Decided to give stippling a try...

Here's the 1st and 2nd attempt and I think they both turned out quite well but here's a few pics,

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ECF9FF1D-E9EC-401C-AFBB-6A5FBA8E8EA0.jpg.html]ECF9FF1D-E9EC-401C-AFBB-6A5FBA8E8EA0.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C2360607-1646-4DA7-8C97-0C9687D503A1.jpg.html]C2360607-1646-4DA7-8C97-0C9687D503A1.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/6C620902-B384-4747-910B-A83F67687913.jpg.html]6C620902-B384-4747-910B-A83F67687913.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/301DB3AD-DF35-4EC7-99A0-0CE1D3A7DB96.jpg.html]301DB3AD-DF35-4EC7-99A0-0CE1D3A7DB96.jpg[/URL]

• Like 3
Lookin real good. I might just have to give this a go. I've got a few A2 grips I chopped the nub off of and while they feel oh so much better now, they look like someone hacked and carved them with a pocket knife. Which I did do :D
  • Like 1

Lookin real good. I might just have to give this a go. I've got a few A2 grips I chopped the nub off of and while they feel oh so much better now, they look like someone hacked and carved them with a pocket knife. Which I did do :D

It's VERY time consuming! I'm into my 2nd week of house sitting for my folks so I've had some spare time in the evenings and not much to fill it. A grip wouldn't be to bad though.
[quote name="Grand Torino" post="1168489" timestamp="1405364376"]You guys did a good job. :up: Once you get past the 'freak out" factor it's not actually that hard to do. :lol:[/quote] thanks...I'm really critical of my own work on everything so nice to see someone has a positive remark....I practiced on a pmag before hand and watched some videos on youtube...

here is the first side of my G19 I did last night...was scared ishtless for the first few minutes...planned to start working on the 2nd side tonight...I guess it turned out ok..e4a5yqur.jpg

You sir, have a larger pair than I! I wanted to do one of my pistols but decided I should practice on $10 mags rather than a pistol frame. Yours looks great though!

thanks...I'm really critical of my own work on everything so nice to see someone has a positive remark....I practiced on a pmag before hand and watched some videos on youtube...

And now I see that you took the same route as I did.
haha, nah just brain dead from my wife popping me on the back of my head...the plastic on the pmag and the glock frame are NOT the same...the glock is much quicker to react to the soldering iron, so keep that in mind.. Edited by jacob
  • Authorized Vendor

thanks...I'm really critical of my own work on everything so nice to see someone has a positive remark....I practiced on a pmag before hand and watched some videos on youtube...

I watch everything on the webz before I try something new. Then I just jump in and do it. :lol:

• Like 1
[quote name="Grand Torino" post="1168501" timestamp="1405366341"]I watch everything on the webz before I try something new. Then I just jump in and do it. :lol:[/quote] same here...painted my AR and AK same way...

Maybe by Christmas but I could guarantee them to be done by 2016. You weren't in a hurry, right?

LMAO! Now that's PSA service right there! You really did a great job on the punisher mag. How did you come up with the outline? A sticker?

LMAO! Now that's PSA service right there! You really did a great job on the punisher mag. How did you come up with the outline? A sticker?

It's the Craft Intl. Skull minus the crosshairs over the right eye. As far as a sticker goes, I didn't have one so I pulled up a pic online and went with it. If you space out where you touch the wood burner to it to where you're only hitting it every quarter inch then you can go back andfill in the gaps in a rounded fashion. You can also draw it on with pencil (at least that what a guy on another forum said) and then just burn along the lines once you have it drawn on the way you want it.

I do try to pattern my shipping after the ultra timely PSA !
  • Like 1
Guest 04 Rocko Taco

It's the Craft Intl. Skull minus the crosshairs over the right eye. 

Great work! Looks fantastic. 

You really did a great job on the punisher mag. 

It's the Craft Intl. Skull minus the crosshairs over the right eye. 

It looks great! Fantastic work!

Just for reference, the Craft Intl skull minus the cross in the right eye - IS the Punisher Skull. 

• 1 month later...

What did u guys use ?? And what temperature if you know?I have both propane, and a hako soldering station. I may taken crack at this while I'm on lt duty this week!

I've got a cheap wood burning kit (looks to be a soldering iron with interchangeable tips) from Lowes. I believe the brand is Weller. It does not have multiple heat settings so i'm not sure what temp it operates at. I would suggest using the sharpest pointed tip you've got. I keep mine filed to a good sharp point and have to do so after about an hour of use. I never would have dreamed that lightly touching plastic with it would dull or deform the brass tip but I guess I wasn't appreciating how many hundreds of times you have to make contact to stipple a square inch or two. If you've any more questions don't hesitate to ask.