Geissele Triggers: Worth It?

I prefer lots of ammo AND a good trigger....see what I did there ;) It's up to each individual to gauge their financial situation. If I'm asked if a trigger is worth a purchase, I'm assuming you have the discretionary funds to pay for it, if not, that's on you Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1
biggest problem with the G is that it made me much less satisfied with the other triggers i have. it is truly a pleasurable and worthy upgrade that few upgrades can compete with.

agree with above. a boatload of ammo wont make up for a good trigger.

and if you want precision, the G is a good choice (one of the best), but only one of many parts of the equation.
  • Admin Team

I guess it depends on your use case and what you're really hoping to affect.

A standard mil-spec trigger is reliable, and thus the reason it's been installed in millions upon millions of rifles.  While it's not a particularly great trigger, it's plenty sufficient for a "battle rifle", and is probably plenty sufficient for you as well at most distances and in most use cases.  That said, there's a reason they upgrade the triggers in DMR rifles, and if you're looking to shoot precision at longer ranges, a better trigger may in fact be a good choice.

For the vast majority of AR owners, a standard mil-spec trigger will fill any functional need they have.  So really it's about wants as opposed to needs. 

Bill Geissele's triggers are the best triggers on the market today.  If you can afford to give one a try, you won't be disappointed.  If after trying it, you decide it's not for you, you can certainly sell if for most of what you paid for it in short order.

I guess it depends on your use case and what you're really hoping to affect.

A standard mil-spec trigger is reliable, and thus the reason it's been installed in millions upon millions of rifles.  While it's not a particularly great trigger, it's plenty sufficient for a "battle rifle", and is probably plenty sufficient for you as well at most distances and in most use cases.  That said, there's a reason they upgrade the triggers in DMR rifles, and if you're looking to shoot precision at longer ranges, a better trigger may in fact be a good choice.

For the vast majority of AR owners, a standard mil-spec trigger will fill any functional need they have.  So really it's about wants as opposed to needs. 

Bill Geissele's triggers are the best triggers on the market today.  If you can afford to give one a try, you won't be disappointed.  If after trying it, you decide it's not for you, you can certainly sell if for most of what you paid for it in short order.

Yeah, I was thinking it's more for DMR applications. Makes sense there, and for snipers. 

I wouldn't consider that safe for most normal applications....and it IS still a 2 stage trigger.

Ah. The only good trigger is a single stage trigger. I'll let somebody else come along and argue that one :)

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Anyone that shoots rifles a lot at very small targets will tell you that there are two very important components to his rifle... The barrel and the trigger...

I've found this to be very true... When you improve the trigger, you improve your inherent accuracy... Target triggers are an improvement to any rifle that is capable of good accuracy...

leroy