Sig Arm Stabilizer...Who's got one?

gregintenn

IF this happened it likely would be like the Streetsweeper and USAS12 when they were moved to NFA in the 1990s......you register it tax free. Tax gets paid if you ever sell it just like current NFA stuff. 

As to whether this is even a real possibility? Who knows. I just see where this could be the next "boogeyman" that the anti gun folk go after if there is a high profile shooting involving one and I don't know that there would be enough support on our side to keep it from getting sacrificed in the name of avoiding other restrictions.....if all 100 million gunowners would just say "NO"....then nothing restrictive legislation wise would happen...ever.....but we all know that ALL 100 million gunowners are not in agreement...

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1

IF this happened it likely would be like the Streetsweeper and USAS12 when they were moved to NFA in the 1990s......you register it tax free. Tax gets paid if you ever sell it just like current NFA stuff.

As to whether this is even a real possibility? Who knows. I just see where this could be the next "boogeyman" that the anti gun folk go after if there is a high profile shooting involving one and I don't know that there would be enough support on our side to keep it from getting sacrificed in the name of avoiding other restrictions.....

This is a real possibility. Of course, liberals are so ignorant of firearms and the laws they put on the books that an AR15 by itself is evil enough that length is inconsequential. Hell, many liberals think that full auto machine guns are legally and easily obtained. They're educated by Hollywood movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What barrel length/FF tube length is that one? Also, how's the muzzle blast with that pig?

Just to upate this, I got a chance to try it out with the KAK can and am very impressed. It does a good job of directing the blast forward and the whole thing was actually very pleasant to shoot. Anyone looking for a good alternative to the Noveske should check them out.

Just to upate this, I got a chance to try it out with the KAK can and am very impressed. It does a good job of directing the blast forward and the whole thing was actually very pleasant to shoot. Anyone looking for a good alternative to the Noveske should check them out.

Yep, I have the KAK saved on Amazon. No way I'd ever pay that amount for the Noveske. I went ahead and bit the bullet and got the Labor Day package on primary arms which has the brace, tube and upper for $400.

Absolutely worth it, unless you're actually gonna use it on your arm. Use KAK tube or similar to get longer LOP and a more vertical grip like Magpul K2 or MOE K2 grip, really improves ergonomics for a shorter LOP, much like on an AK.

There's a new model now too:

sbx.jpg

https://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/sbx-pistol-stabilizing-brace-686.aspx

- OS

OOOOOH nice , I am gonna be ordering a brace in the next day or two and would love to get one of these "Can't find any in stock atm though" thanks very much for this post though never seen that and if i can find one i will go this route.

Edited by plank white
[quote name="Runco" post="1189509" timestamp="1410652126"]That looks more like a flame thrower than a pistol!!!![/quote] Indeed. Cloudy day and perfect camera timing. I suppose with some sort of flash hider or muzzle brake it would decrease, I'm using the Kaw valley precision linear comp currently

Indeed. Cloudy day and perfect camera timing. I suppose with some sort of flash hider or muzzle brake it would decrease, I'm using the Kaw valley precision linear comp currently

How do you like the KAW? I've got a Levang and am quite happy considering the size and cost, but I do like the looks of those as well.
[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1189571" timestamp="1410660664"]How do you like the KAW? I've got a Levang and am quite happy considering the size and cost, but I do like the looks of those as well.[/quote] Today was my first day out with it, and I won't lie it took me a little bit of getting used to with it throwing that flame. But other than the flame, I thought it directed noise rather well. Recoil was straight back. I'd compare it to the Noveske flaming pig I had on a 7.5", just a ton lighter and much less expensive
Hmm. I'm very comfortable with my pistol being a part time flame thrower. Its got the KAK on there now and I think it works very well, but it's heavy as all get out.

I like the Levang on the 20" heavy barrel its on since there's already no real felt recoil with that rifle but I figured it could still be more pleasant to be behind or next to. Since the barrel on that one is so long there's not much to see RE: flame anyway.

Today was my first day out with it, and I won't lie it took me a little bit of getting used to with it throwing that flame. But other than the flame, I thought it directed noise rather well. Recoil was straight back. I'd compare it to the Noveske flaming pig I had on a 7.5", just a ton lighter and much less expensive

hey kk what length barrel are you running on that one in the pix?

[quote name="seez52" post="1189659" timestamp="1410708575"]so a 10.5 upper will get to the magical 26.5" overall? That's going to be my next build[/quote] They key to that is the KAK extended tube for the Sig brace, it's longer than a regular pistol tube. But yep, it meets the required length

OOOOOH nice , I am gonna be ordering a brace in the next day or two and would love to get one of these "Can't find any in stock atm though" thanks very much for this post though never seen that and if i can find one i will go this route.

I'm wondering if Bosco/SIG and ATF might be having a bit of a disagreement over this one. Might just be a bit more than ATF can swallow and keep a straight face.

- OS

I'm wondering if Bosco/SIG and ATF might be having a bit of a disagreement over this one. Might just be a bit more than ATF can swallow and keep a straight face.

- OS

I gave up after 2 days and still not in stock I ordered the regular sb15 , if the sbx becomes more widely available I may jump on it at a later date , but for now my Mini Draco will be here tomorrow and all my other goodies for the build will be here by thursday at the latest so I figured I better get the sb15 in asap

Edited by plank white
  • Like 1

I have 2 of the newer SBX braces on order. Can hardly wait for them to arrive. I don't understand why anyone that uses these would find it important to remain over 26.5" OAL. Isn't the whole point to allow legal use of a shortened AR via the pistol definition?

Its probably due to using the vertical forward grip which can't be used on a pistol unless its over 26.5". I don't use the grip on a pistol so no need to worry about length for me. I have one on my 16" barreled rifle due to where I have the laser mounted, otherwise I would not need it for that one either.
[quote name="wileecoyote" post="1189967" timestamp="1410802392"]I have 2 of the newer SBX braces on order. Can hardly wait for them to arrive.I don't understand why anyone that uses these would find it important to remain over 26.5" OAL. Isn't the whole point to allow legal use of a shortened AR via the pistol definition?[/quote] As mentioned above, if the firearm in my picture was under 26.5", I would have an AOW on my hands. I'm use a vertical grip the way some people use magpuls AFG, so it's important that I continue that on this weapon as well