Best low cost pistol AR stripped lower currently?

Tobashadow

Just talked to my friend, we're just gonna grab Spikes lowers 1t On Target, they are $115. Outpost only has one and of course we need two. I am very happy with the Spikes lower I have and want to get building as early as we can due to deer season next Saturday. He's getting more excited every day about having his first AR, and I'm happy to help him.
  • Like 1

Pretty sure that is a violation of ATF regulations if it's a new lower.

What? I thought the law was that any stripped lower sold as new, never built, was able to be built into either a pistol or a rifle. FFL dealers usually mark my lowers as OTHER (receiver) on the form 4473.

What? I thought the law was that any stripped lower sold as new, never built, was able to be built into either a pistol or a rifle. FFL dealers usually mark my lowers as OTHER (receiver) on the form 4473.

What, What?  Tobashadow said he found a lower but they would only transfer it as a rifle.  That is wrong.  Then again, we're only going on what he said.

What, What? Tobashadow said he found a lower but they would only transfer it as a rifle. That is wrong. Then again, we're only going on what he said.

Right, but you had quoted his statement about buying a new Andersen at the gun show, thus your statement implied that this would have been illegal.

I guess you quoted the wrong portion, but don't quote me on that. :p

It sucks not having a decent gun shop near by, I made a few calls and found a Adams for $79 but they would only trasfer it as a rifle so screw them.

So they had a stripped lower but would only transfer it as a rifle?

Yep, I wish I had grabbed a anderson for $49 at the gun show back in spring.

Right, but you had quoted his statement about buying a new Andersen at the gun show, thus your statement implied that this would have been illegal.

I guess you quoted the wrong portion, but don't quote me on that. :P

See the part in bold where he said "Yep"? 

See the part in bold where he said "Yep"?

Yep, I see the bolded YEP, and yep I saw it the first time too.

But you quoted his whole sentence after the YEP, thus your reply appeared to be directed at the full sentence. A misquote? Yep. Or at least a misleading indirect reference. Confusing? Yep. Is it worthy of further comment? Nope. :D Edited by wileecoyote

Yep, I see the bolded YEP, and yep I saw it the first time too.

But you quoted his whole sentence after the YEP, thus your reply appeared to be directed at the full sentence. A misquote? Yep. Or at least a misleading indirect reference. Confusing? Yep. Is it worthy of further comment? Nope. :D

If you need the last word you may have it...even if you're wrong.   :taunt: :D

i think i bought mine at PSA not long ago for $39 a piece... I bought 2 Anderson blemished... can't tell what's blemished on it though... heck I think they had deals of like 10 stripped lowers too for a ridiculous  deal, but it was more than i wanted to spend at the time...

I am in middle TN and have easily found 4 different dealers which only charge $15 for a transfer, and 2 of these gave me a pretty nice discount when receiving more than one on a single transfer.

Do you mind sharing names of these shops? I contacted one shop the other day and they told me $35 per firearm. Yikes.

Thanks!

Do you mind sharing names of these shops? I contacted one shop the other day and they told me $35 per firearm. Yikes.

Thanks!

Cheapest I know of is Smyrna Pawn & Gun. $25 and that includes BGC. Every other place I know of is $35 plus BGC like you said.

Edited by rugerla1

Thanks!

One is Kwik Kash Pawn in Lebanon. Great folks, very friendly, $25 total including TICS.

I have a few others that have done it for me at that price, including D&T Arms in Goodlettsville and Yogeys Bunker in Lebanon, but both of them went out of business recently.

I have a few others that have done it for that price or even less, giving me discounts for multiple guns per transfer, but I won't publish those shops because they are personal deals I have negotiated and I consider them friends, so I can't say if they would do the same for others.

The best advice I can give you is to find a nice local shop, not too big, and visit them often enough to get to know the owners. Buy a few things once in awhile even if just ammo, powder, targets, accessories, etc. And befriend them, hang out and chat, take them some lunch or snacks, just be a nice guy. Then you will almost always get treated nice in return, and often you will make new friends for life. And be prepared to help educate any new dealers, or their counter help, as many folks don't know how to handle multiple gun transactions by doing them all on one form with an attachment and running all on one TICS through the website. This helps them save time and money, which will often result in a discount for you too.
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

Picked up a Matrix Aerospace lower today at Guns N More in Smyrna today for $86.91 OTD. They did a soft opening today, do NFA items, cerakote, 60 day layaway and have a decent amount of stuff in with the rest coming in on the grand opening Nov 1. Really nice folks!

(From their FB page)

$15 transfers for Everyone
$10 transfers for Law Enforcement - Firefighters - EMTs - & Teachers <----This is awesome!

+ $10 TICS (Background Check)

Credit Cards Accepted (NO EXTRA CHARGE)

164 S Lowry St

Smyrna TN 37167
615-905-1987

Edited by rugerla1

I don't see why anyone would go to a plastic lower just to save $5-$15 off the cost of buying a T6 aluminum alloy mil-spec lower. The military and industry has tested the snot out of T6 lowers and they are battle proven, so why take a chance for such a small savings? Even if they were only $10 I wouldn't want one, it's just silly when you look at the cost of the rest of the parts, and the importance of reliability / safety.

Sounds like what people said about glock. Composites, polymers, and such have potential to outperform their metal counterparts. Tavor, fs2000, both are polymers. But hey, I know that there are those that will not accept it until it is battle proven,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds like what people said about glock. Composites, polymers, and such have potential to outperform their metal counterparts. Tavor, fs2000, both are polymers. But hey, I know that there are those that will not accept it until it is battle proven,

Never heard of a broken Glock frame from normal use, even from quite heavy abuse. However, there are MANY polymer AR lowers that have cracked to pieces with no abuse whatsoever. It's far from just an "opinion".

https://www.google.com/search?q=broken+ar+polymer+lower&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=hEg&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NwZDVMbAPJLDggTb2IKgBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1446&bih=642

ps: I had an Omni break myself. Not catastrophically, but still cracked and piece of the takedown detent/spring channel broke out, exposing part of both of them.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

My old boss and I are running out to Everything Weapons Sunday to check out the Anderson stripped lowers they have for $50. If they look good, hard to beat that with no transfer fee added. If not, then I will get another Spikes. It will be my friends first AR, he is excited as I was the first time I put a lower together.

Several of my co-workers and I bought Anderson lowers from EW in the past couple of months. They were aluminum and of good quality, especially for the price. I wish I could say the same for their uppers. Edited by BigK

Several of my co-workers and I bought Anderson lowers from EW in the past couple
of months. They were aluminum and of good quality, especially for the price. I wish
I could say the same for their uppers.

I ordered one from Primary Arms and the front holes for the pivot pin were extremely tight. I wrote about it in the Gunsmithing section tonight. It seems nice and I read pretty good reviews on them. Maybe I just got that one that was a little off. Everything else seemed fine though.

Another two broken poly lowers here. I even tried one of the reinforced lowers made in TN and it was out of spec. Just stick with a forged aluminum lower and you'll be fine.

Never heard of a broken Glock frame from normal use, even from quite heavy abuse. However, there are MANY polymer AR lowers that have cracked to pieces with no abuse whatsoever. It's far from just an "opinion".

https://www.google.com/search?q=broken+ar+polymer+lower&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=hEg&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NwZDVMbAPJLDggTb2IKgBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1446&bih=642

ps: I had an Omni break myself. Not catastrophically, but still cracked and piece of the takedown detent/spring channel broke out, exposing part of both of them.

- OS

• Like 1

- OS

I am not advocating ATI or Bushmaster POS lowers. I am advocating one particular company that employs a 6-6 nylon with brass inserts for threads that is very open about the abuse testing they have performed. ATI has poisoned market opinion with their inferior product and piss poor QA on it. I think TN Arms Co has a solid product that is worth taking a look at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I ordered one from Primary Arms and the front holes for the pivot pin were extremely tight. I wrote about it in the Gunsmithing section tonight. It seems nice and I read pretty good reviews on them. Maybe I just got that one that was a little off. Everything else seemed fine though.

They can be tight because the finish Anderson uses is a bit thicker than anodizing alone. It will loosen up a bit as it wears.