New policy on .22 ammo at Sportsmans Warehouse....................

Guest BCR#1

Per a release read by a warehouse employee, there will not be any .22 put out at the customer service counter on monday mornings anymore. Times and days will be staggered so everyone has an equal chance at buying some

during the week.

We did go out with a bang this morning though. 1600 rnd. CCI mini mags sealed in an ammo can for $131.00 OTD. for the first 15 in line. Everyone else was limited to two 50 rnd. boxes of Aquila or standard velocity CCI.

Bill

Edited by BCR#1

It really is sickening that this amount of time has passed and .22 ammo is still this ridiculous to find. I haven't pulled the trigger on anything in that caliber since this crap started getting nuts-o. Leave what I have in the ammo can and if I happen to walk in somewhere and there's a box there, I'll grab it. Chances are I won't even notice since I'm out of the habit of checking for it to be there.

• Like 1
Feel sorry for the folks that like the .22 rounds. Switched over to airgun calibers and haven`t looked back. No neckbeards in front of me at the counter and "ammo" is plentiful. It is what it is.

I do hope though, that all of us can enjoy what we were so used to once and the madness will be over.

Saw the other day in a post someone else started, about the unavailability of powder. Did some checking online, and they were right. I didn`t realize how bad it had gotten. This has gotten out of hand.

Not trying to steer things off of the OP`s post. Just making a general comment.

It was good to see a store operation, trying to give folks a chance to buy what many need.

I smiled thinking that there was hope for all.

This is what all stores should have been doing the whole time. I'm not going to go so far as to say that things would be back to "normal" if everyone had done this but it would have made it WAY tougher for the resellers that were buying it all up in the beginning. If it hadn't been for them most folks would have been satisfied just buying what they needed if they had been seeing it on the shelves.

One other thing that would have helped is if the retailers marked the ammunition they sold. Stamping the box with "Sold at Walmart" or even better "Not for resale" would have got rid of a lot of the resellers. Unfortunately all the retailers I asked about it said they would not and the reason why is because right now it is being sold as fast as it is being put on the shelves.