Any good Pawn Shops with good variety of guns in Nashville & Middle Tn area ?

tercel89

Any good Pawn Shops with good variety of guns in Nashville area and surrounding middle Tn area ? I haven't been to many in Nashville and was wanting to know where to look.  With good brands like Ruger , S&W , Glock and not the cheap pot-metal junk . 

Edited by tercel89
funny story. (and a bit off topic). i worked for berry's for several years. this was 15-20 years ago.

at that time i was in my mid twenties, and was given dave's book by my father. i had no debt, but my dad thought it was a good read so i read it. several months later dave spoke at our church. i had the opportunity to have lunch with him afterward (my father was the pastor) and asked why he didn't mention pawn shops as a good way to save money on purchased items. his response was that he had never met a pawn broker that he trusted. i mentioned berry's to him and told him that i thought they would advertise if he would allow them to.

the retail business of the pawn shop increased substantially with that advertising.

pretty cool (at least i think so). now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
  • Like 2
Would someone please explain why anyone would shop at a pawn shop, for guns or anything else? I have been to several dozen of all different sizes and in numerous cities / states. Every single one had almost nothing but used stuff that was in terrible condition, and every item was priced at or even above the cost of the same thing brand new from a traditional retailer. At first I assumed it was just a starting price for negotiations, but on at least 6 times that I attempted to negotiate the clerks indicated their prices were firm and they looked at me like I was crazy. In at least 3 of the shops I tried to reason "but your item is used and worn, and look at this on my phone showing the same thing brand new for less at another store"... only to have the clerks say "but you are not in a retail store, this is a pawn shop" as if that somehow explained why I should pay more.

I understand how they take advantage of people that need cash quick, or that want a loan with bad credit, and if those customers know what they are giving up due to their desperation then it's their business. But for the pawn shop to then attempt to sell overpriced junk to cash-rich customers that know better is crazy. So I've always assumed it must be those same ignorant or desperate customers paying top dollar for junk, likely funded by trading away what little of value they have left. I just can't see how else these shops stay in business.

Sure, I hear the occasional stories of how someone scored a mint unfired WWII german luger complete with the dead nazi officer still attached for only $127 at their local pawn shop, but I've yet to ever see or get a single deal myself, and I do keep looking once in awhile. The closest I have come to a deal lately is Kwik Kash Pawn in Lebanon where they do transfers for $15. Edited by wileecoyote
  • Like 1

... only to have the clerks say "but you are not in a retail store, this is a pawn shop" as if that somehow explained why I should pay more. ...

...they take advantage of people that need cash quick,...

Sure, I hear the occasional stories of how someone scored a mint unfired WWII german luger complete with the dead nazi officer still attached for only $127 at their local pawn shop, but I've yet to ever see or get a single deal myself, and I do keep looking once in awhile. The closest I have come to a deal lately is Kwik Kash Pawn in Lebanon where they do transfers for $15.

The places that price guns like that are also preying on people that'll put that item on layaway, and take five or six months worth of finance charges to pay it off.

I've found plenty of great deals. Murfreesboro Pawn and Gun is one, One Stop in antioch is another. Occasionally at Lavergne Pawn and Gun, and at the Kwik Kash in Smyrna. A lot of times, the good deals are only on what sits for a long time. If inventory doesn't move, the shop will be more inclined to wheel and deal.

Haven't found any I like in nashville, most of em have beat up stuff as mentioned above, or thousand dollar norinco's or off the wall beaters.Went to a big one near cookeville. Same thing,lotsa overpriced junk. Like eBay... Id rather pay a lil more and be safe than be maimed or dead by saving less than my insurance deductible. I'd bet there's deals here and there but I never see. em..what I don't get is why they're so hard on their warez price wise....especially w places like buds and more on the net

WOW , I just went to a few and Holy Moses !!!!! They are selling used guns higher than new guns at the gun shops  :down: I remember just 10 yrs ago you could get a good deal but Holy crap !!!! 

Yep.  I went around Saturday and had the same luck. Ended up going to Nashville Armory and finding what I wanted in the trade in's. They negotiated with me as well and earned a repeat customer from here on out. I will say I went there last because I assumed I couldn't get a good deal at a gunstore. I was wrong and will continue to pass by the pawn shops.  :pleased:

I think the only way to get a good deal on guns at a pawn shop is if you are a regular. A buddy of mines dad goes on a route once a week to multiple stores. They know him well and he has found some really great buys. He is looking for more collectible stuff most of the time. I think if you are Joe Schmoe just stopping in they probably aren't looking to deal as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1