SIG SBX Brace Available

I was thinking also last night... i just re-gripped my golf clubs not long ago... and you could do the same thing with this to insure it would stay in place... just some double sided tape and mineral spirits rubbed on, then slide it on and let dry... not sure how big of a circumference the KAK gen2 tubes are but that's what i have...haven't gotten my brace in yet tho...

You have to cut golf grips off if you want to remove them, though. Pretty final solution for a $100+ item. Some folks use hair spray, does similar but can get it back off without too much trouble.

But most don't use anything. KAK tube and some similar now have flange for the original SB15 so it can't slide forward, and side to side isn't much of a prob. The new SBX has wall in the end, so it's restrained from forward motion with that.

The brace spec is for tubes of 1.0-1.2" OD, which most are. Some are slightly bigger and not only do folks have a bear of a time getting them on, but it stretches the channel out, and they might no longer fit a different tube (though some have heated then cooled them to get some shrinkage back).

- OS

For LOP I just wrapped self adhesive silicon tape around the tube for a custom fit. I wrapped it up high enough that the tap on the bottom of the sb15 was just touching the wrap when it was engaged. Then I cut it flat on top to give it clearance for the charging handle, and gave it one more wrap to cover the cut section. The tape is self fusing so it basically looks like a rubber extension on the brace. When you look at it closely you can tell its home made, but it works great and the length is just where I want it.

On AR a 10.3" or 10.5" barrel with an extended buffer tube like the KAK model made for the brace makes it.  Standard pistol buffer tube or carbine tube will fall short. Measured from end of barrel threads to end of buffer tube. Muzzle device only counts in barrel length and hence overall length if permanently attached.

- OS

So I understand this to mean that you have to have 26" BEFORE the sig brace is on?? You cannot include the sig brace in the measurement?

The sig brace cannot add length like a collapsible stock cannot add length or at least that would be my opinion.

That is how I was thinking it. An AR rifle is measured from the threaded end of the barrel (unless muzzle device is permanantly attached) to the butt of a fully collapsed stock, I thought it might be the same with a sig brace, but I am not sure because the brace is not permanant.

So I understand this to mean that you have to have 26" BEFORE the sig brace is on?? You cannot include the sig brace in the measurement?

No no. Overall length is only a factor if you want to use a vertical forward grip. Totally tangential discussion. The brace can be used on any firearm, any way you can attach it.

The sig brace cannot add length like a collapsible stock cannot add length or at least that would be my opinion

Well, nothing on a pistol but the "firearm" or "weapon" itself or grip on the ass end has ever been clearly ruled as adding to legal OAL. So far, that's only a buffer tube on AR direct impingement pistols, as of course that is a necessary part of the firearm.

It's legal to put anything you like on the ass end of a firearm except a stock in certain configs or a device that allows auto fire, but that doesn't mean it contributes to legal OAL any more than would a banana.

If you didn't read it, Dolo has written ATF for a ruling as to whether adding a buffer tube to an AK pistol adds legal OAL, so we'll see. That would allow many folks to do a VFG on AR pistols, and he will be exalted among AKdom if so!

That is how I was thinking it. An AR rifle is measured from the threaded end of the barrel (unless muzzle device is permanantly attached) to the butt of a fully collapsed stock, I thought it might be the same with a sig brace, but I am not sure because the brace is not permanant.

Nope. ATF measures OAL in long guns with stock fully extended, whether collapsible or folding or both. Not pertinent to handguns for obvious reasons.

Read my reply in middle, brace certainly can't count in length, unless they make some ruling that it does.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with the SB-15, I dig it, leaving it on my main AR pistol/firearm.

ARpistol-final.jpg

Just wanted to try the new one on an AK pistol, similar to what Dolomite has done, except with the M92 PAP.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/82736-my-edc-mini-draco-final-version/

- OS

what grip do you have on that? my buddy is buying a umbrella corp grip for the more vertical ergonomics... looked sort of like one...also can you post a few pix with your SBX?  :yum:  and compared to the SB15 how do u like it? how is the sturdiness of it...is the SB15 more beefier? is the SBX more flimsy and thin?

what grip do you have on that? my buddy is buying a umbrella corp grip for the more vertical ergonomics... looked sort of like one...also can you post a few pix with your SBX?  :yum:  and compared to the SB15 how do u like it? how is the sturdiness of it...is the SB15 more beefier? is the SBX more flimsy and thin?

It's a MOE K2 grip and yes it is more upright, pretty much same as AK angle. Amazing ergonomic difference on a shot LOP firearm for such a small change, takes the tension out of elbow and wrist that the standard AR grip angle imposes.

The SBX is actually going on an AK pistol, supposed to have last link of hardware tomorrow, will do a pic when I get it together. I like the looks of it better because there's simply less of it and folks so far report just as nice to misuse as the SB-15. ;)

I have the SBX brace and KAK tube, and the SBX is shorter than SB-15 in tube channel, plus has a wall on back channel, all of which means it falls a good 1/2" or more short of the retaining flange on the tube unlike the SB-15. Thought ahead and got the spacers to compensate for that so there's no gap, dunno which one going to use yet till I it get it together and see which is best for misuse of the brace.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

OH SHOOT! there is a spacer?! welp...back to the KAK website i guess... i was thinking since the SB15 fit flush to the flange, there was going to be a small gap with the SBX... 

well last night I decided to throw one of my lowers together... I thought i had a KAK tube but it's a guntec tube... it went together ok but i think i am going to order the original KAK tube with no castle nut and a spacer pack... going to see if the spacers work on this guntec tube also... looks like the flange on the KAK is bigger to me tho... but as far as the SBX goes... it's beefy and sturdy, not flimsy like i thought it'd be... this one also has a umbrella corporation grip on it... 

[URL=http://s188.photobucket.com/user/italyencracka/media/unnamed_zps5e44b294.jpg.html]unnamed_zps5e44b294.jpg[/URL]

Edited by carter

Of course, now there's already a lower price, $134.95 also free shipping.

https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/ProductDetails/Sig-Sauer-SBX-Pistol-Stabilizing-Brace-SBX-AR-BLK

I guess they'll get down to the $110 range like the SB15 did eventually if enough of them get made.

- OS

For anyone intereested this site is having a pre black friday sale. Use coupon code PREBLACK for 10% off. I just got the sbx for 121.00 and free shipping. thanks OS for the link.

• Like 1

Its trivia night, found this on another site, what's wrong here?
imagejpg1_zps592da9b5.jpg

Brace seems to sit high on tube for some reason, perhaps charging handle can't clear brace? Probably illusion of angle.

Nothing else I can see, except seems to be 12" or longer barrel, which would I suppose technically negate its carry on person via an HCP here.

I also don't see a BCG in it, but that's probably just a quirk of the photo also?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The photo came from ar15.com, the guy was trying to be funny, its a MG with a SIG brace...

Ah, well, if the shot were from the other side, might have had a clue.

But anyway, why not? Except for no quick collapsible function (so far), I find the SB-15 brace just as comfy misused against shoulder as a standard hard back AR stock, and the SBX slightly more so!

- OS

Do all the sig braces come with the buffer tube and springs? 

No. Brace is discrete product. Anything else is bundled as a kit by the retailer, whether SIG or others.

People use a variety of buffer tubes with them. Have even seen a few with rifle tubes, though you have to use a round or two of tape to build up diameter of tube a little.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1