Just for kicks... what is your pirmary carry gun, what do you load it with, and why?

Dan Wesson Cbob 1911 .45 with 200gr Golden Sabres or when I want a change of pace my Browning Hi Power .40 with Federal Tactical 135gr (best SD round I have on hand) since they both fit my M-Tac holster :-D For a BUG or when im wearing shorts is the good ol S&W J-frame 638 with Speer Gold Dot 38spcl +P Short Barrel ammo. I can shoot all 3 reasonably well enough to defend myself or at least scare the crap outta the assailant lol.

Why the ammo choice?

.45 = Cause Golden Sabres were on sale and perform reasonably well

.40 = 135gr is light to carry and is super accurate if not very hard hitting

.38 = Speer Gold Dot short barrel +P is pretty much the best j-frame ammo on the market in terms of reliability and performance

When I run out of the .45 and .40 the self defense ammo will probably be replaced by some doubletap products since they seem to produce the hardest hitting ammo on the market. I have no plans in straying from the gold dot short barrel ammo in the .38

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
more info
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I have SP101 and can usually find it, using either hand, or both.

Please elaborate on joke, so can get good laugh, can use one.

- OS

A small Nashville area gun dealer uses a rather derogatory statement about a larger Winchester area gun dealer as his signature on his forum. To the effect that, "That ****ing douche bag can't find his ass with both hands, i seriously doubt he is going to find you a SP-101 or any other non-uber tactifool firearm" despite the fact that the dealer had at least one in his case at that time.

The statement in question was actually made by another member of this forum, on that forum, and has grown legs and seems to have a life of it's own now.

So whenever the SP101 is brought up, hilarity now ensues. :cool:

A small Nashville area gun dealer uses a rather derogatory statement about a larger Winchester area gun dealer as his signature on his forum. To the effect that, "That ****ing douche bag can't find his ass with both hands, i seriously doubt he is going to find you a SP-101 or any other non-uber tactifool firearm."

The statement in question was actually made by another member of this forum, on that forum, and has grown legs and seems to have a life of it's own now.

So whenever the SP101 is brought up, hilarity now ensues. :cool:

and now I know the why! Anyway, Glock 19 (I know, I know:D) currently with TAP 115 +p. When I finally use that up I will go back to Federal HST 124g.

A small Nashville area gun dealer uses a rather derogatory statement about a larger Winchester area gun dealer ....:cool:

Ah, thanks...

I actually HAVE seen that over on the Jewish Exile forum, just didn't ring a bell. Thankee, and it is funny....

- OS

XD-9 SubCompact loaded with 115gr +p+ Gold Dot ammo from Georgia-Arms. Plan on buying some 135gr +p Federal Bonded HST once I shoot up the remainder of the 200rd I have of my current supply.

Same here except xd9 service with 124g+p.

Guest coldblackwind

Glock 30 with hydrashocks, or charter arms undercover with reloads. Hydrashocks because they seem to work well, reloads because they were free, and after who knows how many thousand rounds, between me, my dad, and my friend, I've only ever seen them have a problem once.

Guest Astra900

At work all day where I am crawling all over cars and gettin greasy, I carry a Taurus PT145 in a Galco holster, loaded w/ 230g Golden Sabre.

I have carried this gun for around 7 years now. It's been torture tested and approved. Taurus may not be a flashy high end but it cycles perfect and 10+1 in a package that small....

When the lights go down in the city, and the wife and I go out I carry a XD-45 service model in a Blackhawk holster w/ the same ammunition.

Guest truthsayer

S&W 442 with 115gr Hydroshocks. My ex was comfortable shooting this setup, so it's what I'm comfortable with. If it's winter and I'm wearing a lot of clothes, it's a S&W Sigma 40VE with 180gr SXZs... lots of them.

Edited by truthsayer

I carry an old 2nd Gen. Glock 22 loaded with WW 180 gr JHP. With 16 on tap and 15 in spare mag I don't think I'll ever find myself short on ammo! It is so ugly I'll spare you guys the pic. :) On occasion I will carry a .38 spl S&W 649 bodygaurd, and when I can't carry a gun I pocket a Kel-Tec .32. The .38 is full of 135gr GDHP and the .32 is FMJ only. Any of these pistols should do fine in a bad spot, but I would prefer the Glock for its power and capacity.

Guest FNandGlock

I caryy the Glock 27 40 S&W and in my back pack I keep my FN 57 just in case its ever a war breaking out HAHA, I am looking for a FNP 40 so I can shot my reloads since you cant shoot reloads in the Glock !!!!!

Guest Chandler

Ruger P345 , I have copper hollow points , because they dont seem to jam up as much with my model.

I like it , but I think that I might move on to something a little more compact.:crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HexHead

My primary carry is my Nighthawk Talon II, loaded with Hornady Tap 230 gr, +P, carried in a Milt Sparks VM-2...

DSC_0031.jpg

When I don't feel like carrying it, My Smith 442 in a Mika pocket holster, loaded with Remington UMC 128 gr FMJ...

DSC_0020.jpg

Now that the colder weather is coming and I can use an OWB holster under a jacket, I may carry my Kimber Royal II, with the same Hornady load...

DSC_0015.jpg

Edited by HexHead

Glock 19(mostly OWB untucked), Kahr P9(IWB when dressed up and tucked), and most recent addition is S&W 642 lightweight .38(ankle or IWB), all with Federal Hydrashok. I have a waist pack for the Kahr, have used it in the hot hot summer. Not my favorite. Also carry in backpack when hiking in mountains.

you can shoot reloads in a Glock, it is just not recommended by Glock. if you have a KB or any other round failure that results in damage to a Glock, it will not be covered under any warranty you might have on the pistol.

i carry the Glock 27 with a +1 extension and one in the pipe, and a reg cap mag for the spare. in either a Fobus paddle holster at 3 oclock or in an uncle mikes iwb at about 4 oclock cantered forward for a better draw.

target ammo is what ever is cheap, carry ammo is remington 239g jhp's.

no pics on my pc or camera, and i am too lazy to take tem and upload to the internet. im off today and being very lazy =)