I must look funny or something.

Tobashadow

Guest Broomhead
No...you don't have to be an a$$ hole when you shop. You do, however, have to be assertive and commanding, they are there to serve you not chitchat. Be polite, try to get their attention vocally in your usual tone, if that doesn't work then get louder. If at first you don't succeed with getting helped by an associate, do not be shy about asking for/finding a manager. Store Managers are VERY, VERY helpful when you ask them for help and explain that their employee wanted to gab rather than help. They do not want to lose your business, period. Even a $10 sale makes them happy. If an associate is helping another customer and no one else is around, politely wait for a quick break in their conversation and let them know you need their help when they're done, then step back a few feet. If it looks like they'll be tied up for awhile then try to find someone else or just wait, your choice.

You can be polite and still get what you need. You merely have to show/remind them that they have a job and it is to help you while you're in their store. YOU are in command, not them.

Big box stores suck donkey.

It's worth the extra few bucks to trade at a smaller privately owned shop that know my name.

I agree with you and Nicky. Being here in Nashville there are plenty of shops around for selection but there are two in Hendersonville that I go to quite frequently. One of them is a vendor on here and the other is one that I go to for hard to find items but both knew you when you walked in and one of them I got to know the owner and he is a real great guy. As far as big box stores I only go in there to browse around and maybe some ammo but that is about it. When it comes to getting a gun it would be one of the two local gun stores.

"Gander Mountain - Ignored even while directly talking to someone infront of me to the point it even pissed off my son. "

I wore something Alabama related at the one in Knoxville and Valdosta. I couldn't get the time of day at either. At the Valdosta one they flat out fold me they I could come back with a Georgia shirt and get better service. On they way out the manager asked us how our visit was. I gave him an ear full and he could have cared less.