Ideas for SBR stock?

I filed my Form 1 yesterday and am looking for a stock.  Found this ( ).  From my reading online the A5 buffer tube would work well for SBR, but am curious about Vltor stocks in terms of quality/reliability.  I have Magpul stuff, but was looking for something a little different look wise.  Any other opinions are welcomed...just trying to keep my parts box from having more additions, although that is probably an exercise in futility...

b5 sopmod is one of my favorites.unless your a big spender then you can buy the lmt version.also depending on budget i've seen a few pics of SBRs with the magpul UBR they looked really good.

Edited by cz75b

b5 sopmod is one of my favorites.unless your a big spender then you can buy the lmt version.

+1

The SOPMOD stocks are my favorite.  I like the LMT version better, as it seems to have a larger side area for a better cheek weld.  The Magpul STR is also a good alternative.

VLTOR makes excellent stuff, so you should have no problems in that area.  I just have never been a fan of their looks/styling.

Edited by Reservoir Dog
I use a Vltor A5 buffer tube with a std V5 buffer, you can use whatever stock you like, the V5 buffer tube is 1" longer then a std carbine buffer tube system, the V5 std buffer is basically a rifle buffer, this set up allows you to change upper lengths from 10.5,11.5,14.5 or 16" with no need to increase buffers from carbine to H, H1-3, it even compensates for weak ammo.
https://www.vltor.com/products/a5-system/
  • 3 weeks later...

no form 1 needed, and you can cross state lines without more paperwork...

[URL=http://s214.photobucket.com/user/Krankypants/media/CFF87355-3B9A-4FBB-9D83-293AFD1C7D56_zpscnpfotai.jpg.html]CFF87355-3B9A-4FBB-9D83-293AFD1C7D56_zps[/URL]

Edited by carter
  • 2 weeks later...

I like theses, but can't hardly justify the cost. I might, but I'd have to swallow hard on that guilt

Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic

That's what she said... ;)  But seriously, with a proprietary BCG it's not that bad when you think about it, or don't think about it, whatever helps you buy it. :P

Edited by whitewolf001