So what do you think of the College Football Playoff system?

Just curious what you guys think of the new playoff system. Seems to be lots of grief coming in since 3/4 of the current brackets are SEC teams. I am excited that my team is on the top (for now anyways)!

I never quite understood the BCS system but I do think this one seems to be better. If anything I would have hoped for a larger pool of teams similar to the way basketball does it.

Just curious what you guys think of the new playoff system. Seems to be lots of grief coming in since 3/4 of the current brackets are SEC teams. I am excited that my team is on the top (for now anyways)!

I never quite understood the BCS system but I do think this one seems to be better. If anything I would have hoped for a larger pool of teams similar to the way basketball does it.

I don't have a problem with the system as it stands this year, but as a fellow Dawg fan & alumnus, it does feel a little weird to be looking over your shoulder at everyone else at this point in the season. State has never had a #1 bullseye painted on their back before now... I hope they can continue to handle the pressure of a #1 ranking, and I hope like heck that the team stays healthy through the rest of the season! :no1:

Edited by tartanphantom

I don't have a problem with the system as it stands this year, but as a fellow Dawg fan & alumnus, it does feel a little weird to be looking over your shoulder at everyone else at this point in the season. State has never had a #1 bullseye painted on their back before now... I hope they can continue to handle the pressure of a #1 ranking, and I hope like heck that the team stays healthy through the rest of the season! :no1:

Yeah I got scared when Dak started limping but hopefully he shows out against Arkansas and puts my mind at ease. I am wondering at what point my Ole Miss friends will concede that we are the real deal. I will admit they made me a little nervous in the KY game.

most of the SEC mess will play itself out before the season is over.  

The whole thing kind of makes me laugh anyway.   Last year and previous people would bitch about who was #1 or #2 and why #3 deserved a chance,  now we will bitch about why #6 is more deserving than #4.  When it goes to 8 teams then people will argue about #10 being better than #8.  It never ends.

• Like 2
I haven't seen the new rules but can't be worse than what they had. The argument has always been time. They can't start the season before school starts and can't run too far into next year. Keep in mind these guys "still have to go to school and make good grades to play."

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I got scared when Dak started limping but hopefully he shows out against Arkansas and puts my mind at ease. I am wondering at what point my Ole Miss friends will concede that we are the real deal. I will admit they made me a little nervous in the KY game.

I think Kentucky was more of an issue of coming off a bye.  I don't expect that to happen again.  

I think it needs more representation from the conferences.   5 conference winners plus 3 at-large teams would be ideal for me.  The old, subjective BCS system was replaced with a new,  subjective playoff system.  Too much power in the hands of the selection committee, not enough power in the hands of the teams/players.

Who's to say that an unbeaten SEC team is better than a 2-loss Big 12 team, unless you play the game?

I haven't seen the new rules but can't be worse than what they had. The argument has always been time. They can't start the season before school starts and can't run too far into next year. Keep in mind these guys "still have to go to school and make good grades to play."

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean to suggest that the purpose of the university is education and not entertainment?    :rofl:

It'd be super easy to pull 2 weeks from the schedule.  First, remove the "bye" week.  Next, remove the high school team from the schedule.  I've never understood the value of playing a team your 3rd string could beat 50-0.  Run the playoff immediately following the regular reason.  Do away with this silly 3 week delay.  The whole season should be done before Christmas.