Robert O'Neill (aka Osama Killer) in Maryville, TN tonight (11/6/2014)

runco

But that non disclosure agreement only covers classified information, not all information. Saying you shot OBL in the head is not classified nor is being a SEAL, nor is being the SEAL who shot OBL. Now how he got there and what he used could be classified but not admitting to killing OBL. I have read a lot of the stuff that has been said regarding this, as well as watching videos, and IMHO he is not disclosing classified information.

As far as I can remember the forms I signed were not called Non Disclosure Agreements. They did have to deal with OPSEC as well as the handling of classified information but nothing forbidding me from discussing military operations that were not classified. To me a Non Disclosure agreement is an agreement to not talk about anything but you cannot prevent someone from discussing things that are not classified.

Either way I do not believe he has violated anything and has not divulged any more classified information than Obama, Hillary and other members of our government have. They have discussed in detail operational details that this hero would have been thrown in jail for saying. And yes he is a hero, it takes a lot of guts to do what he did in killing OBL and even more to make his face and name public. He, and his family, will be targets for the rest of their lives because of this and that takes a lot of courage.

It's possible the mission itself (ie: the fact that it happened) is still classified by the military.  It doesn't matter that it's been disclosed, reported in the media, even talked about by politicians on the record.  If it's still classified as Secret or any level of Top Secret by the military, it's covered under the NDA.  Period.

There was a similar issue when Wikileaks and the Snowden files came out.  Even though they are available on the internet in several places, the information is still considered classified at it's original level until someone with the proper authority declassifies it.  If someone still in the military without the proper clearance is found looking at it, they can be in trouble.  The whole concept is asinine, but that's the way they handle it.

I guess I should have said the NDA cannot prevent someone from discussing unclassified material rather than saying there was not a NDA. Like I have said, saying you killed OBL is not classified and saying you are a SEAL definitely is not classified. As long as anything he says does not put other service members, or the public, in danger I have zero issue with him talking about it.

I've honestly not done any research into the information this guy has shared in regard to sensitive or classified information, so I can't speak to that.

What I do know is that he sucks and should quit his whining and self aggrandizing. He is no more significant that anyone else who threw a uniform on and put themselves in harms way for this country. I'm tired of my fellow vets seeking the limelight and wanting validation for something the volunteered to do. It lacks honor and shames us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I've honestly not done any research into the information this guy has shared in regard to sensitive or classified information, so I can't speak to that.

What I do know is that he sucks and should quit his whining and self aggrandizing. He is no more significant that anyone else who threw a uniform on and put themselves in harms way for this country. I'm tired of my fellow vets seeking the limelight and wanting validation for something the volunteered to do. It lacks honor and shames us.

+1

Plenty of other vets who are far worse off than him. He has even taken to taking shots at other SOF groups like Rangers, SF and MARSOC.

So he shot OBL, he could not have done it without the, probably hundreds, of support people along the way. Him taking credit, with no mention of anyone else, goes right along with my personal experience with SEALs.

I still do not believe OBL was killed in 2011. I believe he died in 2006, as I was told by several different people, of typhoid and the president took a calculated risk in declaring we killed OBL. I have wondered why there was no body, no pictures of the body or anything else for the public to see. He was our country's greatest villain and his body was just dumped into the sea, I don't believe it. Can't tell me there wasn't at least one person who took a picture before they dumped him overboard. There is even a post by someone else long before 2011 stating the same thing, OBL died in 2006 from typhoid.

Remember, this was right before the president's run for reelection.

And above all else I hope OBL is in fact dead, regardless from what, because if he isn't it would be very, very bad for the US and our allies. Imagine the support he would get if he suddenly appeared in the public spotlight saying he has risen from the dead after the infidels killed him. All Muslims would follow him unconditionally thinking he is the next great prophet and we would be the enemy. 

In the end I do believe OBL is dead but I do not believe he died the way we have been told.

I for one, do believe OBL died as highly publicized or someone or some group like Al Jazeera would have had many post stories debunking the U.S. gov. account, and would have had a field day with the information.  Many other U.S. hater countries and their media would have done the same. 

I do understand the many conspiracy theories or alternative story lines that develop after a major event, like who really shot Kennedy, we did not walk on the moon, Elvis did not die, OJ didn't do it, 9/11 the buildings were already rigged with bombs, and my most recent favorite, the Republicans win was not a wave, but a few disgruntled local elections where the democrat was simply beat.  Its understandable of these ideas, but are these accurate stories?  Obvious to some Yes, but the great majority, no.  Some would argue we the public are sheep, just dumb and being led, which I do agree with to the most part, but some things do happen they way they are reported.  We either choose to accept or reject based upon trusted 1st hand information with others, or whatever the reason is.  Will we ever know with 100% accuracy, doubt it, but does it really matter at the end of day?  Its what you believe in!  Hmmmm reminds me of something else about having faith in something.........You either choose or not choose. 

Damn well put.

I still do not believe OBL was killed in 2011. I believe he died in 2006, as I was told by several different people, of typhoid and the president took a calculated risk in declaring we killed OBL. I have wondered why there was no body, no pictures of the body or anything else for the public to see. He was our country's greatest villain and his body was just dumped into the sea, I don't believe it. Can't tell me there wasn't at least one person who took a picture before they dumped him overboard. There is even a post by someone else long before 2011 stating the same thing, OBL died in 2006 from typhoid.

Remember, this was right before the president's run for reelection.

And above all else I hope OBL is in fact dead, regardless from what, because if he isn't it would be very, very bad for the US and our allies. Imagine

the support he would get if he suddenly appeared in the public spotlight saying he has risen from the dead after the infidels killed him. All Muslims would follow him unconditionally thinking he is the next great prophet and we would be the enemy. 

In the end I do believe OBL is dead but I do not believe he died the way we have been told.

How do you reconcile your theory with the fact that there were parts of the helicopter that crash landed recovered by the Pakistani government?

How could he have been dead since 2006 and not a peep leaked by the prior administration?  The death of OBL would have been too big for anybody to hide.

Perhaps the prior administration didn't want to take the chance and say he was dead. Waiting to make sure he did die of typhoid would not hurt anything while jumping at it immediately and being wrong could be very, very harmful.

As far as the helicopter parts could be several reasons for that. One, they could be on a mission to grab someone else or, like a lot of things, saying that parts were found could be misinformation to support another lie by this administration.

Just saying I was personally told by two separate people OBL died of typhoid in 2006. I was old once while I was in a remote region of north eastern Afghanistan and later while in the capital. Believe it or not but I do believe he was already dead in 2007.

I'll echo a "Well Said"  TMF. Thank you.

Richard Marcinko came to mind when I first heard of this.

I appreciate the service of all of our Vets and hold them all in highest regards.

I can't understand why a person would choose to go public on this. As Dolomite mentioned...there will forever be a price on his head.

I was a Squid a long time ago. I've known, and in civilian guise trained with (as classmates) several folks from the community, not just Naval. To a tee, they were humble professionals and never went into any operational details of their past exploits.

This is just a puzzling situation to me. But I confess that I haven't spent very much time or effort to research any of this.

Can't tell me there wasn't at least one person who took a picture before they dumped him overboard. There is even a post by someone else long before 2011 stating the same thing, OBL died in 2006 from typhoid.

I would guess that most of the people around the body and on the Carl Vinson weren’t planning on writing books and were told not to take pictures. It is my understanding most of the crew didn’t even know the burial at sea was taking place.

It is also my understanding that photos do exist, but that the body was pretty shot up. What’s this guy say about that?

My opinion is that if Osama wasn’t the one killed our enemies would have been quick to point that out, or if he had died previously they would offer proof of that to take the thunder away from the U.S. They have cameras and video also.

You have thousands of active followers of OBL, and probably millions rooting and funding for him, so there is plenty of reason for his people to keep his death from typhoid hidden. Had they made that public it would have taken a lot of moral away from those fighting for him as well as stopped the cash flow from his supporters.

What guy you talking about? If you are talking about the two guys I talked to about all of this I haven't spoke to them since I left contracting.

I just don't believe OBL died in 2011.

Another funny thing is after 2006 there were no new videos of OBL, well a couple in 2007 but those were likely recorded well in advance like most of his videos. There are audio tapes claiming to be him but no more videos, a medium he did use regularly. From the beginning he used videos regularly then they all stopped well before 2011.

You have thousands of active followers of OBL, and probably millions rooting and funding for him, so there is plenty of reason for his people to keep his death from typhoid hidden. Had they made that public it would have taken a lot of moral away from those fighting for him as well as stopped the cash flow from his supporters.

What guy you talking about? If you are talking about the two guys I talked to about all of this I haven't spoke to them since I left contracting.

I just don't believe OBL died in 2011.

Another funny thing is after 2006 there were no new videos of OBL, well a couple in 2007 but those were likely recorded well in advance like most of his videos. There are audio tapes claiming to be him but no more videos, a medium he did use regularly. From the beginning he used videos regularly then they all stopped well before 2011.

The reason he stopped all electronic communications is because of leaks that we were tracking him electronically.  The same type of leaks that some think have no consequences. 

Even though he had been in hiding for close to a decade he was still communicating, just not electronically, so sending a video along with a message would have been no more risky. After 2006-2007 there were no more videos and I think the lack of videos is a crucial piece of evidence.

I just do not believe OBL was killed that night.

if it was not OBL killed it the raid why wouldn't the Taliban make that claim?   If he OBL did die in 2006 why wouldn't they just keep on with the coverup of it?

They should have brought him back to port and hung his corpse from a yardarm.

• 2 months later...

I'm not saying yes or no to the basic question here, that of when.

I will admit to a strong desire to have seen photos of the body.

In these days of bloody, body rending, entrails flinging movies; I can't see many people in the non-Muslim world being squeamish about a bullet-riddled corpse.

Yes, maybe it was decided not to aggrandize OBL any further in the eyes of the Muslim world, but it sure would have drawn much favor with the rest of us.