Don't Forget LEO This Christmas

runco

My church is buying all local LEO in my town fruit baskets for Christmas.  It may not be much, but we are thinking about them this Christmas.  First time we have done this.  Many LEO are getting a bad rap based upon recent events, we want them to know we supporting them this season.  I know of other churches in Knoxville and surrounding areas doing the same this year, it appears to be coordinated, but may be just coincidental.  If your local churches or civic groups are not supporting, you might want to consider supporting one or more as well, or drop hints to your church, civic groups, etc.  Or simply tell a LEO thank you!

BTW, thank you LEO for what you do every day!  Merry Christmas!

• Like 9

Nice move- LEO's are feeling pretty hated at the moment as evidenced by this letter.

By Lt Daniel Furseth, DeForest, Wisconsin Police Department

Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world.

They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid.” I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn’t catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know.

Nevertheless, we are just another tool used by government to generate “revenue.” I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us.

And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, “Its just part of the job.” I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government.” We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn.

We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted badge-wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady’s tire. I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.

If a crime isn’t solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” are not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys.” We are “militarized” because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?”

To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexually promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help. Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.

http://nycfirewire.com/today-i-stopped-caring/

Sounds like that LEO needs to quit. If it takes putting the uniform back on the next day to care again then he's simply doing it for a paycheck. That's called burn-out.

He's making a satirical point. If that's the perception LE is feeling, the pols have gotten to them as well as all things not lib. When will we stop this madness? When are pitch forks going to be brought out. 

Boehner the closet lib just told America that we don't know what we want by funding the illegal amnesty dictate. 1000 people are in process of starting their jobs in Crystal City to legalize them. 

Think this will change in January? I don't 

Think it'll change in 2016, me, not so much. 

I'm tired of the misery the libs feel and inflict on us, it's pathetic and I believe they have proven they are not to be trusted to run anything, not a single program, school, city council nothing. 

Their the cancer of this country and are using us as the sacrificial anode, once they destroy all that is good they will self destruct but hey, they didn't go without trying.

K, I feel better!

• 2 weeks later...

I was very serious about remembering your local law enforcement officers this Christmas week.  After reading stories like below, I envy their courage, dedication, and their caring, but I do not envy their job based upon events like today.  Just doing their job, and gunned down for nothing but wearing the uniform.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/84301-2-nypd-officers-shot-killed-in-ambush-on-cop-car/

Edited by Runco
  • Like 2
My wife and I attend the local neighborhood association meetings. At each meeting, a representative from the area station attends and give us a report on the crime in our area.

I try and make it a point to talk to and thank each one that attends.

Reactions vary. Some have been surprised. Some seem humbled and just say something like "I'm just doing my job."

But I try to get to every one.
  • Like 1

My church is buying all local LEO in my town fruit baskets for Christmas.  It may not be much, but we are thinking about them this Christmas.  First time we have done this.  Many LEO are getting a bad rap based upon recent events, we want them to know we supporting them this season.  I know of other churches in Knoxville and surrounding areas doing the same this year, it appears to be coordinated, but may be just coincidental.  If your local churches or civic groups are not supporting, you might want to consider supporting one or more as well, or drop hints to your church, civic groups, etc.  Or simply tell a LEO thank you!

BTW, thank you LEO for what you do every day!  Merry Christmas!

Those in your town have been extraordinarily busy the last few months, hauling all those teachers to jail.  They deserve a break, and a fruit basket.  Maybe a small bottle of Wild Turkey in the bottom of the basket.

• Like 1

Those in your town have been extraordinarily busy the last few months, hauling all those teachers to jail.  They deserve a break, and a fruit basket.  Maybe a small bottle of Wild Turkey in the bottom of the basket.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Actually, that is pretty good!  Its actually been the county from my understanding, and the last one was Loudon Co. 

BTW, we extended this to the fire dept and city workers too.