Shopper tackles man with gun at Wal-Mart

Looks like to me the guy that took his gun from him could get in just as much trouble ... Theft of a firearm ...

I can understand security securing the gun, all they knew was there was some scuffle and a gun was involved. I hope when they knew the man had a permit and was the one attacked they would return his gun. I know some have implied that Wal Mart doesn't owe the man an apology but I still believe, and if it were my store just for courtousy to the man I would tell him I was sorry he had a tramatic experience by being assualted in my store and show him he's a valuable customer, and also let it be clear that I don't condone in any way any vigilante comitting physical assaults in my store. I would sure try my best to bring any charges I could against the attacker for endangering my customers and employees. He definatly would be banned for life from my store, if found on my stores property he would be charged with tresspassing.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1

After watching the video the thing that gets me is how violently the victim was thrown to the floor. Speaking as a 63 year old with a pretty nasty back problem I don't think I would be able to get up from that. I'd probably be taking an ambulance ride to the ER. 

As far as the taking of the gun I feel that I have a responsibility to not allow anyone to take my gun and possibly do harm to me or someone else. So to me it's a miracle that no one got shot.

• Like 1

I’m not being nonchalant; he suffered a brutal attack. The only person I see “piling on” him is his attacker, the second guy gets the gun, a third guy appears to be holding his arm. The second guy appears to be asking them what happened before the video stops. The same thing cops would do if they arrived.

The guy is 62 years old, I commended the bystanders for getting involved before he got hurt worse or the guy got his gun and killed him. Most onlookers would have been too scared to act.

Blaming Wal-Mart or the concerned citizens that acted only takes away from what happened and the person responsible. He attacked a man for no reason other than he had a gun; he should do jail time.

They weren't cops, Dave. That's a mighty big difference. They also didn't know what was going on but decided to hold a 62 year old man to the ground and take his property. And they weren't under threat because the 62 year old wasn't doing anything to them like aiming his gun at them. Not knowing what's going on doesn't entitle you to act first and ask questions later.

• Like 1

After watching the video the thing that gets me is how violently the victim was thrown to the floor. Speaking as a 63 year old with a pretty nasty back problem I don't think I would be able to get up from that. I'd probably be taking an ambulance ride to the ER. 

As far as the taking of the gun I feel that I have a responsibility to not allow anyone to take my gun and possibly do harm to me or someone else. So to me it's a miracle that no one got shot.

Unless they are in uniform and i'm sure they are a LEO, I will do whatever I have to do to retain my weapon. An assualt along with trying to take my weapon is a threat to my life. They have to show that they are a city, county, or state LEO and not just claim they are. Many criminals have claimed they were a cop to get their victim to comply before they rob, assualt, or murder them.

I wish the assualt victim would have laid there and claimed injury, not to sue Walmart, but to make sure the criminal attacker was charged with a felony assualt instead of a misdomenor assualt, and also have extra ammo for a future civil case against the attacker.

• Like 1

I just did a good bit or reading over on the Facebook page. I literally could not believe what I was reading.

Do these idiots not realize how hypocritical they are with advocating violence against the armed guy? I've never seen so much hatred toward gun owners.