Shopper tackles man with gun at Wal-Mart

. . .and now we have video!

http://tbo.com/news/crime/deputies-man-attacks-walmart-customer-carrying-concealed-weapon-20150120/

The really scary part is that they held the gentleman down, disarmed him, and then passed the loaded gun around like a hot potato!

That video wont load for me for some reason but I have seen it on youtube. I can somewhat understand someone taking charge of the gun during the attack until they knew what was going on but Walmart needs to make it right for the victim now, apologize for what is definatly a tramatic experience for him and offer a decent peace offering. If it were my store, I would offer him a free rifle or shotgun of his choice as an apology for his experience, AND also to send a message and to spite and really piss off these freedom hating Bloomberg loving liberal leftest anti-gun terrorists. I believe, and maybe Oh Shoot might know that Walmart can also bring charges against the attacker also, what i'm not sure but they should be able to bring charges for something.

We should start a email writing campaign to Walmart, I know i can't use the language in a letter to Walmart corperate HQ like I used here, mainly the name calling but we are all friends here and i'm just conveying how pissed off I am about this. Walmart needs to know THEY need to take a stand against this kind of criminal idiocy.

What about a letter like this?

P.S. I can't find who to email at Walmart, it's like they don't want to to email them.

To the corporate management of Wal-Mart:

I am writing this letter concerning the recent incident at a Wal-Mart store in Florida where a law abiding 62 year old citizen with a valid Florida handgun carry license was unjustifiably, physically, criminally assaulted by what is obviously a political vigilante. While I understand security taking charge of the handgun until they knew what was going on, I and many I have talked to feel it would be a decent and courteous gesture from Wal-Mart to apologize to the victim of the attack for his traumatic experience he had at that Wal-Mart store even though Wal-Mart is not to blame for the random criminal act of a political activist. Personally I think it would also be a decent and courteous gesture to offer the victim a gift card of a decent amount. I and many believe that Wal-Mart should send a message to their customers that this sort of criminal political vigilantism will not be tolerated and Wal-Mart should also file whatever charges against the attacker that Florida law will allow.

I am a frequent shopper at Wal-Mart because of the lower prices on items and the variety of items and services at Wal-Mart stores along with the courteous service from the associates, I sincerely hope Wal-Mart addresses this unfortunate incident with a clear message that Wal-Mart will not tolerate criminal vigilantism.

Thank You:

Name

City/state

Edited by K191145
Yea right, two guys are involved in a fight (no one knows why) let’s leave one of them in possession of a gun. That would be stupid whether its Walmart security, the cops, or citizens stopping the fight.

Wal-Mart has nothing to apologize for other than a common courtesy apology that the man was the victim of a crime.

It also isn’t up to Wal-Mart to press charges; it’s up to the victim. He has done that and the attacker was taken to jail. That is all that can be done.

I hate to see businesses get caught up in the gun issues; they can’t win either way. Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 2
  • Authorized Vendor

You should look at some of the Facebook pages for the anti gun groups, particularly Moms Demand Action. They don't give ONE HOOT about your constitutional rights and would gladly see all guns magically disappear. Some of them have gone as far as to wish us and our children dead.

These people are like moooslims....they can't be reasoned with. I feel the same about them as I do about all those religion of peace assholes.

This is the exact reason I have been searching for ever for a shoulder holster I want and have not been able to find one in over three years of looking. I really want a tuxedo style cross my back shoulder to shoulder style with a vertical drop but all I have found is horizontal insert holsters............

Andrews Leather
  • Like 1

Those facebook posts are disturbing. They want to disarm their fellow citizens, while at the same time supporting someone attacking a citizen exercising his constitutional and legal rights. I'd hate to see what this country would look like if they were in charge. 

What does Walmart have to do with this and why should they have letters written?  They are not to blame for this nutcase attacking the guy, even if it was inside their doors.

This.

DaveTN

Wal-Mart has nothing to apologize for other than a common courtesy apology that the man was the victim of a crime.

It would be a message to the public that Walmart will not tolerate or condone criminal attacks in their stores and they should be able to charge the attacker for comitting a criminal assualt on their property.

Edited by K191145
I can barely fathom the stupidity it takes for this dimwit to see a senior citizen with a HOLSTERED handgun and the only scenario his tiny little brain can imagine is that a black guy with a gun is about to shoot up the place, must save the day.

So many things wrong with this picture that could be avoided even by watching mainstream news. First, the chances of a black gunman shooting up a Walmart is slim...only drugged up white guys and Muslims would do that. Second, bad guys don't wear holsters...duh! Third, with all the anti-gun hate we see daily, how can you not be aware of the concept that legally armed citizens are out there?

As for Walmart, a big lawsuit or a bunch of pestering letters from either side would be most easily remedied buy posting their stores. So, here's to hoping they don't get flooded with letters from either side and that the victim doesn't sue them (crazier suits have sues and won). I'm not a fan of Walmart, but it's not because of them, I respect their business model and admire their success. It's their clientele that I hate rubbing paint and elbows with.
  • Like 1

I can barely fathom the stupidity it takes for this dimwit to see a senior citizen with a HOLSTERED handgun and the only scenario his tiny little brain can imagine is that a black guy with a gun is about to shoot up the place, must save the day.

So many things wrong with this picture that could be avoided even by watching mainstream news. First, the chances of a black gunman shooting up a Walmart is slim...only drugged up white guys and Muslims would do that. Second, bad guys don't wear holsters...duh! Third, with all the anti-gun hate we see daily, how can you not be aware of the concept that legally armed citizens are out there?

As for Walmart, a big lawsuit or a bunch of pestering letters from either side would be most easily remedied buy posting their stores. So, here's to hoping they don't get flooded with letters from either side and that the victim doesn't sue them (crazier suits have sues and won). I'm not a fan of Walmart, but it's not because of them, I respect their business model and admire their success. It's their clientele that I hate rubbing paint and elbows with.

A doubt if Walmart will ever post their stores, I really believe they know how much business they would loose and corperate CEO's don not want to loose revenue. We let too much crap go, the "Oh Well" attitude. A polite letter is a fairly tame way to fight back.

Those facebook posts are disturbing. They want to disarm their fellow citizens, while at the same time supporting someone attacking a citizen exercising his constitutional and legal rights. I'd hate to see what this country would look like if they were in charge. 

They are in charge of the White House.

• Like 1

I'm not a big guy nor do I know BJJ... but I was a high school wrestler and I've found that comes back quickly.  Had I gotten loose from the choke hold, it would've been game on in full Ralphie mode...  :)

Ralphie.gif

But you are not a 62 year-old man.

By which I mean this a-hole would probably not have dared start something with someone who looked like they could physically pose a challenge. Probably the kind who beats his wife and small children.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

That is different than, "see something, do something". Maybe this guy misunderstood. :)

He just didn't get the type of "15 mins of fame" he was thinking...

Well I would hope he gets some fame in a Florida county jail for a little while but he probably wont. If he's convicted of a FELONY charge I would love to be the judge to tell him, Oh by the way, you can never legally own or possess a firearm, you have forfieted that right by your criminal actions.