Best Pranks

poak

Ok, so this was inspired by a conversation I had with some co-workers this morning...

Whats the best prank you've ever pulled?

During my short stay at UT-Knox, dorm life led to some great prank wars. One of the best I ever pulled was an idea that was passed on to me by an ROTC friend that was at Texas A&M. The legendary "Piss Puck".

1.)Fill Smokeless tobacco canister with urine.

2.)Freeze.

3.)Drop frozen "puck" in front of your adversary's door when he isn't around.

4.)Kick underneath door.

5.)Enjoy result of adversary wondering how a puddle of piss got into the middle of the floor of his locked room.

Ah yes, psychological warfare at its finest.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

I don't think I've ever done anything really ingenious, but I can tell you one of my favorites.

Back when I worked for Dick's Sporting Goods, my friend Dan and I decided to put one over on our manager. I dutifully drained a couple bottles of Killian's at home in preparation for this stunt. I then refilled both bottles with water, and secured the twist-top caps back on. Next day, they went to work with me.

We then proceeded to convince Lee (manager) to split a pizza with us for lunch. Pizza gets ordered, arrives, and Dan and I retire to the break room, break out our "beers", and then page Lee to let him know the pizza was there. When he arrived, he observed the two of us sitting casually at the table sipping on our "beers."

The best part was that he didn't even notice right away. He comes in, talking casually, and walked behind me to get his slices of pizza. He was standing right beside me, and I could tell exactly when he realized what we were drinking, because he completely froze. I took advantage of his momentary disbelief by taking a particularly large swig of my drink.

It actually got better from there. Once Lee had convinced himself that the bottle really were full of water, he had us go sit in the store manager's office with the bottles on the desk. Then he paged that guy to come back to the office, so we got one over on him, too.

Obviously, the work environment there was pretty casual. I'm sure there are plenty of places where I could have gotten fired for even pretending to drink at work.

:P

Nice one, Gutter!

That reminds me of a prank I pulled when I was working at a deli in high school...

We had one particularly nervous manager, so my buddy and I (both 15 at the time), decided to pull a prank on her.

First we found an old dull kitchen knife, which we took out back and snapped several inches off the blade. Next we mixed corn syrup and red food coloring to an appropriate ratio to make fake blood. We then waited for the store to close. The managers office had to be passed on the way to the dishroom from the deli. When the doors closed, all of the dirty items from the deli (salad mixing bowls, plastic containers, cutting boards, and of course KNIVES) were placed on a cart, and rolled back to the dish room. My buddy grabbed the cart, and began pushing it past the office (where the manager was counting the cash drawer w/ the door open), he then flipped the cart over on it's side, and I quickly jumped on the ground next to the mess clenching the shortened knife in a way as to make it look as it was protruding from my neck. Keep in mind I have fake blood ALL OVER my neck, hand, and knife. The manager stuck her out out to see what was going on as my buddy feigned panic with "Oh GOD NO!".

Luckily we stopped her before the 911 call was made, but boy was that look on her face sooooo worth all the effort and preparation.

Guest GUTTERbOY

As a sort of corollary, I'll tell of a prank that got pulled on me.

Back when I was in college, I did the NROTC thing, though I didn't end up commissioning. Part of NROTC is doing summer cruises, where you spend time in the fleet. Part of summer cruises is having the real sailors and officers screw with the stupid midshipmen.

Before I went on cruise, I thought I had covered the bases. I had heard of the more common pranks. I thought I was ready.

Nope.

One day about three weeks in, I and a couple other mids were shadowing a CWO. This particular day, we were about to get underway, so we went down to the forward MMR (main machinery room) to watch the boiler get lit off. Kind of cool stuff, you know.

Anyway, after watching that and getting a short tour, the CWO casually inquired as to whether we'd seen the new "steam blanket". For some reason, I was not suspicious of this at all, despite having already taken a course on naval engineering. You'd think I would have known that there was no such thing. Alas, but this was not so. We had indeed not seen the new steam blanket. Well, it turned out they needed it down in the forward MMR anyway. So CWO sent us to the after MMR to fetch it up and bring it back.

I should mention at this point that, in order to go from one MMR to the other, one must climb up about four decks and than back down. Up we go, down we go, to the after MMR. Talked to the POs on duty there, yep, they had the steam blanket for us. One guy disappears and comes back with what looks to me like some fiberglass matting. Huh, OK. At this point, my suspicions are beginning to form, but we're already in too deep at this point.

Up we go, and back down to the forward MMR. We present the "steam blanket" to the POs, but the CWO is nowhere to be found. Seems he headed back to the E div office. (back up about six decks, BTW) At this point, my alarm bells are going off. This is confirmed when a PO breaks out a camera and insists on taking a photo of the mids and their "steam blanket".

*sigh*

We then dutifully climbed back up and found the CWO in the office, where everyone got a good laugh at our expense.

Guest bkelm18
As a sort of corollary, I'll tell of a prank that got pulled on me.

Back when I was in college, I did the NROTC thing, though I didn't end up commissioning. Part of NROTC is doing summer cruises, where you spend time in the fleet. Part of summer cruises is having the real sailors and officers screw with the stupid midshipmen.

Before I went on cruise, I thought I had covered the bases. I had heard of the more common pranks. I thought I was ready.

Nope.

One day about three weeks in, I and a couple other mids were shadowing a CWO. This particular day, we were about to get underway, so we went down to the forward MMR (main machinery room) to watch the boiler get lit off. Kind of cool stuff, you know.

Anyway, after watching that and getting a short tour, the CWO casually inquired as to whether we'd seen the new "steam blanket". For some reason, I was not suspicious of this at all, despite having already taken a course on naval engineering. You'd think I would have known that there was no such thing. Alas, but this was not so. We had indeed not seen the new steam blanket. Well, it turned out they needed it down in the forward MMR anyway. So CWO sent us to the after MMR to fetch it up and bring it back.

I should mention at this point that, in order to go from one MMR to the other, one must climb up about four decks and than back down. Up we go, down we go, to the after MMR. Talked to the POs on duty there, yep, they had the steam blanket for us. One guy disappears and comes back with what looks to me like some fiberglass matting. Huh, OK. At this point, my suspicions are beginning to form, but we're already in too deep at this point.

Up we go, and back down to the forward MMR. We present the "steam blanket" to the POs, but the CWO is nowhere to be found. Seems he headed back to the E div office. (back up about six decks, BTW) At this point, my alarm bells are going off. This is confirmed when a PO breaks out a camera and insists on taking a photo of the mids and their "steam blanket".

*sigh*

We then dutifully climbed back up and found the CWO in the office, where everyone got a good laugh at our expense.

Ahahahahahahaha. I've seen the steam blanket prank pulled a couple times. Priceless every time. :P

back in the golf days... Assistant pros tend to think they are fair haired pretty boys and above following rules. Nor do they seem to care if they make work for bag attendants. They all seem pretty good at leaving their bags out and about in the bag room instead of stored. I would tell them and warn them that bags should NOT be left out for the boys to work around or trip over. Once warnings were issued I would look the other way if bag staff decided it was time to retaliate.

My personal favorite prank was to remove the grip off of 7 iron or pitching wedge. Of course this was not discovered until the club was needed on the course. Another was to fill the gold bag with range balls. Not the ball pocket mind you but the entire area where clubs are normally placed. It is impossible to get you clubs out without removing the balls first. Typically the pretty boy assistant pro would not find out until he was ready to tee off. Of course they always expected the bag staff to load up their bags on a cart.

After a dose of this medicine they followed the rules.

Ahh the good old days...

Guest GUTTERbOY
Steam Blankets, Relative Bearing grease, Mailbag watch, BT punches...

See, I was prepared for the relative bearing grease, or the mailbag watch, or the infamous ID-10-T form... but the steam blanket just squeezed past my BS meter.

:rofl:

Guest coldblackwind

The best one I ever pulled is amazingly simple. I was sitting on the couch, with a view of the neighbors through my parents sunroom window, and I watched the neighbor girls boyfriend getting dropped off by his parents...in a big black suburban. So calm as could be, I said to my dad (on the other couch, without a view of the window) huh, ATF. I've never seen him move that fast! He looked like he saw a ghost, ran to the window, saw that big black suburban, and about 15 seconds later, figured out who it was. He was not happy with me.... :rofl:

Requires answering machine on landline. Call someone you know and start to leave message. Have person with you pick up your spare line .

You Who is this?

Buddy Tim

Is (homeowner) there?

Do not see any one here

How do you know them?

I dont I lived here a while ago and had the key ,sure it is ok with them.

Have fridge door open/toilet flush.

I do not think they would want you in their house .

Really I doubt they would care. and then your buddy hangs up your phone.

Then you hang up.

Person comes home hits answer button and S**T his fan

Guest Astra900

This one is pretty nasty, but it's really funny, learned it from my uncle. Go to the goodwill and buy a nice looking little purse/pocket book. Stop by a good mexican food joint on the way back and get your fill. Here's where it get's nasty. Take a big ole' country corn cob sh1t in the purse and lay a dollar bill over it. When no one is watching, leave the pocket book in a parking lot somewhere. Hide in the bushes and wait. :rofl::):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guest bkelm18
This one is pretty nasty, but it's really funny, learned it from my uncle. Go to the goodwill and buy a nice looking little purse/pocket book. Stop by a good mexican food joint on the way back and get your fill. Here's where it get's nasty. Take a big ole' country corn cob sh1t in the purse and lay a dollar bill over it. When no one is watching, leave the pocket book in a parking lot somewhere. Hide in the bushes and wait. :rofl::):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:ugh:

Good for the millitary or civilian airport employee.

It requires 1 new hire, 1 good trainer(that's me) and some cooperation of other airlines. Then, you send the poor schleb on endless searches for "flight-line", "bin-stretchers", "prop-wash" and the ultimate, give hime an empty trash bag or styrofoam cup, sit him in the passanger seat of a tug, drive around, then tell him he must acquire an "air" sample first-thing in the morning and turn it in to the most senior captain.

Part 2: Find old keys from home, bring them to work, and tell the new kid that he has to distribute them properly among the planes first thing in the morning, then let the pilots have their way with the poor bastard.

We always break in the new guy's with the wire stretcher, had one noob running around for 3 hrs looking for the wire stretcher.

Now the joke was on me the last time, I sent my son for the wire stretcher, he came back with a piece of wire stripping tool and connectors.:rofl:

We always break in the new guy's with the wire stretcher, had one noob running around for 3 hrs looking for the wire stretcher.

Now the joke was on me the last time, I sent my son for the wire stretcher, he came back with a piece of wire stripping tool and connectors.:rofl:

We used to send new guys out in the field over to the other gun crews to borrow their ST 1 K.

Guest bkelm18
We'd send new guys on tour looking for a left handed hammer or crescent wrench... Even got one poor fellow to go "get me a bucket of steam" for the fog machine... He tried for over an hour. :)

Not really a prank, but more an observation on the dimwittedness of the aircrew on my ship. Some of them thought the steam that we use on the ship to drive the main engine turbines and the electric generator turbines was brought onboard in 55gal drums. :rofl:

Years ago we used to live way back in a holler in Meigs Co.We lived in an old house withe no electric heat so my brother and I slept in the living room next to the kitchen which had the wood stove.Our bath room had no door only a blanket nailed up.One night my brother gets up to go crap and I slip out of my bed and go to the stove and get a kindling stick, get it hot and glowing and when my brother comes out of the bathroom I crouch down like an animal and with the stick amble toward him grunting.He jumps back in the bathroom and I can't hold it any longer and bust out laughing.

Prank 1:

I bought a big roll of yellow "Crime Scene - Do Not Cross" off E-Bay (you can find anything there) and wrapped my friends house while they were on vacation. For extra effect, my wife laid down on the carport and I traced her outline with chalk.

Prank 2:

I do this every year on April Fools day, and now most people are onto me, but I still get some of the newbies. We all carry text pagers at my job. I send an anonymous page for the victim to reply to an urgent call from some person at some number. Here are a few of the people and numbers I give...

Liz Onya - Fazolies restaurant

Lon Moore - Lawn Maintenance service / Mower sales & repair

Mr. Lyon or Ms. Byrd - Knoxville Zoo (they got really mad the first year I used them, and now if you call on April 1, you get a recording that you may have gotten scammed. That joke keeps on giving to me)

If you don't have pagers, then some of those "While you were out messsage pads work good too.

• 1 month later...
Guest GUTTERbOY

Just remembered another favorite of mine. I used to work for Outback Steakhouse. Our kitchen manager was a guy named John who was just waaaaaay too much fun to screw with. On top of that, he had the nasty habit of just leaving his chef coat at work instead of taking it home with him.

Seriously, don't leave personal stuff at work where people can screw with it. The standard procedure for dealing with any personal property left at work was to freeze it. Generally, you'd take a full lexan, fill it with water, figure out a way to suspend the item in the water, and stash it in the freezer. Now for thse of you unfamiliar, a full lexan is a storage container about 24"x48"x12" deep. Which translates to a serious block of ice.

Anyway, back to the real story. We'd already frozen John's chef coat a few times, so it was decided that we needed to step it up a notch. Accordingly, at the end of my shift that day, I drove home, tossed my climbing tree stand in the back of the car, returned to work, and proceeded to hang John's coat about thirty feet up one of the pines at the edge of the lot.

Man, you should have seen the look on his face when he saw it up there, trying to figure out how the hell we did that.

:D

Prank 1:

I bought a big roll of yellow "Crime Scene - Do Not Cross" off E-Bay (you can find anything there) and wrapped my friends house while they were on vacation. For extra effect, my wife laid down on the carport and I traced her outline with chalk.

Prank 2:

I do this every year on April Fools day, and now most people are onto me, but I still get some of the newbies. We all carry text pagers at my job. I send an anonymous page for the victim to reply to an urgent call from some person at some number. Here are a few of the people and numbers I give...

Liz Onya - Fazolies restaurant

Lon Moore - Lawn Maintenance service / Mower sales & repair

Mr. Lyon or Ms. Byrd - Knoxville Zoo (they got really mad the first year I used them, and now if you call on April 1, you get a recording that you may have gotten scammed. That joke keeps on giving to me)

If you don't have pagers, then some of those "While you were out messsage pads work good too.

Many years ago, at our work we had a note for a co-worker to call the zoo and speak to Miss Ella Faunt.