9mm for self defense

Guest jth_3s

Just wanted to see what some people thought about a Glock 26 for self defense. This is my daily carry gun but im worried about its stopping power and Im considering upgrading to a .40 or .45. What Calibers do you carry?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Ah, another caliber debate. What fun. I carry a 9mm and have absolutely no doubts about its stopping power. A good 9mm JHP will have pretty much the same stopping percentages as a .45ACP.

Ah, another caliber debate. What fun. I carry a 9mm and have absolutely no doubts about its stopping power. A good 9mm JHP will have pretty much the same stopping percentages as a .45ACP.

Shouldn't someone be posting the obligatory link to the FBI's Ballastics Report?

Just wanted to see what some people thought about a Glock 26 for self defense.

I think there are better choices. But that’s just my opinion. Besides that… it’s election day man… celebrate by buying an American made handgun. :P

This is my daily carry gun but im worried about its stopping power and Im considering upgrading to a .40 or .45.

Something has caused you concern, so why would you not want to “upgrade�

What Calibers do you carry?

.40S&W, .357Mag, and .45ACP

Only one at a time though. I only carry one gun at a time. :D

I think there are better choices. But that’s just my opinion. Besides that… it’s election day man… celebrate by buying an American made handgun. :P

Something has caused you concern, so why would you not want to “upgrade”?

.40S&W, .357Mag, and .45ACP

Only one at a time though. I only carry one gun at a time. :D

Without saying anything PETA can use to prosecute me I had an animal problem and after four rounds the G26 did not stop an animal from jumping into my truck and dying in my floorboard

Edit: Animal was killing our chickens

Edited by jth_3s
Guest bkelm18
Without saying anything PETA can use to prosecute me I had an animal problem and after four rounds the G26 did not stop an animal from jumping into my truck and dying in my floorboard

Well, two things to keep in mind, animals are not humans, and aim better. :P

That's because Glocks only target the gluteus maximus area.

You need a different 9mm pistol for center of mass hits.

- OS

The "shot placement" guys will be along soon.

Oops... to late.

leaving.gif

Edited by DaveTN
Yea Shot Placement could have been better. I might need to invest in a good set of night sights.

If you ever need to shoot a person do you think you will have the time or the ability to use those sights?

Night sights are for finding your gun on the night stand. :P

Guest mikedwood

If you don't have a .45 I don't see how you are going to survive any kind of altercation.

Only kidding cause I carry a G26 myself, love it. I'm comfortable as I can be with it.

Guest VolGrad

Absolutely no issues whatsoever with a 9mm as a defensive weapon ... offensive weapon either for that matter. I personally don't like .40 at all just because I don't like the feel of them. I love a good .45 but don't feel it is a must as a BG killer.

Recall most of the sidearms our troops carry are 9mm. Not suggesting that makes it best ... just saying someone thought it was "enough".

Guest Astra900

I'm a .45 fan, just 'cause I like it, and I know it works. That's all.

God knows I'd hate to be shot 9mm, or a .22, or Red Rider for that friggin matter!:rolleyes:

My wife has an XD9. I feel comfortable leaving her with it.

You put any kind of lead on a guy, he'll change course. He may not stop totally, but he'll change some. That's why you fire and maneuver. Only a dumbass sticks around to do a ballistic analysis.

Guest truthsayer

Here's what I like about 9mm for carry... I can afford to shoot a lot of it. As a result, I'm more practiced, comfortable, and confident with my 9mm handguns than anything else.