ammo price near triples overnight

Guest Crunchman

Georgia Arms hasn't gone up in price, but they're running at least 2 weeks behind. I ordered for a group buy and the girl that took my order said there were 400+ orders ahead of mine.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted in another thread last night, our source for Golden Saber increased their wholesale prices on ammo earlier this week and then doubled it yesterday. We have been searching out a lower price, but it looks like most every distributor that handles it has done close to the same thing, even Cheaper Than Dirt has bumped their wholesale price of this ammo to about $23 a box.

We haven't seen any increase in ball ammo, it's actually been coming down a few dollars at a time recently, and if you've shot here you know that we've been dropping the price as well.

ammunitiontogo hasn't changed their prices as far as I can see...

I ended up finding that place, they were about 13 a box based on a 500 round order. I am not panic buying. I have been buying some ammo every other week when I have 60 bucks to spare. This was ammo buying week for me. The only thing different I did was go ahead and double up my normal order and got the 500 rounds pack. But mainly that was just to save a little money from the cost of buying single boxes. Just won't be looking for a couple of more weeks now.

I did get an email from ammunitiontogo that it would be mid next week before my order shipped due to the number of orders that have been placed lately. Definitely sounds like panic buying going on.

Maybe the gun show will have some inexpensive ammo. :screwy::rofl::D

I am not panic buying. I have been buying some ammo every other week when I have 60 bucks to spare.

Yeah, I've been doing the same thing. Every time I go to Wal Mart I try to pick up at least 100 rounds of .45 or 9mm.

Maybe the gun show will have some inexpensive ammo. :blush::rofl:;)

Now that's funny. I'm not sure if I'm going this weekend or not. If nothing else it ought to be good for some laughs.

I went to the Wal Mart in Gallatin, TN. To get some 9mm ammo. The cheapest price is $8.57 a box a of Blazer. It had been $8.99 a box 2 weeks ago. I bought 4 boxes. I also reload. But didn't have enough extra cash to go The Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet today. I need to buy 1000 projectiles and primers. So far including the 4 boxes of Blazer, I have about 1500 rounds. But would like triple that. gearyr

Maybe the gun show will have some inexpensive ammo. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, seriously, Georgia Arms will be there, and I just looked on their site, and 9mm ball is same price as it was at the Jacob's show, $97 / 500.

I didn't buy any last time, as Dicks was $80/500 at the time, but if they sell at the show for that, may get some this time. You do get metal ammo case with the 500 and 1000 round bulk sales. Then again, they may sell out before I get there for all I know.

- OS

I dunno what I am even looking for at the gun show. Maybe some lead bullets for reloading .38's. Last time though they screwed me out of 28 bullets. Guy must of had his thumb on the scale.

I am sure I will find something. I only go to two or three of them a year. Can't go every time.

A couple 1911 mags or a couple of .30 cal mags for the M1 might be nice if it is not rip off city.

for the heck of it I checked again today, it was 14 something bucks now for a box of fifty. Must have been a mistake on the 29 bucks.

My faith is restored in humanity

CTD retail store was feature on ABC news tonight, as example of being slammed with folks buying guns...

Also, the Golden Saber back down under $20/box, only couple bux higher than when I ordered 3 days ago.

Methinks they bumped everything, then got worried about greater harm of bad press that price gouging might incur.

One more aside, I got first box of order today, they left out a magazine, though invoice shows it was packed. I'd say that's an indication of just how harried all these places are right now.

I'll be, especially after the gun spot on the national news tonight, the Expo show tomorrow will have a line to get in...think I'll still go, just to see possible circus.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest superdrew4000

If anyone cares, I bought a few hundred packs of the WWB in .45 acp today, and it was the same price as it was when I started shooting it in August.

Mentioned this on another thread, but ya know ya gotta give Wally's a little credit with the ammo freakout: they've kept supply and price steady through all this so far. If they've been out of something, they're restocked in a day or three, and no increase in price.

- OS

Guest Traumaslave

Wally World already works on a 45-70% profit margin, they have no need to make a few extra bucks on ammo when it only amounts to less than 1% of their sales.

Wally World already works on a 45-70% profit margin, they have no need to make a few extra bucks on ammo when it only amounts to less than 1% of their sales.

"Need" has little to do with "greed" in most corporate philosophy.

"All the traffic will bear" is generally the norm.

- OS