Saw a Bumper Sticker the Other Day That Really Made Me Laugh

I have always preferred Theory of a Deadman over Nickleback. With that said, Social D bumper stick has been the only band to adorn any vehicle of mine. Well that's a lie, now that I think about it. I did have a dead head sticker once. :)

Was it on a Cadillac?
  • Like 2

Don't really see why a 'Nickelback' sticker would be funny.  I mean, yeah, they weren't (aren't?) the greatest band ever but I'd a heck of a lot rather listen to them than The White Stripes.  Talk about formulaic crap that all sounds the same and that all the 'critics' went ape-slat over.  For that matter, Rage Against the Machine got all sorts of critical acclaim some years back even though I, personally, thought their music blew goat.  Going back a 'few' years, RAT was another band that had a decent amount of success (in the late '80s) and whose songs all sounded pretty much the same.  Heck, for that matter, Def Leppard songs all started sounding pretty similar after the drummer lost his arm and, I suppose, became a little more limited in the 'beats' he could keep up.

I am not really a bumper sticker person.  I did have one on an old '78 Lebaron that read, "Peace through superior firepower" and one on a pickup I used to own that read, "If the North is so great then why don't you go back?" (because I got tired of so many Tellico Village people in Loudon talking about how much better they did this or that 'back home'.)

Edited by JAB

Don't really see why a 'Nickelback' sticker would be funny.  I mean, yeah, they weren't (aren't?) the greatest band ever but I'd a heck of a lot rather listen to them than The White Stripes.  Talk about formulaic crap that all sounds the same and that all the 'critics' went ape-slat over.  For that matter, Rage Against the Machine got all sorts of critical acclaim some years back even though I, personally, thought their music blew goat.  Going back a 'few' years, RAT was another band that had a decent amount of success (in the late '80s) and whose songs all sounded pretty much the same.  Heck, for that matter, Def Leppard songs all started sounding pretty similar after the drummer lost his arm and, I suppose, became a little more limited in the 'beats' he could keep up.

I am not really a bumper sticker person.  I did have one on an old '78 Lebaron that read, "Peace through superior firepower" and one on a pickup I used to own that read, "If the North is so great then why don't you go back?" (because I got tired of so many Tellico Village people in Loudon talking about how much better they did this or that 'back home'.)

I've seen Def Leppard live and trust me, Rick Allen has absolutely no problem playing everything he used to play. In fact he has stated that losing his arm has caused him to really improve his timing. For the record, their concerts are great. In fact, seeing them live made me like their music again, and possibly more.

Nickelback still sucks though.

I heard an interview with them on the radio where they said they were working on a new album and they were halfway through a new song when their producer came in and told them they had already recorded this song. They said, "We have?" He said, "Yea, it's on your second album."

What a bunch of dopes.
  • Like 2

I never understood the near vitriol with which some people hate Nickelback. I think their music is catchy and fun to listen to. Admittedly, many of their songs sound alike, but I didn't hold that against AC/DC or Metallica or Pink Floyd or a slew of others, so I son't hold it against them either. If you're a hater then hate or flame on or whatever you do, though...don't mind me. :hiding:

• Like 1

The best bumper stick I ever saw was on a Hummer (the real kind...not that H2 BS) at Knob Creek in 1994.  It said "When the rainforests are gone you can wipe your ass on spotted owl".  

I am sure I have posted this before, but whenever someone talks about stickers, its gets me to gigglin'.

I can appreciate any real artist that can really play an instrument and write a song that most folks will enjoy. The crap we are forced to listen to today that's comprised of samples of other peoples music just downright sucks azz.

I GOT THIS COMMENT! But the rest of the thread went over my head. 

I remember the band and that their music sucked.

I prefer political bumper stickers instead...and Joe Bonamassa ones.

I figured most of the guys here would be puzzled and think I was crazy. lol

Good to know I do have some contemporaries here.

The best bumper stick I ever saw was on a Hummer (the real kind...not that H2 BS) at Knob Creek in 1994.  It said "When the rainforests are gone you can wipe your ass on spotted owl".  

I am sure I have posted this before, but whenever someone talks about stickers, its gets me to gigglin'.

yeah, those guys who drive H1's really don't give a rats ass who they offend... :rofl:

I never understood the near vitriol with which some people hate Nickelback. I think their music is catchy and fun to listen to. Admittedly, many of their songs sound alike, but I didn't hold that against AC/DC or Metallica or Pink Floyd or a slew of others, so I son't hold it against them either. If you're a hater then hate or flame on or whatever you do, though...don't mind me. :hiding:

Nothing about there "music" does anything for me except make me want to turn the channel or the radio off. The same with AC/DC and Metallica, but Nickelback also leaves an adulterated feeling in my ears. To me it's not so much about them "ripping-off" other musicians, because most musicians to that to some degree, I just really don't enjoy Nickelback's music. In fact, when one of their songs hits the buzz, I reflexively turn off the radio, instinctively to avoid being subjected to music that sours my senses. I do the same to most modern country music, quite a bit or rap, as well as others. But in the rock genre, Nickelback is one band that I can't sit through more than a few seconds of their music.

3pm7ya.jpg

Nothing about there "music" does anything for me except make me want to turn the channel or the radio off. The same with AC/DC and Metallica, but Nickelback also leaves an adulterated feeling in my ears. To me it's not so much about them "ripping-off" other musicians, because most musicians to that to some degree, I just really don't enjoy Nickelback's music. In fact, when one of their songs hits the buzz, I reflexively turn off the radio, instinctively to avoid being subjected to music that sours my senses. I do the same to most modern country music, quite a bit or rap, as well as others. But in the rock genre, Nickelback is one band that I can't sit through more than a few seconds of their music.

I completely understand that their music may not appeal to someone's personal taste. That is very understandable and I get the same vibe when I hear Tool or Justin Bieber or One Direction or ICP. I just don't have the same knee-jerk sense of hatred that some have for Nickelback. I'm like you, I just change the channel or turn off the radio. Life's too short to waste energy hating anyone besides liberal politicians.

• Like 2

In fact, when one of their songs hits the buzz, I reflexively turn off the radio, instinctively to avoid being subjected to music that sours my senses. I do the same to most modern country music, quite a bit or rap, as well as others. But in the rock genre, Nickelback is one band that I can't sit through more than a few seconds of their music.

Back in the early 90s that is pretty much how I responded every time a Bob Seeger song came on the radio.  I never thought Seeger's music was all that great (I know, some of the 'classic rock' guys are verging on experiencing cerebral apoplexy right about now) and back then it seemed like every, other song on WIMZ (the only station halfway worth listening to in this area at the time) was Bob friggin' Seeger.  I solved the problem, though - I simply don't listen to broadcast radio all that often, any more.  MP3 players, the ability to 'burn' my own CDs and 'customizable' Internet radio channels have taken care of that.

• Like 1

Back in the early 90s that is pretty much how I responded every time a Bob Seeger song came on the radio.  I never thought Seeger's music was all that great (I know, some of the 'classic rock' guys are verging on experiencing cerebral apoplexy right about now) and back then it seemed like every, other song on WIMZ (the only station halfway worth listening to in this area at the time) was Bob friggin' Seeger.  I solved the problem, though - I simply don't listen to broadcast radio all that often, any more.  MP3 players, the ability to 'burn' my own CDs and 'customizable' Internet radio channels have taken care of that.

I always felt that way about Journey. Back when they were popular, the stations played the heck out of them. It always seemed to me the singer was crying through each song, and I couldn't stand it.

Now, I rarely listen to radio. I bought a stereo for my truck with a USB port on it. I loaded up a USB flash drive with about 300 albums, and I set the stereo to play random songs. It's like my own little radio station of just songs that I like, and never any stupid commercials.

• Like 2

I always felt that way about Journey. Back when they were popular, the stations played the heck out of them. It always seemed to me the singer was crying through each song, and I couldn't stand it.

Now, I rarely listen to radio. I bought a stereo for my truck with a USB port on it. I loaded up a USB flash drive with about 300 albums, and I set the stereo to play random songs. It's like my own little radio station of just songs that I like, and never any stupid commercials.

My truck is an '01, has over 200,000 miles on it and only has two speakers so not really 'worth' a new stereo.  However, I did buy a FM modulator that has a place to plug in a usb drive and I am planning to do pretty much the same thing.