Window tint on a truck

Best thing I ever did was rip the dang tint off all my Windows.
You ever try reversing a boat, down a steep ramp, at night, at an unlit launch site?

I have spent many years holding a steering wheel. I roll the windows down and use the side mirrors. Like they were intended for. Boat, car dolly, 28ft pup, 48ft dry van, 53ft dry van, it is all the same, bumper or fifth wheel.

Well I figured if I am ever out driving, riding, boating, towing, or whatever in terrible weather then a few seconds of rain or weather blowing in the window wasn't going to kill me.

Plus I weighed the chances of terrible weather blowing sideways in the window at the exact time I needed to back up a towed item in a dark area at night (pretty remote and only briefly) against the chances of me needing to keep the hot sun and curious thieves or snoops out of my truck (every day 24x7) and the tint went on and has stayed on.

How convenient for us lowly citizens to not have easy access to the laws we're supposed to obey.

As much as it be far fetched it isn't the gov's fault the company wants money for a product. You could always go to a library if they have the TCA and read them. The State of TN doesn't print them or send them out LexisNexis does and they charge money for the books and the yearly additions to keep updated.

I suppose I think that maybe the TN.gov site should have them all available. They are after all, the people who write them. In this day of self-publshing, surely they can figure that out how to make an e-book or PDF. I suppose it made sense back in ye-olden days to outsource the print publishing and let the publisher charge for their product, but not today.

Best thing I ever did was rip the dang tint off all my Windows.
You ever try reversing a boat, down a steep ramp, at night, at an unlit launch site?

Get one of those big arse LED light bars and wire it in to your reverse lights with a relay. 

I suppose next you will say that everyone should have the right to free Internet. Actually, I understand what you are saying and I do agree.

Not even close to the same thing.

The state writes the laws. They publish them in some way. LexisNexis (and others) collect that up and publish it for a fee. I had no problem with that when TN.gov printed books and LN digitized them and provided regular updates to their subscribers. That's a value added service and they should be paid for it. Today, the state has already digitized the law entries. There's no clerk in the bottom of the Snodgrass building with an old typewriter. Every part of this process is done on computers. Whatever the state is creating that LN and others are gathering to publish could just as easily be gathered and distributed via the TN.gov website. I'd just about bet dollars to donuts that the state distributes the whole shebang out in an XML file or similar. If they're still printing paper books, that should be stopped and the cost used to create a front-end for browsing the content.

Or make the raw file available on the website. I'd take that over no public access at all.

Back in my full-time LEO days I never harassed, nor had any friends who harassed over window tint. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you are involved in a serious motor vehicle collision it could hinder your case into proving your innocence.

Example: you pull out in front of a motorcycle and the rider dies. Preliminary investigation reveals your forward, front side windows are up and your tint is too dark at 15%. Luckily for the person investigators were able to determine that the motorcyclist was speeding an egregious amount.