What is your favorite gun or safe queen......got pics??

Guest billwilly73

Guest billwilly73

I mainly love long guns. The one that I have that is my favorite is a Winchester Mod 88 in .308 Manufactured in 1973. It is in about 98% and shoots great. What do yall like???

SANY1398.jpg?t=1226368737

Close-up of basket weave design

win882.jpg?t=1226372386

Edited by billwilly73
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Mine is a S&W 4506 that was my first auto. It is not a rare gun, easy to find, not terribly expensive. But to this day, it has only about 150 rds. It is 98% +. I love it. I refer to it as my 'first love!'

Next up, is the Marlin 336 levergun. My grandfather owned it since 1949. He gave it to my father on his 15th birthday (47 years ago). I got it on my 10th bday 27 years ago. My son will get it on his 10th in 4 years. But...she's no safe queen...she's scoped and ready to go to the woods with me this fall!

Good thread topic. Thanks for starting it.

Guest gcrookston

My favorite gun is the one my son carries when in harm's way. He's done 2 tours with the 3/2 Strykers, will do another next year under stop-loss.

Baqubah 2007

Mike.jpg

Ft Lewis after graduating from the Ft Benning Sniper school, 2006:

l_43b7b25d21a9e02897aab16e668e7cfe.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
My favorite gun is the one my son carries when in harm's way. He's done 2 tours with the 3/2 Strykers, will do another next year under stop-loss.

Baqubah 2007

Mike.jpg

Sorry to hear about tour number three. I never got hit by stop loss 'cause I keep re-upping, however a couple buddies have experinced the big green weenie.

I see your boy has an M24. Is he a sniper, or was that just a good photo op?

As to staying on topic for this thread.......My 870 Wingmaster in 20 that my father bought for me in 5th grade for making straight A's. I'v hunted with it for 20+ years and, except for wear on the action bars, it still looks like the day I got it. Of the 30+ guns I own, I will never, NEVER NEVER get rid of that gun.

Favorite gun i've ever owned would have definitely been my G3. Not the most accurate thing in the world but something about a semi auto .308 just lights up the soul.

Favorite gun i still own has to by my Springfield Champion Operator :usa:

Guest 70below

My SVT's........particularly the top one....a Finnish Capture from the Winter War......I can only surmise that its russian owner met his demise to a skilled Finn and later this beauty turned on the mother country.

svt_40_x2.JPG

Guest EasilyObsessed

RandomMay07003.jpg

I could sell almost every other gun I have without a hint of regret, but this one I could NEVER NEVER sell. It was the gun my grandfather carried in WWII. I still have the original papers showing his purchase of the gun from the Army for the huge sum of $38. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away before the "firearm enthusiast" bug bit me and I could ask chat about guns with him :usa:

Guest Verbal Kint

Going to go out on a limb here and say that he successfully completed sniper school. :usa:

RandomMay07003.jpg

I could sell almost every other gun I have without a hint of regret, but this one I could NEVER NEVER sell. It was the gun my grandfather carried in WWII. I still have the original papers showing his purchase of the gun from the Army for the huge sum of $38. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away before the "firearm enthusiast" bug bit me and I could ask chat about guns with him :usa:

That's awesome.

I hope to inherit the captured Luger my grandfather (a D-Day vet) came home with one of these days.

Guest gcrookston
Sorry to hear about tour number three. I never got hit by stop loss 'cause I keep re-upping, however a couple buddies have experinced the big green weenie.

My, Aren't you spiffy there, 323? I take insult at your tone.

When he re-upped they gave him $9,000 and a pass to any school for an MOS he wanted and promised to deploy him as such, should he pass. He picked Snipers. The Benning School isn't the easiest to get through, and he graduated (as previously stated), and was deployed as a sniper on his 2nd tour.

He set out on his 2nd tour as a sniper attached to the 3/2, his old unit, but after a few weeks sitting on 110 degree sunbaked roofs around baghdad watching for bad guys at intersections, he thought "FTS" and put in to get back into infantry... just in time for Haffa Street (the Sgt. filmed by the press while he lay dying was my son's Sgt. and my son received a PH during this battle). This incident got the Times Banned and booted from Iraq... Recall?

Photo Op? My Ass.

I do not like your tone. I'll leave it after this at that.

Edited by gcrookston
My, Aren't you spiffy there, 323? I take insult at your tone.

When he re-upped they gave him $9,000 and a pass to any school for an MOS he wanted and promised to deploy him as such, should he pass. He picked Snipers. The Benning School isn't the easiest to get through, and he graduated (as previously stated), and was deployed as a sniper on his 2nd tour.

He set out on his 2nd tour as a sniper attached to the 3/2, his old unit, but after a few weeks sitting on 110 degree sunbaked roofs around baghdad watching for bad guys at intersections, he thought "FTS" and put in to get back into infantry... just in time for Haffa Street (the Sgt. filmed by the press while he lay dying was my son's Sgt. and my son received a PH during this battle). This incident got the Times Banned and booted from Iraq... Recall?

Photo Op? My Ass.

Please!!!! don't take my remarks as offensive....I had NO intention of them being so. Ijust quickly saw the photo and started writing. I didn't even see the caption. And I wasn't trying to say anything about not sticking around. I'm sorry if you took my question and remarks out of tone. I assure you I was not in any way trying to offend you or your son.

And the only reason I asked about he photo op is because it happens to us all the time. People come over, ask to see our guns and take pics with them and next you know, there they are on the intraweb posing as a sniper.

Congrats on him passing Benning, it's not an easy school, no sniper school is.

The original reason for my asking was I was going to congratulate your son for BEING a sniper if he were one, which he is so..CONGRATS to him

Guest gcrookston
Please!!!! don't take my remarks as offensive....I had NO intention of them being so. Ijust quickly saw the photo and started writing. I didn't even see the caption. And I wasn't trying to say anything about not sticking around. I'm sorry if you took my question and remarks out of tone. I assure you I was not in any way trying to offend you or your son.

ya, okay, no problem. I appreciate your service to our country. I see you appreciate my service as a father. Thanks.

Guest gcrookston
RandomMay07003.jpg

I could sell almost every other gun I have without a hint of regret, but this one I could NEVER NEVER sell. It was the gun my grandfather carried in WWII. I still have the original papers showing his purchase of the gun from the Army for the huge sum of $38. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away before the "firearm enthusiast" bug bit me and I could ask chat about guns with him :love:

As an old 1911 enthusiast, would you grant my request to post a picture of the other side?

Guest bkelm18

I go through guns like hotcakes. The only gun that had any sentimental value was a Remington Rand 1911 that belonged to my Great Grandfather. It wasn't mine, it was my dad's after it was inherited by him, but my dad let me keep it with me and shoot it every now and then. Well, his super liberal side took over and he decided he wanted a new flat screen, so he sold it.... Yeah I'm still kinda sore about that one. Currently, my favorite gun would have to be my converted Saiga 7.62. It's a blast to shoot.

IMG_1895.jpg

Guest gcrookston
They dont send you to sniper school for fun.

well, I see he was already corrected on page 2.

I'm still a better reflexive shooter than he is, but his eyes are better... but now he's sneaking up on me... litterally... that was fun the first time... 2nd and 3 time, weeellll, that's getting old. "what you doing daaad???" "thunk" as head hits the top of safe.... uh huh

Glen, Thank your son for what he does for us all. My boy, a marine, was in Bahain before the SHTF. We worried about him every day and he came home safe. He's now a cop in S.Fl. We still worry about him. He was only out of the academy a short time and got into a gun fight. He won thank god. Hope to meet you some day.

Dick