Recommend me a IWB holster

I just got the Alien Gear 3.0 a few days ago. So far I can't tell I'm wearing it. The only thing is the grip texture on this gen 4 glock sometimes rubs my back. I'll just have to build up a callous.

I, too, just got an Alien gear OWB and IWB 3.0

The IWB is by far the most comfortable I've worn. And I'm quite pleased with the OWB as well.

California wildfires caught TT Gunleather. They lost their house and shop. Thankfully they are fine and will be rebuilding. My holster was 1 week or so from shipping.

Sorry to hear that as I have several holsters and belts from TT Gunleather.

I've worn a Crossbreed Supertuck for a number of years.  I wear it at about 4:00.

I use Crossbreed or TT Gunleather for most of my holsters.  Horseshoe makes a good holster but it's a long wait time.

Edited by tnhawk
  • 4 weeks later...

+1 for AlienGear
IWB is very comfortable. OWB could stand more retention. Lifetime warranty and swappable kydex shells is hard to beat.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

I actually like Alien Gear's OWB better than the IWB; I have the retention on mine OWB set pretty good.  Play around with the bag of parts they sent with the OWB, find the right size plastic gap thingie (technical term) and tighten the shell to the back until you get the retention the way you like.. 

I actually like Alien Gear's OWB better than the IWB; I have the retention on mine OWB set pretty good.  Play around with the bag of parts they sent with the OWB, find the right size plastic gap thingie (technical term) and tighten the shell to the back until you get the retention the way you like.. 

I think the proper term is green thingie. :)

I think the proper term is green thingie. :)

I did adjust my thingie. Then I tried the different o-rings [emoji33]
The hybrid style doesn't "hold".
I like a higher level of retention so I use a Blackhawk Serpa for OC.

I'm by no means an authority on this, but I took the advice of Yeager and got a Galco. And I've enjoyed wearing that one a lot with my XDs... I'm about to make a move to carrying a M&P full size though I think.

I've been carrying for about 3 years, and what I've found to be at least as important and maybe more important is the right belt. I found that the wrong belt allows things to get out of place and that's when it get uncomfortable.

Just my two cents.

I did adjust my thingie. Then I tried the different o-rings [emoji33]
The hybrid style doesn't "hold".
I like a higher level of retention so I use a Blackhawk Serpa for OC.

How much do you need an OWB to retain past basic body movements?  Standing, sitting, kneeling, squatting...it's not like you'll be upside down or anything.  You mention OC, but when I use the OWB, I'm still carrying concealed, just with a loose shirt or a coat over it.