M249 build

173rdABN

First, this wouldn't have been possible without Mikes help (Lawenforcement sales). Big thanks to him for all the help he's given me and work he's done.

Next: I just finished it. (Still needs to be coated and that's it). ran some blanks through it and she worked perfect. Next, live ammo. Hopefully next weekend. Or I'll head up to strategic edge Monday or Wednesday to try it out if I have free time.

265D0EEE-C810-453B-89C9-172FF0951C9D_zps

• Like 12

No HK sear pack here. Open bolt gun. Thought about running a sear pack, but would need about $2,800 more in parts to convert to semi auto-closed bolt. Who wants to do that… Ha. 

And suppressed because…. well, I can. :) Thats about the only reason, honestly. I had a spare barrel laying around I threaded to accept an AAC brake and just threw on a SDN-6, because.

I'm going to make a 300 blackout barrel for it here shortly, run some subsonics suppressed through it. 

That's the beauty of being a SOT!!
Edit: I'll remove the question about build price, in case LE are watching.. Lol.
It's hell being a individual.
Would you happen to have a front site for 249? My Shrike uses some modified 249 parts and my extra barrel assembly doesn't have a site yet. Edited by Johnny Rotten
  • Like 1

Great range toy. 

As an old SF Weapons Sergeant told me at a live fire range in a former life...you need to treat the 249 like a bipolar girlfriend- finger f**k it to keep it running, and slap it when it's not working right.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 2

Slap it? I prefer to kick it, ha. No really, I literally kick them. When I got to my unit back in the yesteryears the turd before me never cleaned or oiled his SAW. The charging handle rusted closed and we had to kick it multiple times as hard as we could to get it to move. Needless to say, he was being kicked out for being a turd, so didn't care much to do anything. Thats the first time, and far from the last time I have had to kick start a M249. 

is there something on the feed tray deflecting the spent case towards the ground, instead of shooting it straight out?

Brass isn't ejected through the feed tray, links are.  Brass ejects from the port just below the feed tray, so it naturally comes out at a 45ish degree angle.