Cheapest AR to date for me.

LI0NSFAN

I just ordered a rifle kit that has everything minus the stripped lower for $316 shipped. I have an extra lower that I got on sale for $29 so I picked up a few. Even if you add the whole $10 for bcc and add the tax it was $42. That makes the whole rifle under $360. I cant belive how cheap they have gotten. I picked this one up for one of my kids to play with when they get older.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

And hopefully AKs follow too.

Speaking of AKs did you ever get the AK I sold you to the range?

Yeah, we had a great time. It was by far the best AK I have ever shot. Just like the 1911, it is hard for me to justify buying another one because it wont come close to the gun I got from you.

It's amazing how far the prices have fallen. You almost feel bad for the guys who spent 1000+ on basic AR's a couple years ago. 

Not to mention the people who want one now but haven't bought one. I keep reminding them (over and over) that the closer we get to the election, the more likely that any day the prices creep or fly the other direction. These things are so cheap now it's craziness. I have more AR's now than I ever would have imagined, but still wouldn't mind having a few of the cheap builds just sitting in the safe or for truck guns. I just started reloading so don't really have the cash to do it, and not to mention deer season is right around the corner. One thing I'm proud of outside of having multiple AR's is that I've bought quite a bit of extra parts for spares should the need ever arise. I didn't want to get caught with my pants down like a lot of people will when things get hairy.

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1

I almost got the 300, that is one heck of a deal.

Well, you guys twisted my arm and now I have one of the 300 blackout pistol kits on the way. This will be my first ar pistol and my first 300 blackout. I'm pretty excited.

I was reading over on the AR15 site about these kits.  Either those folks are prima donnas or they might know what they are talking about.  All seemed to dis these kits as being unreliable guns, and only good for selfies or shooting dirt clogs.  The reason I am posting, I want something I can bang up and just don't care about, but want as little money in it as possible. 

I bought a Ptac kit last year and have put well over 1k rounds in it and have had no issues. I have used a wide range of ammo so it does not seem picky. I wonder if this is a case of mine is bigger, they paid more so theirs has to be better. I am not saying these are the best uppers on the market but with no issuses and the price makes these a good buy.

• Like 1

I bought a Ptac kit last year and have put well over 1k rounds in it and have had no issues. I have used a wide range of ammo so it does not seem picky. I wonder if this is a case of mine is bigger, they paid more so theirs has to be better. I am not saying these are the best uppers on the market but with no issuses and the price makes these a good buy.

Bingo. Dudes paying $3k for boutique ARs don't want to admit that a $400 PSA kit is functionally identical. Same thing in any hobby... you can find a way to spend thousands of dollars on something if you want, but usually there's an option with same functions for 20% of the cost, just without the panache.

I've had a few PTAC kits and all have been 100% for me, both with cheap steal and fancy ammo. Edited by musicman
  • Like 2
As Dolo said, don't pay too much attention to the "experts" over on arfcom. Most of them believe if your weapon doesn't have Daniel Defense, BCM, Larue, KAC or similar stamped on the side it's not worth having. For 90% of all Americans, a PSA built weapon will do everything the aforementioned brands will. For the 10% who actually use their weapons hard, sure spending the extra money is plenty justified.

I myself prefer to build my AR's and use quality parts such as those that might come on those $2k guns mentioned above, and save myself from paying their labor and logo costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Arfcomers are such snobs.

Throwing money at something does not make it better. A $50K GT500 is still faster than a $100K Jaguar.

PSA offers real quality build kits/uppers. Are you going to be some sort of super tacticool SEAL sniper with it? No.
Same token - just because I spent $3K on DD, BCM or Noveske crap does not mean I will be either.

My $500 PSA SBR will still kill someone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I wish ammo would follow.  But it won't.  Ammunition has gone down in price the last 2 1/2 years but not to the degree the AR15s have.  As for AKs, I do not think they'll be as cheap as ARs.  When I first got into guns it was $350 AKs and $800 ARs (and up) and now it's pretty much the other way around.  Heck, Wazzers used to suck, they were the whipping boy of the arms world, and now apparently they rock. 

• 2 weeks later...