High School kid suspended for defending a blind kid.

K191145

I won't go into particulars but my brother next oldest to myself had Polio at age 5 and was crippled from that point on but able to function and attend school but walked with a limp and his arms and hands were quit a bit smaller than normal and yea, we had bullies back then also. I spent 8 years of Grammer school getting the sh-t pounded out of me by upper class bullies for sticking up for my brother but after all I was my brothers keeper. I was in 7th grade when my brother entered high school and I could no longer protect him but I had one ace in the hole. I had a buddy that was same age as my brother and he stepped up to become my brothers keeper till I reached high School. Thing is my friend was a freshman that stood 6'3" tall and weighed in about 240 and not even upper classmates wanted to mess with him. Once I made high school my brother had two keepers. Kids are mean for sure and it is not something new. It is just having more attention paid to it now than back then. Brother went on to finish high school and on to Junior college along with my buddy. doctors had told my parents he probably would not live past his early 20's but he went on to marry, have a family and passed away in his sleep at age 42 from heart failure. Lost him in June 1990, 2 days before his 43rd birthday................ :ugh:

43 is young but he fooled those doctors for 20 years and left his own generation. Glad you were there to keep the cowards from having their sick kind of sport with him. It always makes me mad to see an innocent person being bullied or attacked by a punk or thug but I have a whole different kind of anger when that victim is handicapped or elderly. I saw a security cam video a few years back of a thug attacking and beating an old man in his upper 80's for his wallet. He didn't just take his wallet but he seemed to be enjoying beating the man to an inch of his life, it was obvious he was trying to kill him and make him suffer while doing it. I was so damned mad watching that I thought I could have shot that piece of human crap easily and don't believe I could ever be bothered by it. I don't see the human being in a thug like that, just an evil parasite.

43 is young but he fooled those doctors for 20 years and left his own generation. Glad you were there to keep the cowards from having their sick kind of sport with him. It always makes me mad to see an innocent person being bullied or attacked by a punk or thug but I have a whole different kind of anger when that victim is handicapped or elderly. I saw a security cam video a few years back of a thug attacking and beating an old man in his upper 80's for his wallet. He didn't just take his wallet but he seemed to be enjoying beating the man to an inch of his life, it was obvious he was trying to kill him and make him suffer while doing it. I was so damned mad watching that I thought I could have shot that piece of human crap easily and don't believe I could ever be bothered by it. I don't see the human being in a thug like that, just an evil parasite.

There has been a few times in my life after becoming an adult that I have stepped into a situation where some young punks had targeted and older or handicap person to pick on and make fun of and poke with a stick. Had I not stepped in it would have eventually had escalated without a doubt. I guess it was just old feelings coming back from days with my brother but I was not going to allow them to continue and willing to do what it took to stop it. It never went much farther before the punks thought it might be best they moved on. As I walked away after getting things settled I had that thought run through my mind of I am my brothers Keeper and I think I might have even smiled.

• Like 1

I saw this same video posted on a different website, except a bunch of people who were there chimed in.  They said that the blind kid is only partially blind, and he instigated the fight.  I haven't delved into the details, but this is what was posted:

http://i.imgur.com/NXI24c2.jpg

I've read this version of the story from multiple accounts saying that the handicapped boy wasn't as handicapped as presumed and that the "hero" sucker punched the kid defending himself.

There are always two side to every story, that's for sure. in the first report the kid Cody was to have sucker punched was what some noted as a Bully. Now with that being known and if the Semi Blind Moderately Autistic young man did at that point go after the Bully, it was probably from sometime in the past that the Bully instigated the encounter and the handicap kid was just tired of it. As far as I'm concerned if the kid was only semi blind and had any type of Autism period the bully had no right to pick on him that time or any other time. I have known a few Autistic kids over the years and it really takes a lot to bring out anger in them. All I have ever known were very passive and mellow .................jmho 

• Like 1

Sometimes all it takes to bring out anger in an Autistic person is simply telling them something that they do not wish to hear.

This is in no way against Autistic people, but they can be very unstable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot debate this because all I can speak of is my experiences with Autistic Children and young men and young ladies I have been acquainted with over my life. They may very well react in a manner I am not accustom to seeing for sure. I was just speaking from my past experiences........ :popcorn:

Edited by bersaguy