High School kid suspended for defending a blind kid.

K191145

In the heat of things it is hard to control your self.

Good for the young man coming to defend someone, but maybe hit a bit to hard.

Shame he got kicked out of school for a bit.

The school should have charges against them as well as the bully.

In the heat of things it is hard to control your self.

Good for the young man coming to defend someone, but maybe hit a bit to hard.

Shame he got kicked out of school for a bit.

The school should have charges against them as well as the bully.

respectfully disagree .. the other guy isn't pulling HIS punches.    You hit them as hard as you can as fast as you can until they surrender.   He wasn't suspended for how hard he hit.   All fighting is equal punishment.

You gonna get kicked out if you fight.   This is just because schools have given up and decided to ban everyone for everything, whether its eating a pop tart or hauling a box of wires and bombish looking stuff into the room, or getting into a fight,  wearing clothing that the teacher does not like, and more.   Its wrong, but that is how they do it because making an intelligent decision requires thinking, and thinking isn't encouraged.   Thankfully suspension is harmless...  unless you have like 50 of them ...  you miss what, 1 week of class, which is like 15 min worth of catching up in actual material?

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 5

Well I don't feel sorry for the bully who punched the visualy impaired kid, he thought he was going to get away with a cheap shot. Of course the schools and such want everyone to do a Gandhi and stand there being beaten or watching someone be beaten. I guess they think that martyrdom-victim experience is going to convince everyone violence isn't the answer.   

• Moderators

respectfully disagree .. the other guy isn't pulling HIS punches. You hit them as hard as you can as fast as you can until they surrender. He wasn't suspended for how hard he hit. All fighting is equal punishment.

Absolutely 100% this.

I consider myself a nonviolent person and do my best to arrange my life by the NAP (non-aggression principle). That said, once violence is justified, it is justified. Proportionality is a losing game. If you have to get into the fight, you don't use just enough force to end this fight, but as much as you think you need to end the next one and the one after that as well. Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 8

I would've jumped on top of the bully and did the "You got knocked the F*** out!" thing.  Punching a blind kid, wtf.

All fighting equal my ass, this just goes to show this school stupidity thing we talk about in so many threads.  If that happened at our high school, that kid would have got an ovation when he walked in the next day, from teachers and students.

• Like 1

Just read that Cody Pines did not get suspended. Not trying to be funny at all but it's ironic that the blind kid never saw it coming and neither did the bully. Nice job Mr. Pines.

He would have if 60K people hadn't signed a petition in Cody's favor and the school board's phone and contact email probably was overloaded with support for Cody. There is a petition, I signed it but since he isn't getting suspended the petition is probably closed by now.

Why would anyone do that to a blind kid anyway? 

Just pure meaness. The little punk should be branded a coward for doing that also, it's obvious he can't stand toe to toe against someone his own size so he has to beat a blind kid. The little punk should be the one severely punished even after having his clocked cleaned and not just suspension. It takes a special kind of evil brat to do that, he deserves a stay in a strict juvenile school for that.

So what happened to the POS that was beating the blind kid? Did him and his friends standing around that did nothing to stop it go to jail?

We should be celebrating that a bully that would beat a blind kid got his azz severely beat and is in jail. Not feeling good that the person that stopped this criminal wasn’t suspended from school.
  • Like 3

So what happened to the POS that was beating the blind kid? Did him and his friends standing around that did nothing to stop it go to jail?

We should be celebrating that a bully that would beat a blind kid got his azz severely beat and is in jail. Not feeling good that the person that stopped this criminal wasn’t suspended from school.

The punk should be charged, it was an assault. If I were the blind kids parent I would file charges against the punk. If the DA refused to I would hound him publically every day and draw media attention to it. The punk, and i'm not going to call him a kid, needs to be in some juvy system for a while. Let him try to beat on some of those kids there.

Also I remember Tennessee passed a law making it a defense for a school age student to defend themselves if being attacked, I bet that would apply to defending a third party.

That's awesome that a petition got circulated that fast. I should have know a governmental establishment could'nt do the right thing on their own.

Here's the petition, of course after signing it you will get emails and asked to sign other petitions, I can't sign everything.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/358/010/475/get-cody-pine-back-on-the-football-team-after-defending-a-blind-classmate-against-a-bully/

I won't go into particulars but my brother next oldest to myself had Polio at age 5 and was crippled from that point on but able to function and attend school but walked with a limp and his arms and hands were quit a bit smaller than normal and yea, we had bullies back then also. I spent 8 years of Grammer school getting the sh-t pounded out of me by upper class bullies for sticking up for my brother but after all I was my brothers keeper. I was in 7th grade when my brother entered high school and I could no longer protect him but I had one ace in the hole. I had a buddy that was same age as my brother and he stepped up to become my brothers keeper till I reached high School. Thing is my friend was a freshman that stood 6'3" tall and weighed in about 240 and not even upper classmates wanted to mess with him. Once I made high school my brother had two keepers. Kids are mean for sure and it is not something new. It is just having more attention paid to it now than back then. Brother went on to finish high school and on to Junior college along with my buddy. doctors had told my parents he probably would not live past his early 20's but he went on to marry, have a family and passed away in his sleep at age 42 from heart failure. Lost him in June 1990, 2 days before his 43rd birthday................ :ugh: 

• Like 2