Favorite "Gun Movies"

poak

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Equilibrium, Hitman, Equilibrium, Lucky Number Slevin, Equilibrium, Smoking Aces, Equilibrium, The Matrix (but only the first one), Equilibrium, any of the Transporters (though they are getting more stupid recently), Equilibrium, Banlieu Treize, Equlibrium... wait, I may have said that one twice...

Blackhawk down, Quigley Down Under, Lone Wolf McQuade, Shooter, Tombstone, Red Dawn, Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at The Gates and many, many others that I can't think of off the top of my head.....basically, if it involves weapons, and they are shown in a half decent light by the creators of the movie, then I "like" it

The shootout in Vice was the best part of that movie.

Agreed. You did have to take the story line in the same spirit as the original TV show. I think that's why I enjoyed it because I loved the TV show as a kid.

Guest Halfpint

The way of the gun, Shooter, Navy Seals, and a handful of others . . . really want to see Generation Kill ASAP though.

WoG also has an assortment of the best one-liners in an action movie I've heard in a LONG time, even if most of them are not fit to be posted on this board. :)

In one easy to print list! LOL!!!

____ Heat

____ Man on Fire

____ The Professional

____ Uncommon Valor

____ Underworld (Underworld II)

____ Tears of the Sun

____ Open Range

____ Resident Evil (all of them)

____ Tombstone

____ Starship Troopers

____ Blackhawk Down

____ Reservoir Dogs

____ Dog Soldiers

____ Full Metal Jacket

____ Soldier (with Kurt Russel)

____ Dawn of the Dead (2004)

____ Munich

Guest Revelator

I don't think anyone has said this one yet: Lord of War. I like Nic Cage's Ode to the Kalashnikov.

Pulp Fiction had some interesting guns. Travolta's and Sam Jackson's pearl-handled 1911s, that gigantic revolver the guy hiding in the bathroom had, and that silenced Uzi (maybe somethig else, not sure) that Bruce Willis blew away Travolta with.

Die Hard? does this one count I really liked it when I was younger, really hate that evil Russian guy.

I think it counts, lots of fancy shootin' in that flick.

You have to love the scene where Bruce sends down a dead terrorist in the elevator with "Now I have a machine gun Ho-Ho-Ho" written on his sweatshirt - lol

In "Fatal Attraction," I like the end scene where the wife shoots the mistress since she definitely had it coming after what she put that family through!

I also like one of the ending scenes in "Clue" where they argue about if there is a bullet left in the revolver and then suddenly get the answer!

Oh, and how cool was Mother Maybelle Carter in the scene from "Walk the Line" where she had a shotgun aimed at a drug dealer who came around to sell Johnny Cash some drugs when he was trying to detox.

Okay, so I guess I appreciate particular scenes involving guns over entire movies much of the time :)

Guest GUTTERbOY
Oh, and how cool was Mother Maybelle Carter in the scene from "Walk the Line" where she had a shotgun aimed at a drug dealer who came around to sell Johnny Cash some drugs when he was trying to detox.

That was one of my favorite parts of the movie.

"GITCHOR ASS OUTA HERE BOY"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Archimedes

Yuck!!!! TOOOOOMBSTOOONE!!!

'Why, Ed, what an ugly thing to say....I appall ugliness...Does this mean we're not friends anymore?'

ROFL!!

Nobody said 'The Matrix' yet and there was tons of lead flying.....in slowmo even.

If Ironman counts, then I say 'Blue Thunder' ... there were bullets...AND I LOVE CHOPPERS!!!

Gun movies to LOL@:

Blazing Saddles

Naked Gun (Pick one)

Loaded Weapon

I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka (Isaac Hayes :P )

And, finally, since others have mentioned some TV programs....

TEH FRAKKIN' A-TEAM!!!!!

As if they didn't have enough cool toys, they usually made something that went boom every episode.

Been watching it @ http://www.nbc.com/Vintage_Shows/A_Team/

~archi

P.S. -- Been a while......Good to see the progress here....REALLY sucks about Mars.. :(:)

Most have been mentioned, but I just saw Hot Fuzz again last night and it is truly funny. At the end there is such an eclectic mix of firearms and the dark British humor is great. I think one of the cops is using an old Enfield!:D

200px-Hot_fuzz.jpg

Edited by Smith

I can't believe that this thread has survived this long, and The Rock has yet to be mentioned. What the hell is wrong with you people? Do the names Nic Cage and Sean Connery ring a bell? Am I the only one who thinks that was one of the coolest movies of all time?

Face Off is another sweet film that fits the bill, albeit to a lesser extent.

Also, I'm gonna get laughed at for this one, but the CGI Transformers was a pretty bad*ss gun flick as well, if for no other reason than the sweet 40mm MGLs in the last battle scene. :D

Edited by Seaslug
Most have been mentioned, but I just saw Hot Fuzz again last night and it is truly funny. At the end there is such an eclectic mix of firearms and the dark British humor is great. I think one of the cops is using an old Enfield!:D

Yeah Hot Fuzz is funny. Shawn of the Dead, too..........it's got a Winchester rifle in it at the end.:D

"Saving Private Ryan (They got the sounds right)"

The sounds, the special effects..... I couldn't even watch the beach landing the second time. Too many good guys getting maimed and killed.

I saw that at the theater whenit first came out, Monday matinee.

There was an older couple sitting in the row ahead of me a few seats over. The old guy was having a real tough time sitting there during it.

I will never forget that, I am guessing he was seeing his buddies and or himself in that beach landing scene.