Hello from Manchester

Hello, my name's Bruce. I'm an auto mechanic in Manchester. I'm new to the site, obviously, but new to guns as well. I have shot some in the past, a Marlin .22 and a 9mm but don't remember brand or model. My interest in guns has really peaked lately and finally bought my first gun, a Remington 597 .22lr

Wanting to get a handun to, but haven't decided what to get yet. Planning to make a trip to Hero Gear this coming weak and maybe get one if I can decide what to get. I've thought about getting one that can be converted to shoot .22LR ammo, but someone told me today that with those conversions alot of them will only shoot really expensive .22 ammo.;)

So where do you guys in Coffee County go to shoot?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Bruce,and welcome :shrug:

I pondered getting a conversion for my 1911 so that I could shoot 22lr with,but honestly I dont see it as being worth it financially to pay for a few parts,when I can just buy a whole nother gun for about the same price....but then again I'm just a tight wad:p

• 3 weeks later...
welcome to the forum Bruce! enjoy and don't worry..I won't be too jealous that you're so close to Joe's shop...

:poop:

HAHA, just noticed this post today.

I just got back from there again today. He's making the rifle range wider to accommodate more shooters.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.