What do you consider a bad day?

The last 30 seconds of this video. 2008. I was getting back in to riding dirt bikes, and was in Okinawa, Japan. I jumped a bad line, bailed off the bike and wadded up my knee and ankle. I still have lots of issues out of that knee 6 years later, and will until I die. I spent 8 weeks on crutches because of that wreck. That was a bad day to me.

https://youtu.be/8uTJPcG8ICk

Sent from behind the anvil
Just got a call from my Mom that, while sharing memories at a dear family friend's funeral, my Dad had a heart attack. Currently in the hospital, sedated, doing tests. They're at home in Miami, FL. The plan this Christmas was for family from NH, KS, FL, and DE to all meet at my house for the very first time ever. Now we're all scrambling, trying to figure out how/when to go down. Do we drop everything and go now or wait for more tests? I don't know.

Just got a call from my Mom that, while sharing memories at a dear family friend's funeral, my Dad had a heart attack. Currently in the hospital, sedated, doing tests. They're at home in Miami, FL. The plan this Christmas was for family from NH, KS, FL, and DE to all meet at my house for the very first time ever. Now we're all scrambling, trying to figure out how/when to go down. Do we drop everything and go now or wait for more tests? I don't know.

You go. Now. I hope everything works out and that he's ok.
  • Like 2

Hope your dad is okay and they caught it early, they can treat many now with stints and meds with no damage, the patient can return to their normal activities in a short time.

Thanks folks. Latest update: the cath showed no new damage (had 3 stents put in this spring) they think, but they don't quite know how long he was out. They'll stop the sedation in the morning and begin running more tests. There is a real chance of serious brain damage, etc. Mom has friends down in Miami with her, and her brother, who is a retired heart surgeon himself, is staying at the house with her. We had a good talk a bit ago and she told me to stay here for now.
  • Like 1

Thanks folks. Latest update: the cath showed no new damage (had 3 stents put in this spring) they think, but they don't quite know how long he was out. They'll stop the sedation in the morning and begin running more tests. There is a real chance of serious brain damage, etc. Mom has friends down in Miami with her, and her brother, who is a retired heart surgeon himself, is staying at the house with her. We had a good talk a bit ago and she told me to stay here for now.

We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you.