Law of Attraction

I'm not sure how many of you folks would be interested, but I thought I'd share it just in case.

As some of you may know, I've been dealing with some fairly rough personal issues as of late, and it's begun to put a damper on my attitude, outlook on life, relationships, etc.

I'm usually a real happy-go-lucky kinda guy, but I've really let these issues get the best of me. Totally not my style, but it's happened.

A close friend of mine suggested that I watch a documentary, The Secret. Basically, it talks about the Law of Attraction, and how positive thoughts attract positive events, people, etc, and how to really focus these thoughts.

The documentary goes far deeper than what little I described, and honestly, some of it seems a tad far fetched, but nevertheless, I really think it will help. There was a lot of very helpful information that I haven't thought about in the past.

I know we have several members going through some very tough times right now, and I truly think this documentary could help if watched with an open mind. I think it would be good for folks who are not going through rough times, too.

Just in case anyone was wondering, no, this is not some crazy religion, nor do they suggest you replace your religion with it. It's more like an added bonus.

I watched the movie online at http://www.thesecret.tv/. It was $4.95 (no tax). It's about 90 minutes long, and you can pause it if need be. I actually watched about half before I went to bed, paused it, and woke up this moring to watch the rest. If you're interested, you can watch the trailer by clicking on the link on the left side of the screen. The documentary is in very good quality. It's not some little crappy video.

You can also rent the video from Nexflix, and Blockbuster. Some of the BB stores don't carry the movie, but it can be delivered kinda like Netflix does.

I don't think the whole documentary is there, but I know the first 20 minutes is on Youtube. Of course it's not the whole thing (which is very important to watch), and the quality isn't even close to the real deal.

I know times are tough for many TGO members, and if I could afford to pay the $4.95 for everyone who wanted to watch it, I would. Unfortunately, times are pretty tight for me, but that's how much I really enjoyed it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Positive thoughts attract positive events" is not new, or an addition to religion. The Bible has always said, "What ye sow shall ye reap." It's always been there. It's just knowing it. That's how God set it up for us.

+1:up:

Not to mention....nobody wants to be around a grumpy whiner or complainer all the time...anytime for that fact.

*People tend to gravitate toward a person with a positive outlook on even a bad situation.

*Good things come to good people...sometimes you have to get your mind (and your heart) right to see it.:P

:tough:

I don't doubt what you are saying about a positive attitude is true.

I have worked with guys before who did nothing but bitch and moan. It really brings other people down to hear it all the time. It only goes to make sense that a good attitude and kind positive words will bring it back in return.

(PS: Mark have not seen you in a while, hope everything is going well.)

Guest TnDeerHunter

Positive attitude is a great start, focus on the blessings that are bestowed on us then look around sometimes we are much better off than we realize. When God closes one door he always opens another sometimes we just overlook it. Best of Luck

TDR, sorry to hear you're on bumpy road right now. If you need somebody to gripe to, PM me. I doubt there is much I can do from here to help with anything, but a ready ear is usually welcomed.
same here!

Thanks, Guys! I appreciate that.

I know that thinking positive is nothing new, but sometimes it's easier said than done when times get tough. I know a lot of it is basic common sense, but sometimes your mind can get so preoccupied with everything else that's going on, and common sense sometimes get's lost in the shuffle. Not only that, but this film really gave me some ideas on how to channel that positive attitude. Some ideas for setting goals, too.

Thanks again, guys!

Chin up Man! The Road of Life would be no fun at all without a few potholes, a couple construction delays, and a burly feller with a hairy, mole encrusted back holding a stop sign peering in your windshield. You'll get through it, I promise. The Good Lord won't put anything on you that you can't bear. Believe me, I know. Just take time to think about how you need to get where you're going, and smile at the nice man holding the stop sign. :lol:

A close friend of mine suggested that I watch a documentary, The Secret. Basically, it talks about the Law of Attraction, and how positive thoughts attract positive events, people, etc, and how to really focus these thoughts.

I've seen "The Secret" film, and I agree that it's not meant to be a religion at all. I took it as some basic personal development advice. I appreciate its message to encourage people to be more aware of the thoughts they entertain, and to deliberately focus on the positive instead of the negative. Positive self-talk is a skill that requires regular practice in order to truly be effective...the challenge is making positive thinking the norm and not slipping back into the habit of allowing negativity to be one's immediate reaction to everything in life.

Thanks, Guys! I appreciate that.

I know that thinking positive is nothing new, but sometimes it's easier said than done when times get tough. I know a lot of it is basic common sense, but sometimes your mind can get so preoccupied with everything else that's going on, and common sense sometimes get's lost in the shuffle. Not only that, but this film really gave me some ideas on how to channel that positive attitude. Some ideas for setting goals, too.

Thanks again, guys!

you know..I once was VERY preoccupied with my life.. it was about 8 months before I was due to get out of the army, I had 9 privates that delighted in having my butt dragged onto the 1SGT's carpet for something they did wrong...there were just a myriad of problems I was dealing with.

I was walking through the Motor Pool one day actually TALKING to myself.

I realized what I was doing and that I was wound way too tight...so I asked a trusted friend what to do.

he said he was in a similar situation and actually put a pistol in his mouth and pulled the trigger..the only thing that saved him was that it was unloaded.

he then realized that sometimes you have to just say "eff it"..and relax...if you can't control it..quit worrying about it until it gets into your sphere of control.

the hardest part is learning to recognize that situation..the time when to say forget it..

that in itself was worth everything to me!

hang in there Paul!

Dude, no doubt. What TC said and what that documentarty said is sooo true. Life thwos some pretty smelly crap our way, and if you dwell on it, you become part of the smelly crap. My(our) list is way to long to go into here dude, but I am just around the corner from you. Drop me a pm, we can head out to shoot, or just hang out. I am married, and I like girls so don't go getting all touchy feely if ya know what I mean....heh