Free to Good home: Blue Tick Dog

ReeferMac

We found this surprise out on the front porch this morning making herself home. Her name is Daisy.

Image1.jpg

image2.jpg

We found the original owner, but he didn't want the dog - apparently she won't hunt. His plan was to take her home and shoot her!

He got her and her brother last year, brother's a good coon dog, she's a bit of an escape artist, and doesn't like to hunt.... but she's very friendly, great around our kids/dog, unfortunately we can't keep her. About 1 year old, not fixed, eating well and seems fine (a little skinny).

As is, but the price is right... She goes to the pound in a few days if we can't home her, but if you know anyone who might want her, pass it along. I'm West of Knoxville. Could deliver a short distance for a TGO'er.

- K

• Like 1

Find a dog rescue near you.......

Yeah, that's the plan if we can't get a home for her. She's real friendly, lay's her head on your lap to pet her...  Someone's got to want her. We'll throw something on the local Craigslist, too, but sometimes you get sketchy folks.

- K

• Like 1

You're a good man for trying to find a home for her. Hopefully you can find a rescue or maybe someone on TGO will find room in their hearts for another fur person in their family.

My avatar is a stray that we rescued, as is my border collie and cat. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that's the plan if we can't get a home for her. She's real friendly, lay's her head on your lap to pet her... Someone's got to want her. We'll throw something on the local Craigslist, too, but sometimes you get sketchy folks.

- K

PLEASE DO NOT PUT HER ON CRAIGSLIST. Please.

Let me contact some people and see if I can find a rescue for her. What city do you live in?
  • Like 5

I second Mrs Monkey a good friend's wife put up some puppies on craigslist and when they were rehomed the guy who got them texted her pictures of them dismembered.

Sweet Jesus if someone did me that I'd be hard pressed not to return in kind....

• Like 4

I've already contacted 2 rescues, I have a lot of friends in the dog training/rescue world. Please, please do not post her on Craigslist. I'll come get her if I have to. I am confident I can find her a home if I have a few days to do it. A safe, loving home.

That's no trouble, I appreciate the help! So far she gets along fine w/ our dog and has been a fine house-guest.

I'm in Kingston, that's a wee west of Knox, but could meet you somewhere's, perhaps at a gun store/range halfway? :cool:

CAM00094.jpg

Edited by ReeferMac

That's no trouble, I appreciate the help! So far she gets along fine w/ our dog and has been a fine house-guest.
I'm in Kingston, that's a wee west of Knox, but could meet you somewhere's, perhaps at a gun store/range halfway? :cool:

CAM00094.jpg

I'll be in Knoxville on Thursday. I'm going to Bud's and Trader Joes. I'm networking on this right now. I'm now up to 3 rescues. Specifically for coon hounds.

If it wasn't so far I know my son would take her. He has a soft spot for Blue Tick hounds even if they don't hunt. They make great pets and will let you know if someone is poking around after dark that shouldn't be..................... :up:

Cookeville's only about an hour from me if you want to meet there?

I live there! I can meet you in Knoxville.

You live in Kingston, too? I can meet you somewhere's near here! Knoxville's fine, too, I wouldn't mind some peach-salsa and those Quinoa chips they have at TJ's! LOL!

She's a little on the thin side, you can tell she hasn't eaten well. Guess 40-50 lbs., but a little under-weight.

- K

Lot of good souls on the forum, thanks so much.

Wife just picked up a chain puppy to day.

Chain puppy= dog less than a few months old and kept outside on a chain.

Wife could not stand it any longer, now we have 8, no, 9 dogs.

• Like 2

Lot of good souls on the forum, thanks so much.

Wife just picked up a chain puppy to day.

Chain puppy= dog less than a few months old and kept outside on a chain.

Wife could not stand it any longer, now we have 8, no, 9 dogs.

LOL! Trying like heck to avoid that, we're still in a rental-house, haven't found the homestead yet! :lol:

I believe this is the first night this dog's spent indoors, and even though we've bathed it once, it's still a little ripe. Though being a hunting-breed, I told the missus not to use anything perfumed, etc... she needs another scrubbing!

Edited by ReeferMac

LOL! Trying like heck to avoid that, we're still in a rental-house, haven't found the homestead yet! :lol:
I believe this is the first night this dog's spent indoors, and even though we've bathed it once, it's still a little ripe. Though being a hunting-breed, I told the missus not to use anything perfumed, etc... she needs another scrubbing!

I have women running around like crazy right now. I'm very fortunate that when I moved here I made friends with women who love animals. I have reached out to 3, I have one who will pay for her spay, another is reaching out to her contacts. I'm confident Daisy will be ok! But again, if anyone here wants her, I'll be happy to shuttle her!

Edit: shuttle her to a home that keeps her indoors and not on a chain and will spay her. Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500