Police dog - quick reaction

Sam1

Canine training.  You can see him feed the dog the arm, and, though the video is poor quality, you can see the definition of a hidden sleeve under his sweater.

Good training though.  The dog has to be run through these scenarios regularly in order to perform appropriately on the job.  Despite the dramatic story, the dog isn't barking because it "senses" something.  It's barking because it's stemmed up and wants to bite.  Barking is a way to alleviate the stress built up waiting to bite.

Check this out some are training but impressive..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q85DqtZmCE

Watching bad guys become Scooby snacks is one of my favorite things.  Also, watching criminals who can't properly run because their pants are falling down... haha!  Idiots.  You'd figure that, due to their occupation, they'd wear clothes more appropriate for eluding law enforcement.

I have a friend that is a K-9 officer up in Robertson County and he had a Doberman for his K-9. About 5 or 6 years ago his partner gave his life protecting my friend from a pistol wheeling drug dealer and jumped in front of him to take the bullets. My friend did kill the bad guy but he lost Jake. He was heart broken because they had been partners for 8 years. I went to see him about a month later and he was getting ready to move off the K-9 division over his grief. At the time I happen to have a friend that was having to give up his Dobie because he was moving into an apartment from a house in a divorce. I asked him if I could have Sadie and he said yes. Sadie was about 10 months old and ready for training to begin.

When I went to visit my friend I had Sadie in my sons Van and we talked for a few minutes and I asked him to help me with something in the van and we walked out and I opened the back doors. She looked at him and he looked at her and then he turned to look at me. I said her name is Sadie and she needs a home. He looked back at her and I saw his eyes swell up and he called to her and she jumped into him arms.

He didn't quit the K-9 force but he didn't use Sadie either. He did train her but he trained her for guard duty at his home in the country to protect his wife and children while he was working. His property if completely cyclone fenced with gates and on the front gate a sign reads "K-9 officer on duty. Enter at your own risk". Anyone that wants to visit him or family calls first. I have seen her about 3 times since I gave her to him. She turned out to be one awesome Doby for sure............ :cheers:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 3

Canine training.  You can see him feed the dog the arm, and, though the video is poor quality, you can see the definition of a hidden sleeve under his sweater.

Good training though.  The dog has to be run through these scenarios regularly in order to perform appropriately on the job.  Despite the dramatic story, the dog isn't barking because it "senses" something.  It's barking because it's stemmed up and wants to bite.  Barking is a way to alleviate the stress built up waiting to bite.

I think this is a training video as well.  Some one with more K-9  training may be able to verify but it seems odd that the officer has his partner stand down in what appears to be the street where oncoming traffic could pass by.

• Moderators

I have a friend that is a K-9 officer up in Robertson County and he had a Doberman for his K-9. About 5 or 6 years ago his partner gave his life protecting my friend from a pistol wheeling drug dealer and jumped in front of him to take the bullets. My friend did kill the bad guy but he lost Jake. He was heart broken because they had been partners for 8 years. I went to see him about a month later and he was getting ready to move off the K-9 division over his grief. At the time I happen to have a friend that was having to give up his Dobie because he was moving into an apartment from a house in a divorce. I asked him if I could have Sadie and he said yes. Sadie was about 10 months old and ready for training to begin.

When I went to visit my friend I had Sadie in my sons Van and we talked for a few minutes and I asked him to help me with something in the van and we walked out and I opened the back doors. She looked at him and he looked at her and then he turned to look at me. I said her name is Sadie and she needs a home. He looked back at her and I saw his eyes swell up and he called to her and she jumped into him arms.

He didn't quit the K-9 force but he didn't use Sadie either. He did train her but he trained her for guard duty at his home in the country to protect his wife and children while he was working. His property if completely cyclone fenced with gates and on the front gate a sign reads "K-9 officer on duty. Enter at your own risk". Anyone that wants to visit him or family calls first. I have seen her about 3 times since I gave her to him. She turned out to be one awesome Doby for sure............ :cheers:

Great story. Office is blessed to have a friend like you.