7.62x39 Shortage?

Walmart gets 10-20 boxes or so of the Tulammo in a week. I try to grab it when I see it but it goes quick. I've been shooting the Monarch stuff from academy and had no problems with it. They never have it in the store but have free shipping with $25 purchase online.

No, there's no shortage. I personally only buy in bulk. Many 7.62x39 shooters prefer Russian Golden Tiger ammo for overall accuracy and sealed primers for long term storage. Golden Tiger is usually only available at SGAMMO.com.

A thread from the AK Files suggests Walmart has started stocking TULA in 40 round boxes instead of 20. YMMV

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249215

Edited by dangerdawg
  • Like 2

I finally got an AK and there is no 7.62x39 ammo to be found anywhere except in 1000 round bulk cases. Is this a recent thing or still a shortage from the panic?

I agree, stocking up on ammo in those little 1000 round packs takes forever ...

• Like 2

I agree, stocking up on ammo in those little 1000 round packs takes forever ...

It does when you just bought the rifle a couple of days ago and don't have $150+ to drop on a case just yet.  I just want a couple of boxes to run out to the range and try it out.  I presumed that I would be able to at least find a handful of the 20 round boxes somewhere.  I'm just surprised that there is so much 5.56mm around but not 7.62x39mm.  I'll definitely pick up some of the sealed bulk spam cans as time passes.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • Like 1

No, there's no shortage. I personally only buy in bulk. Many 7.62x39 shooters prefer Russian Golden Tiger ammo for overall accuracy and sealed primers for long term storage. Golden Tiger is usually only available at SGAMMO.com.

A thread from the AK Files suggests Walmart has started stocking TULA in 40 round boxes instead of 20. YMMV

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249215

Love me some Golden Tiger. . theres also yugo m67 to be had at sgammo. . .