Doctor's Inappropriate Question

Gun Smith

I'm so frustrated with how this admin treats our veterans.  This single misdeed alone makes Obama, my most hated president.

I've never served in the military and because I did not I really feel a huge obligation those who did. 

We all should and I'm sure most on this board if not all do appreciate our service members.

My dad is trying to help a young man with so many PTSD issues and the VA won't help him out because he's had too many alcoholic relapses.  

I guess I'd relapse too if I shot a taliban fighter in the head and then the bullet passed thru and killed a little girl that was exactly the same age as my daughter.  It broke him and he can't get help for it.

That's BS!

Because my doctor is not connected to any other medical facility and has an all female staff she thought it appropriate to put all of her employees through an extensive training course which she paid for and also paid for all of their HCP's. She knows that because her office is a free standing facility that it is also a target for some dope heads that thinks they may have drugs on the premises. She actually holds drills after hours and every employee knows what their job will be should an incident take place. I feel very safe while I am at my doctors office. We have had long talks over the years regarding this issue. She is also totally against drug companies practicing medicine without a license by being allowed to advertise on Television. She has refused to fill any prescriptions that a patient  walks into her office and requests until she has examined the patient thoroughly to be sure the drug will actually benefit that patient. She will also explain every side effect that the medication can cause to make sure the patient is aware that there are many side effects now days in medications that can be far worse then the help they might give. I see new stuff advertised every day on TV. If a person suffered from an ingrown toenail the side effects many times can cause death. That is crazy stupid. I love my doctor......................... :bowrofl:

I've been asked and I figure that question is not relevant or necessary for my doctor to provide medical care, thus I do not provide an affirmative answer.  That is none of their business as far as I am concerned.  If they are worried about gun safety or the potential for someone to use a firearm to harm themselves or others, they are better off doing what the police do and go ahead and assume all people have guns and respond accordingly.  

I

I have not been asked by the VA or by the hospital on-post.  If they ever do my answer is N/A, would hate to be later charged with lying on a Federal Form because O decided to have the ATF pursue such matters.

have never been asked in writing, only verbally. If in writing I think this is the appropriate response for sure.

BHO's surgeon general believes gun violence is a disease, so I guess it's like rabies and owning a rabid dog.

The level of mental defect in some people is truly amazing

I agree with that. It is a mental disease but it's not owning a gun that is the cause. It's the "urban thug"  lifestyle and religious zealotry that is the cause. 

My doctor has never ask if I own a gun because when I go to her office I am wearing one. She has a free standing office not connected to any medical facility and she has a complete female staff. She did tell me one day that everyone except her receptionist is armed. I asked her what she carried and she opened her doctors coat to give me a glance at her Kimber. She said it is none of the Governments business what her patients medical records are and she still practices Doctor/Patient Confidentiality. That is why I drive 55 miles one way to see her every 3 months for past 18 years...................... :cheers:

My questions are-- What town is she located in, and is she accepting new patients? Sounds like my kind of MD. :usa:

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 3

My questions are-- What town is she located in, and is she accepting new patients? Sounds like my kind of MD. :usa:

She is located in Springfield TN and she stopped taking on new patients about 8 or more years ago. You have to book your next appointment before you leave her office from the present visit while your there because her office stays booked 2 months in advance............... :shrug: