This double barreled handgun folds up to look like a smartphone

The Legion

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/03/24/this-double-barreled-handgun-folds-up-to-look-like-smartphone.html?intcmp=hpff

1458837814504.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Published March 24, 2016

Created by a Minnesota company called Ideal Conceal, the first product created by the startup is a handgun that can be disguised as a smartphone inside a case. Built into a single frame, the grip of the double barreled, .380 caliber pistol folds down and locks into place when opened. When closed, the trigger and trigger guard are completed covered by the grip, thus offering up the appearance of a standard smartphone case. There's also a clip to attach the handgun to a belt, but in the disguised smartphone form.

Similar to the size and shape of a smartphone, the folded Ideal Conceal can be easily slipped into a pants pocket or purse when not in use. Of course, anyone carrying the pistol will need to check state and local laws related to concealed carry regulations. All 50 states have passed regulations regarding carrying concealed firearms, some of which require a permit from the government.

Detailed on the company site, the creator of the pistol writes "The idea for Ideal Conceal follows the present-day demand for handguns that people can carry on a day to day basis, in a manner that makes carrying a gun easy to do. From soccer moms to professionals of every type, this gun allows you the option of not being a victim."

At this time, the pistol is still being developed by Ideal Conceal and isn't in production as of yet. The creator of the smartphone-styled handgun, Kirk Kjellberg, believes the the pistol will be available by mid-2016 and has set a $395 MSRP for the weapon. Detailed within an interview with CNNMoney, Kjellberg has already received roughly 2,500 emails from people that want to purchase the pistol. Assuming all interested parties purchase at least one pistol, that would generate nearly one million in sales for the company in 2016.

I read sometime ago the LEO was trained to think cell phones might be a firearm.

I carry an old flip phone, not that kind, LEO wont think mine is a firearm. That said

they will look very hard at a smart phone from now on.

So next time someone "pulls" a smart phone to get a video of LEO

doing their job things could go bad fast.

• Like 1

The "Ideal Conceal" is yet another instance of a manufacturer using current technology influenced by social trends to build a "visible but invisible". firearm.  Many different ideas for concealed carry are found every year at the SHOT Show.  I have attended the show a few times and have always been amazed at the "concept" firearms on display.  Some, like this one, are novel in their approach to concealment.  Another that I saw a few years ago was a single-shot 9mm firearm that was so small it made me wonder if the user could ever expect to hit a target that was farther away than breath-smelling distance.  It was designed for ultra deep operatives.  Some of the manufacturers will be taking orders and others are asking only for feedback on their product.  It is always fun watching the different vendors banter over who has the better mousetrap.

Stumpy.

I still remember all the furour over the Cell Phone gun quite a few years ago... cell-phone-gun-2.jpg

A lot of this stuff is smoke and mirrors, scare tactics and grandstanding. I never encountered an improvised gun, zip gun or disguised gun during my LE career. It's really more of a why when these disguised guns are mentioned because it's kind of pointless but people like to read about it.