Can a Muslim be a good American

Of course, the very same thing could be said for Christians. 

Theologically, No. Their allegiance is to Jesus and not the Constitution.

Religiously, No. No other religion is accepted. Jesus said "I am -the- way, -the- truth and -the- light. As pastors love to point out, he didn't say one of many. 

Scripturally, No. His allegiance is to Christianity, God's laws and church doctrine. I remember hearing numerous pastors preach about following God's law, even when it conflicts with the laws of the world. Kim Davis was an example of this, breaking the law because of what she believed.

Geographically*, No.  His allegiance is to Israel, for Yahweh is the God of Israel. Many Christians make a pilgrimage to the holy land every year, and a large portion of Christianity takes it's marching orders directly from The Vatican. 

Socially, No. Christianity teaches to be in the world, but not of the world. That's a fairly clear directive that Christians should 'maintain their distance' so to speak. 

Politically, No. Again, Christians are instructed to follow God's law above all others. When they vote to enact legislation based of the Bible, they are forcing their religious beliefs and morals onto everyone. While they haven't yet required people to pray the sinner's prayer or go to jail, forcing others to behave in accordance with your interpretation of religious right and wrong by making it law is conversion by force, no different than forcing someone to convert at gunpoint. 

Domestically, No. Christians are instructed that adulterous wives, heretics, blasphemers, etc should be stoned to death. They are also allowed to keep slaves, but instructed to be good masters. 

Intellectually, No. Christians cannot accept the Constitution because it does not follow God's laws. It is based on principles that can be found in the Bible, but can also be found in the texts used by a wide variety of religions and societies all the way back to Hammurabi's Code. Christians feel they must control the country by limiting everything not specifically spelled out in the Constitution in accordance with their religion. 

Philosophically, No. Christianity does not allow freedom of religion, as it says it is the only way. Christians have fought numerous battles to have their religious symbols placed in government buildings. 

Spiritually, No. The Pledge of Allegiance was originally written to say "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all". Christians were not okay with such a secular pledge and in 1954 managed to have the words "Under God" added to it. 

*Geographically? How can anyone be a geographically good anything?  :bowrofl:

Probably need to separate out what you are attributing to Christianity that is really Judaism. The laws in the old Testament about owning slaves and stoneing women, ect  really don't apply to those living under the blood of Jesus.

The derp is strong in this thread. :rolleyes:

If a Muslim can't be a good American, someone really should let the ones who have volunteered for military service know, plus the firefighters, EMS, police etc. Imagine being quiet and content with serving your country or community only to realize you're inadequate due to religious beliefs. Boy will there be egg on their faces :rofl:

As an aside, I doubt highly that ISIS will have to continue recruiting any moderates in the next few years, with the mentality some of you have, you'll do a perfectly good job turning a moderate into a radical all on your own. I wonder if ISIS is banking on that with their message of fear and terror..... Nah, stupid idiots.

• Like 7

I'll bite.  What pray tell do you mean by "infiltrated" our political institutions?  Credible sources, please.

John Brennan, current head of CIA converted to Islam while stationed in Saudi Arabia.

Obama's top advisor, Valerie Jarrett, is a Muslim who was born in Iran where her parents still live.

Hillary Clinton's top advisor, Huma Abedin is a Muslim, whose mother and brother are involved in the now outlawed Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for Homeland Security, Arif Alikhan, is a Muslim.

Homeland Security Advisor, Mohammed Elibiary, is a Muslim.

Obama advisor and founder of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, Salam al-Marayati, is a Muslim.

Obama's Sharia Czar, Imam Mohamed Magid, of the Islamic Society of North America is a Muslim.

Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships, Eboo Patel, is a Muslim.

And last but not least, our closet Muslim himself, Barack Hussein Obama.

It's questionable if Obama ever officially took the oath of office when he was sworn in. He didn't repeat the oath properly to defend our nation and our Constitution. Later the Democrats claimed he was given the oath again in private?

CIA director John Brennan took his oath on a copy of the Constitution, not a Bible.

Congressman, Keith Ellison took his oath on a copy of the Qur'an.

Congresswoman Michele Bachman was vilified and almost tarred and feathered by Democrats when she voiced her concern about Muslims taking over our government.

Considering all these appointments, it would explain why Obama and his minions are systematically destroying our nation, supporting radical Muslim groups worldwide, opening our southern border, and turning a blind eye to the genocide being perpetrated on Christians all over Africa and the Middle East.

The more damage Obama does, the more arrogant he's become!

Our nation and our government has been infiltrated by people who want to destroy us. It can only get worse!

Edited by Ron_TN
  • Like 1

Have you ever noticed our president will not attend or go into a catholic church service. 

I hadn't actually. :shrug: Then again its been probably 2.5 decades since I've been in one either so not sure what the point is here?

Did he ever claim to be catholic?

• Like 1

Funny how he don't do Christian funerals....might be that those crosses scare him........... :biglol:

Muslim or not...and I'm not totally sure myself; Obama is by far the worst man every in that office for this country.

• Like 2

I am not crazy about Muslims and Sharia law.. In fact I hate both , because what they stand for.If any religion was  only for at home use and not to further any agendas, we would have a much quieter and safe place to live it. Religion and the different books of  " godly laws and guidelines" have started more wars and killed more people than anything else. I dont care what you believe in or dont believe in actually. Just treat a human being with respect and dignity, treat woman good and stop hacking off people`s head because they do not believe in a book like you do....

• Like 2

Just my  :2cents: on this is, there is good and bad in all religions. There are good and bad in non religious people.  I know some Muslims that are not at all radical and would never become radicalized regardless of what the Quran says. I also know folks that are not religious( Not Atheists) just not religious that are good upstanding people in their community. I also know some Muslims that my good Muslim friends have warned me about and I know some religious people that are in church everytime the door is open but treat people like S--IT in public and the work place. So my conclusion is treat others as you want to be treated, always beware of your surroundings and stay armed and alert.................... :up:  

• Like 4