Where are the sheep?!

Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere.... I looked at the other forums and didn't really see one that fit. Just wondering, why is there no outcry for tighter knife controls and a whole movement with headlines and bans on right to carry or the dangerous abilities of knives to leap off the counter and stab people uncontrollably after the Japanese knife attack which left 19 people dead. http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/world/japan-knife-attack-deaths/index.html

While I agree with your sentiment, here are my thoughts.

1) We generally don't have "mass stabbings". While murder is murder, those on the anti side do not see it that way. They see "gun violence", nothing else really matters to them.

2) Knives are not the greatest threat to an oppressive government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, BlackHawk93 said:

Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere.... I looked at the other forums and didn't really see one that fit. Just wondering, why is there no outcry for tighter knife controls and a whole movement with headlines and bans on right to carry or the dangerous abilities of knives to leap off the counter and stab people uncontrollably after the Japanese knife attack which left 19 people dead. http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/world/japan-knife-attack-deaths/index.html

They are, and have been: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

• Authorized Vendor

They are busy trying to appease the Bernie voters at the moment and looking for someone to head the DNC all the while trying to make the Hildebeast look like anything other than the lying, crooked, backstabbing liberal that she is.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, DWARREN123 said:

It's not about gun control, it's about people control. That is why they push so hard to ban instead of trying to fix the problem.

Gun control ALWAYS come first though.....just a thought. Well....you can't have the second without the first I guess is what I'm saying? Crap. I'm gonna pour another glass of wine and read this again. LOL

Edited by Randall53
9 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

They are busy trying to appease the Bernie voters at the moment and looking for someone to head the DNC all the while trying to make the Hildebeast look like anything other than the lying, crooked, backstabbing liberal that she is.

And if you listen to Bill extolling on all the virtues and accomplishments of Hillary tonight...you'd have to think that Hillary was responsible for everything that was ever done in Arkansaw and Washington.

• Like 1

As someone else pointed out, there are efforts to ban/restrict knives.  These seem to be happening largely in places like the U.K. where, surprisingly, taking away everyone's gun rights has only resulted in the small segment of the population who want to commit murder finding other ways of doing so.  I have even heard of legislation being proposed there (not sure if it passed or not) which basically required most (all?) kitchen knives to have rounded tips instead of being pointed to make it harder for a person to get stabby with them.

As many others have said before me, you'd think it would be easier just to go ahead and make murder illegal.  Oh, wait...

• Like 1
  • Moderators
As someone else pointed out, there are efforts to ban/restrict knives.  These seem to be happening largely in places like the U.K. where, surprisingly, taking away everyone's gun rights has only resulted in the small segment of the population who want to commit murder finding other ways of doing so.  I have even heard of legislation being proposed there (not sure if it passed or not) which basically required most (all?) kitchen knives to have rounded tips instead of being pointed to make it harder for a person to get stabby with them.

As many others have said before me, you'd think it would be easier just to go ahead and make murder illegal.  Oh, wait...

Reminds me the time in Economics in High School that we were having the conversation on what could be done to prevent stabbing people. A kid got stabbed by another by a SAK.

My reply to the teacher and class perhaps they could just make stabbing people illegal.

Turns out it already was, who knew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk