Montana nullifies 0bamacare

Sam1

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/11/montana-voters-nullify-obamacare-mandates/

[quote][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Tonight another state puts a firm boot on the neck of Washington D.C.[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
The “Montana Health Care Freedom Act” otherwise known as Referendum 122, prohibits the state and federal governments from requiring the purchase of health insurance or imposing any penalty, tax, fee or fine on those who do not purchase health insurance.[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
The prohibition does have some restrictions, but the good thing about this…these rules are being set by the state of Montana, not the the Federal Government .[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
Referendum 122 Passed 66% YES to 34% NO[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
This makes Montana the 3rd state to nullify Obamacare after the SCOTUS decision that called it “constitutional” this summer.[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
The interesting thing about Montana’s nullification measure is the wording…[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
[b]THE LAW READS[/b][/size][/font][/color][indent][color=#515151][font=inherit]
The state or federal government MAY NOT:
(a) mandate or require a person or entity to purchase health insurance coverage as
defined in 33-22-140; or
(B) impose a penalty, tax, fee, or fine of any type if a person or entity declines to
purchase health insurance coverage.[/font][/color][/indent][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
This Law is effective January 1, 2013. Exactly one year prior to the proposed implementation of Obamacare.[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
The People of Montana have spoken loud and clear, and the message is…[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
We don’t need no stinkin’ permission to exercise our rights![/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
[b]ACTION STEPS[/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
If you want to get involved in leading a health care nullification movement in your state, click[url="http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/volunteer/"] HERE[/url].[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
For more information on health freedom legislation across the U.S., click[url="http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/nullification/health-care/"] HERE[/url].[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
For information on health care nullification legislation, click[url="http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/nullification/health-care-nullification-act/"] HERE[/url].[/size][/font][/color][color=#515151][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
For model health care nullification legislation, click[url="http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/legislation/federal-health-care-nullification-act/"] HERE[/url].[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

• Like 1
That needs to happen in as many states as possible. That's good push back.

There is talk among several states to not implement some kind of risk pools, mandated by Obamacare, and
it is a part that is not funded by the law. It was said it would effectively cripple the entire law. Nullification may
go better. I wish we heard something out of TN legislature or Haslam about this.
[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1352571848' post='843174']
Someone tell me why the U.S. House, which writes the budget, couldn't simply submit a budget that doesn't fund ObamaCare? He won't sign it, the Senate probably won't pass it, but I feel the House should pass it and stick to it.
[/quote]
Budget? What budget? We haven't had one in 3-4 years. what is it called? continuing resolution. Hell, I don't
know how we are running anything in this country.
Your idea was tossed out by a few pols if the senate went Republican. I'm thinking Reid will toss any budget
the House submits, just like he has been during the first term of communism.
[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1352571848' post='843174']
Someone tell me why the U.S. House, which writes the budget, couldn't simply submit a budget that doesn't fund ObamaCare? He won't sign it, the Senate probably won't pass it, but I feel the House should pass it and stick to it.
[/quote]There are many reasons, not the least of which is that, collectively, the current House of Representatives, which is the only part of Congress that could refuse to fund it, doesn't have the balls to do anything like that.

Even if they did, there is NO law that is going to stop Obama from doing what he wants to do.
  • Like 1
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352574903' post='843214']
What makes anyone think the Obamacare isn't going to be the law of the land whether the "states" like it or not and regardless of what laws any of they pass? I'm not saying they shouldn't do it but I think it's a totally useless gesture.

Our one and only chance to stop it ended last Tuesday.
[/quote]Somewhat correct. My thought is that it will very much become an issue of state's rights, much like the pre-civil war.
The side that wanted States Rights may have lost the war, but it certainly made sure no one wanted to fight that fight again.
If the states say ObamaCare is over…. It’s over. States’ Rights did away with the “Right to bear” part of the 2nd amendment; I think it can kick ObamaCare to the curb.
[quote name='gjohnsoniv' timestamp='1352575250' post='843220']
Somewhat correct. My thought is that it will very much become an issue of state's rights, much like the pre-civil war.
[/quote]The concept of "states' rights" is an old one; and I don't mean a couple of decades old but even as old as the late 1700s and early 1800s; there have been many disagreements in our country over the issue since its founding; one issue resulted in a civil war.

The idea that the sates can tell the Federal government what it can go do to itself is an argument that, at least as a practical matter, ended a long time ago and today, the only "rights" a state truly has is what the Federal government allows it to have with power backed up by SCOTUS.

More to the point, what few states might actually have the balls to try to defy the Federal government are so few that there is no way they can stand up to the Obama administration.
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352579557' post='843250']
The concept of "states' rights" is an old one; and I don't mean a couple of decades old but even as old as the late 1700s and early 1800s; there have been many disagreements in our country over the issue since its founding; one issue resulted in a civil war.

The idea that the sates can tell the Federal government what it can go do to itself is an argument that, at least as a practical matter, ended a long time ago and today, the only "rights" a state truly has is what the Federal government allows it to have with power backed up by SCOTUS.

More to the point, what few states might actually have the balls to try to defy the Federal government are so few that there is no way they can stand up to the Obama administration.
[/quote]Yes, true, but it only takes one really confident person to lead the charge and give everyone the courage to follow.
[quote name='gjohnsoniv' timestamp='1352570595' post='843156']
Haslam won't do anything of the sort, 6.8.
[/quote]If enough states join in, he would do it in a heartbeat. He is a follower, not a leader. Don't kid yourself
into thinking he wouldn't, just because we don't like him. He would follow the prevailing wind of the moment.