Good deals on S&W Shield??

jonnnyboy

I've decided that I would like to get a Shield in 9mm.  I've checked online and located a few pretty good deals but thought I would ask if anyone had run across a local gunstore in the West Tennessee area that had Shields at "online competitive" pricing?

thankis

j

I know you said local......but I got mine here http://www.gunbuyer.com/p-59953-smith-wesson-mp-shield-9mm-3-7181-3dot-no-safety-melonite-finish-single-stack-10035.aspx..free shipping...I used www.patriotdefensearms.com for the FFL (lakeland), I order it on a tuesday or wendsday picked up the gun on firday about 3pm.

$20.00 transfer fee

$10.00 tn backgound check

I got one with a the extra safey cost the same

Edited by ou812

I've decided that I would like to get a Shield in 9mm.  I've checked online and located a few pretty good deals but thought I would ask if anyone had run across a local gunstore in the West Tennessee area that had Shields at "online competitive" pricing?

thankis

j

I've never found anyone around here that has near online pricing...

I've been thinking of selling my Shield, but haven't quite brought myself to do it even though I haven't even shot it in 6 months… its a great gun, but I don't really use it any more since I got a little 9mm 1911 thats barely any bigger.  Its definitely a good gun to buy, but I don't think your going to be able to buy one locally for a decent price.  In fact I don't think you can buy any new gun locally for a decent price.

I normally look at Grabagun.com first, never seen local prices anywhere close.  Looks like $379+$6 for shipping there right now… then whatever transfer fee and background check you pay.  Watch out for some of the cheaper places that will be $5 - $10 cheaper, then try to charge $30+ for shipping.

• Like 1

I've been watching Bud's, Kentucky Gun Co and Palmetto State Armory pretty closely.  Every so often they run a pretty good sale but I thought if there were a local source, I might try to keep it in state on this one.  I talked to the guys at King's in Columbia and they have a special for Law Enforcement.  I have firefighter creds so that may be my best option if I want to take a long afternoon drive.  I will probably be going that way in August but I just hate to wait.  LOL.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me, guys.

j

I bought mine at Guns and Ammo and was surprised when the price on the tag was the "out the door" price. (included tax and background check). I don't know if I stumbled onto a special they were having or if that's their normal deal.  It has been 6-8 months so I can't even remember what I paid for it.

Also, right across the street from G&A there is a pawn shop that is really a gun store in disguise and usually has some good prices.

That $339.00 is about the best price going currently. It's the same current price at Georgia Gun Store (Gainsville, GA) where I purchased mine.

My NS 9mm ran me $369.00 including shipping and transfer/TICS etc through my FFL. iirc they were listed at $329.00 when I ordered mine.

Now my only gripe is that a spare recoil spring assembly is darn hard to find! :wall:

Quantico Tactical has decent spare mag prices.

http://quanticotactical.com/asp/itemDetail.asp?dispItemNum=2891&type=M&CMN=Smith%20and%20Wesson&CMNum=142&CMSNum=679&CMSN=Magazines

• 1 month later...

I also got in on the $339 deal at Gunbuyer.com.  I was pretty amazed how long that sale lasted from the time I first saw it posted here.  Free shipping was nice.  Only another $30 at my FFL and it was mine.

Shot about 50 through it so far.  Very nice shooting pistol.  Great point-shot ergos.  Trigger is heavy, but not bad.  It will break in.  Recoil is easily manageable in such a small pistol.

I echo "Prag's" comments about the recoil spring assy.  Mine is a little bent already and apparently as noted on the S&W forum, they are typically on backorder as a warranty replacement. 

I will add my name to this list.