Craftsmanship is still alive and well..

Hozzie

I am usually not one to get too excited about my rests and things like that, but this one is pretty impressive, enough so that I though some others may be interested in it, at least from the craftsmanship standpoint.  It is one of those very specific needs and limited mostly to rimfire benchrest use, but craftsmanship is craftsmanship, and this is pretty impressive in my opinion.

In the Rimfire BR game, there are only a few major players in the one piece rest market.  One of the competitors who is also a machinist started making his own version of a pretty common design.  I am having a new benchrest gun built and decided to go full out ready for competition.  I just received the rest today and had to share.  

First clue on how someone values their work can be seen by how they protect it in shipping.  This thing fit like a glove in this box.  I may use it as a carry case for it.

IMG_0255.JPG

The entire rest.  All Aluminum except for a few wear plates which are bronze and the delrin in a few areas.  

IMG_0256.JPG

For reduced friction and tracking, this is a new style top with roller bearings.

IMG_0257.JPG

and last, but not least, all micro controls are at the rear of the rest for easy access while shooting.   

IMG_0258.JPG

Now just to wait for my rifle to get done.  I am excited to run this thing through its paces.

Anyone else around here into Rimfire BR (ARA or PSL).

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 3

Thanks.  It was expensive, but when considering the quality, not as bad as you may think.  I am learning quickly, Rimfire BR is not a cheap endeavor, but then again I don't know much in the competition gun arena that is cheap.

I wish there was some ARA or PSL matches in Middle TN, but there aren't.  They have them in Chattenooga and Bowling Green, KY, as well as in Paducah, KY.  I think there may even be a few more places in KY where they have them.  

I would love to even start some matches around here, but belonging to a members only range makes it hard to start something where you could draw people from a decent distance.  

As to the gun, it will be a Stiller Precision 2500x action, Shilen Ratchet barrel, Flavio Trigger, and Lidgard stock.  Richard Gorham is doing the metal work and I had Tom Meredith do the bedding.  The only bad part is that I won't be able to blame the equipment.  :pleased:

Here is a pic of the stock.

IMG_0213.JPG

Edited by Hozzie

I wish there was some ARA or PSL matches in Middle TN, but there aren't.  They have them in Chattenooga and Bowling Green, KY, as well as in Paducah, KY.  I think there may even be a few more places in KY where they have them.  

I would love to even start some matches around here, but belonging to a members only range makes it hard to start something where you could draw people from a decent distance.  

As to the gun, it will be a Stiller Precision 2500x action, Shilen Ratchet barrel, Flavio Trigger, and Lidgard stock.  Richard Gorham is doing the metal work and I had Tom Meredith do the bedding.  The only bad part is that I won't be able to blame the equipment.  :pleased:

Here is a pic of the stock.

IMG_0213.JPG

Beautiful!!!

Williamson. Got a Sightron SIII 10-50x for now. I have another SIII and really like it. Considered a Nightforce 15-55, but just couldn't bring myself to part with that much just yet.

Once I get it and start heading to some competitions, I would love to find some guys who may be interested in going as well. Some shoots may require an overnight stay, but some will certainly be able to be a day trip. Edited by Hozzie

Kettlefoot shoots indoor RF matches each Thursday night right after our ATA Big 50 trap event.  Some guys haul in 3-4 different rifles in order to compete in each of 5 (I think) divisions.  Get to see some fine pieces of workmanship.  Kettlefoot hosts several ARA matches, as well as a bunch of IR 50/50 matches every year.