Black Friday....

gregintenn

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

There ought to be some pretty impressive deals on gun related stuff this year, wouldn't you say?

Man, I hope so. I've still got my eye on a Walther PPS M2, that I'm still trying to convince my self that I can afford it somehow.

No luck thus far, LOL.  Being poor is a B - - - h.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Grunt67 said:

Man, I hope so. I've still got my eye on a Walther PPS M2, that I'm still trying to convince my self that I can afford it somehow.

No luck thus far, LOL.  Being poor is a B - - - h.

If I had your money; I'd burn mine!:D

• Like 1

I don't really have anything on my list, but I'll keep an eye out in case a good deal shows up.

I am buying an Inline Fabrication quick change mount and some other stuff from him. They run a 15% off coupon every year it seems.

The only other Black Friday sales I am interested in is what Home Depot will list. I am looking for a new drill, and plan on a Rigid with their lifetime service agreement that includes batteries. My 7 year old Hitachi 18v drill has been great, but one battery won't hold a charge and the second is short lived. I can get a new drill for roughly the cost of a new Hitachi battery.

2 hours ago, jonathon1289 said:

The only other Black Friday sales I am interested in is what Home Depot will list.

Lowes has HD beat hands-down on their Black Friday process. HD keeps their ad secret and sends threatening legal messages to sites like BFAds.net to keep them from posting it. That makes it hard to plan a Friday morning shopping excursion because I have to reconfigure my approach if HD has something I really really want. Then you have to be in store or online at Oh-No-Its-Too-Early-o-Clock. Good luck getting the good stuff without getting in line well before sunrise if your HD is busy at all*.

Lowes releases their ad early and then opens up the deals to online shopping all day Thanksgiving Day. I shop online Thursday at Lowes.com then show up at any time on Friday to pick up my order. I expect the Lowes ad to be on BFAds.net any day now.

Fortunately, I've managed to get all the shopvacs and 4'-5' ladders I'll ever need. Those are the perennial door busters that go fast at both HD and Lowes.

*My parents used to live in Jasper, AL. I got up early on a Black Friday to hit HD and the only people there when it opened were the workers and a couple of old guys drinking coffee picking up some lumber for a weekend project. The next year I knew better than to get up too early. They still had plenty of everything by 10am. I don't miss driving down there for the holidays, but I do miss that lack of a crowd on Black Friday.

Edited by monkeylizard
3 hours ago, jonathon1289 said:

@monkeylizard I agree, the HD ad was already yanked this week. I'm not waking up early for anything, but one of those Rigid drills will be mine if the online sale is decent.

Just search on facebook for 2016 home depot black friday ad. Once something is posted to the internet, it will never be stopped.

My buddy who is a manager at Lowes told me that getting their deals online is the best way because they have a crew come in thanksgiving night that pulls all the orders from the store stock before they open Friday. I am honestly hoping to do this at most stores and there's only a few that I'd like to grab which are in store only deals (most being at HD ironically.)