.223/.22 Pellet Adaptor

10 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Hey Mac, if you want a bunch of primed cases stop by sometime. I can manage to put together a fair amount from brass I will never get to. Or, if you want I can slightly enlarge the primer pocket of one case so you can seat the primer with your fingers.

Apparently this needs the shotgun primers for enough power? And then three fairly precise little dings toward the mouth to keep pellet from going to far into case or whatever. Lotta work to make a bunch of them would seem.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
4 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Apparently this needs the shotgun primers for enough power? And then three fairly precise little dings toward the mouth to keep pellet from going to far into case or whatever. Lotta work to make a bunch of them would seem.

- OS

I could make you a bunch of primed cases or a couple with the primer pockets opened up.

Either way the offer is there.

1 hour ago, Photoguy67 said:

I am picturing someone trying to explain to the police that it's only a pellet rifle, then getting arrested. Looks like trouble waiting to happen.

In many places, even pellet rifles are illegal to fire, at least in the city limits (not in Clarksville).  So if you can have a pellet rifle, you can have a real one.  But I would need something for the backyard, I need to thin out the tree rat population a smidge, so stealth is the name of the game here.  I would need something with a low report, and shorter range of course, so this may just be the ticket. 

43 minutes ago, kieefer said:

I'm thinkng a nice pellet rifle would be simpler and more fun.

I have a pump, break barrel style.177, or maybe .22 (can't recall) pellet rifle but its not the best out there.  It is very inconsistent and with the site mounting options it is limited there as well.  It is also very loud for a pellet rifle, at least it seems like it to me.  I seem to remember my bb/pellet rifles being quieter.  Reloading would be much simpler, even if assembling the round each time, so I think I will make a handful, about 10 or so. 

One of the reviews says it has an o-ring in the primer pocket, I wonder if its recessed or just sitting at the bottom, or even required?

Basically, you get a reamed out 223 Primer casing with O rings and little dents in the neck so your pellet does not go too far down for $13 bucks

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

I could make you a bunch of primed cases or a couple with the primer pockets opened up.

Either way the offer is there.

As always, appreciate your largess, but doubt I'd mess with it. I have a .177 pellet rifle and pistol, and always reluctant to add another caliber. ;)

- OS

• Admin Team

I don't know that I have any .22 caliber pellets laying around to test it out, But I'd be willing to be on a bolt gun you could just insert a pellet into the breach end of the barrel like you would a normal pellet gun and just used a piece of primed brass.  A 209 primer might get you a little more velocity, but I bet a normal small rifle primer would do just fine.

I would probably work fine on an AR, too.  It's not like it's going to even begin to cycle the action.

23 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I don't know that I have any .22 caliber pellets laying around to test it out, But I'd be willing to be on a bolt gun you could just insert a pellet into the breach end of the barrel like you would a normal pellet gun and just used a piece of primed brass.  A 209 primer might get you a little more velocity, but I bet a normal small rifle primer would do just fine.

I would probably work fine on an AR, too.  It's not like it's going to even begin to cycle the action.

I seen a chart somewhere that shown the difference between .177 and .22 pellets (and other sizes) from multiple caliber center fire rifles using three type of primers and the 209 was much better but the others worked too.  I think it was on a YouTube linked with the video above, but I am in restricted mode here so can't link.  Will try at home unless someone else can.