Best 9mm List

Guest Dr. Pepper

Guest Dr. Pepper

Hey what do you guys think of this?

http://www.best9mm.com/

I ran across it a little while ago and felt like there was something fishy about it. But maybe not! And maybe you've all seen it already and this is just a rehashing of an old subject. And maybe these ARE the best nines out there....

The funny thing is (though it's not funny if they ARE the best nines in the whole world, but isn't this a subjective claim?), some guy on a weight-lifting forum said he bought the FNP-9 because it was the second best 9mm out there, and then he left the link for the above web site. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Yeah some of those I just can't see as being the "best" 9mm's. But it is the internet and some people take everything they read as fact even if its some random keyboard jockey's opinion.

The Hi-Power and the USP cost more than $550.

The rules: The guns must be great shooters, reliable, good quality, and cost less than $550 USD new from a gun dealer. The $550 rule will exclude many fine 9mm pistols and competition guns. If you don't agree or have other choices, you can sound off in the Guest Book. Enjoy.

The Hi-Power and the USP cost more than $550.

The rules: The guns must be great shooters, reliable, good quality, and cost less than $550 USD new from a gun dealer. The $550 rule will exclude many fine 9mm pistols and competition guns. If you don't agree or have other choices, you can sound off in the Guest Book. Enjoy.

Ah, I see... I didn't read the req's, I just glanced over the list.

Guest jackdog

I think the CZ75 based on price point and performance is a dang good pick myself. It is one of the sweetest shooting guns i have ever owned and points extremely well. I would easily rate it over a Glock and most of you know that I love Glocks.

Well, I have always heard that most experts do consider the CZ75 to be the best 9mm ever. I somehow don't see the High Point on that list though. I too have to question the lack of a Glock making that list. I know MSRP is higher on them but you rarely see them above $500.

Yeah the list is a farce. Anytime you put some price restriction on a list and call it best of, you are gonna get a skewed response. My HK P7's even 20 years old are more than $550. They right away exclude just about any German gun.

They lose cred saying the Taurus is just as good as the Beretta, no way. I have the Italian 92 and had a Taurus, not even close.

That said, I would say the Witness is as good as the CZ 75 and they are both among the best 9mm's ever made. They have great ergonomics, are extremely accurate and just handle beautifully. But, like the Beretta, if you want a list of great 9mm carry guns, they ain't it. Too big, too heavy for most folks to conceal comfortably. A bunch of stuff down toward the bottom of the list was just crap.

A bunch of that other stuff is simply individual preference. What works best for you. Get a good reliable well thought of gun that fits YOU. No matter how expensive, if it doesn't fit you, it's not worth crap to YOU. Sure some are better than others and some are great pistols, but they require tremendous practice to be a good shooter with.

It has often been my experience that the folks who scream the loudest about what the absolute bests are, are the folks who have shot the least variety of weapons, been shooting the least amount of time and have read the most magazines. Just my observation.

Guest HexHead
Wonder if it's really a "Best 9mm that we sell" list. You would think that the Browning Hi-Power would rank above anything that Stoeger makes/made.

His top price point was $550. Excluded lots of pistols including the HiPower.

Guest HexHead

They lose cred saying the Taurus is just as good as the Beretta, no way. I have the Italian 92 and had a Taurus, not even close.

Might not be that wide a chasm between the Taurus and a US made Beretta? I think everyone would agree the Italian made Berettas are more desirable.