The Whiskey and Spirits Thread

Raoul

Got to drink some of the 10-year Old Rip Van Winkle this afternoon...got some nice leaded crystal glasses and some huge ice cube trays for Christmas!  What a day...sitting out on the deck playing cards and drinking bourbon on 12/26!!!  Thanks again to Mike 357 for introducing us to the Van Winkle stuff - very good.  B

Old_Rip_Van_WInkle_IMG_2900.jpg

Edited by Bassoneer
  • Like 2

Added some Single Barrel Whistle Pig Straight Rye 10-year to the library...

i-7VbrJnP-XL.jpg

I also had a staffer suggest Jim Beam Black for something cheap to try.  I might go back for that this weekend.  It would have seemed weird walking out with the Whistle Pig and a $20 bottle of Beam.

This is in the glass here tonight! very good!

• Like 2

Men, if you aren't drinking Knob Creek single barrel (120) and falling down a flight of stairs and landing like a dead turkey then it isn't hard stuff. LOL Ask the Monkey about that one.

I actually like the Chattanooga 1816 Cask 113.9 proof. Really good and not too hot going down. Yall should give it a shot...no pun intended lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I actually like the Chattanooga 1816 Cask 113.9 proof. Really good and not too hot going down. Yall should give it a shot...no pun intended lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I might give that a look the next time I go shopping. All brown water is strictly for the Monkey. I don't drink much, but when I do, I drink vino. I just get a kick out of seeing his face when he gets new bottles.
Well TGO is a bunch of enablers! I mean, I have always enjoyed bourbons and really have an appreciation for fine bourbons at that. But never with the tenacity I have now!

I get that no bottle of Pappy is worth what the price demands on the secondary market, but Pappy 20 is like heaven dancing on my lips. I'd sure like to add a bottle to the library one day but I probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightening. So until then, I have tried many suggestions here. I have been able to acquire a few of the harder to find bourbons, Weller 107 and Stagg Jr. The rest of my library consists of much more accessible bourbons many of which I have not tried yet. Four Roses Single Barrel, Makers Cask Strength, Bakers, John Bowman, Elijiah Craig Small Batch, Jim Beam Single Barrel, Colonel EH Taylor Small Batch, Noah's Mill and one of my all time favorites, Lagavulin 16.
On my short list are more tastings from Heaven Hill would be the Elijaih Craig 18, 23 and barrel proof. I haven't found any of those around here.
I'd really like to aquire some of the super premiums at some point, Pappy, George T Stagg, and Van Winkle rye. So my fingers are crossed!
Anyways, I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. It is indeed a darn fine band of brothers we have here and I appreciate the knowledge and expertise passed along. Edited by Slappy
  • Like 2