Sign in to follow this  
Omega

self defence Sherrif Reccomends Concealed Weapons Permits

This is a prime example of why everyone needs to train with their weapon.  The Sherriff stresses that women especially need to arm themselves, but I have to add that everyone needs to arm themselves because in cases like this, it may not matter if you are male or female.  When startled in the middle of the night, one must be ready

https://www.wyff4.com/article/escaped-inmate-in-upstate-shot-killed-by-homeowner-other-inmate-in-custody-chief-deputy-says/25392155

• Like 3

Just goes to show that not all of NY is NYC.

Edit: I’m an idiot that doesn’t read everything completely. 

Edited by Chucktshoes

9 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Just goes to show that not all of NY is NYC. 

This happened in South Carolina, I'm not sure what the "upstate" is all about.  I am not sure a Sherriff from NY, even upstate would advocate CWP.

20 minutes ago, Omega said:

This happened in South Carolina, I'm not sure what the "upstate" is all about.  I am not sure a Sherriff from NY, even upstate would advocate CWP.

🤦‍♂️ 

😆

31 minutes ago, Omega said:

People from SC often refer to the upper part of the state as upstate. I only learned this recently. 

I applaud this lady for her actions in saving her life and using what she was taught plus getting a CWP for when she is not at home. I am also impressed that her one shot was a head shot. More stories like this need to be made far more public than they are. Chalk one up for the good guys and gals..................:up:

Edited by bersaguy

Glad to see or read about a good outcome in these types of situations.  Props to her for keeping her cool and aiming straight.  She really paid attention in class didn't she.  

Don't you know all the anti-gun people wet their panties when they watched and listened to that Sheriff almost celebrating a woman protecting herself with a firearm and killing the bad guy with a head shot in the middle of the night. Also telling folks that everyone should get a CWP and trained on how to defend themselves with a firearm...................:rock:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Saved herself, good job! Hope this does not mess with her too much.

I think she will do ok as long as anti gun people don't hammer her and she has the support of the sheriff and her family and friends.

3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

People from SC often refer to the upper part of the state as upstate. I only learned this recently. 

Yep, the Piedmont or Upstate. Generally all of SC north of I-85. Most of my family is from Spartanburg. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Erik88
      https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/conceal-carry-permits-surge-to-18-million-democrats-rush-to-get-too
      Some interesting numbers in this article. 
      Sorry about the font. I'm not able to fix on my phone.
      A nation on edge has driven a surge in concealed carry gun licenses, but those getting them aren’t the usual suspects.
      According to the United States Concealed Carry Association, which trains and insures those legally allowed to pack heat, there are now some 18 million with permits, up from 11 million four years ago.
      Founder and President Tim Schmidt estimates that up to 40 percent of his 300,000 members are Democrats. What’s more, he said that of another three million who have sought information from his group, half are Democrat.
    • By Ronald_55
      Has anyone looked into the classes Legal Heat runs at Cabela's. Looking into it, it is a 4 hour course with no range time or test. It says your permit will be issued from Utah or Arizona by mail. It says it covers Virginia too. Am I missing something? I know they are in Virginia, but it sounds like odd.
      Here is the event details from Cabela's site
      "Cabela's in Bristol has partnered with Legal Heat, the Nation's Leading Firearm Training Firm to provide concealed carry classes meeting the qualifying and documentation to obtain the Virginia CCW Permit, Utah CCW Permit, and the Arizona CCW Permit in a fun, non-intimidating class. These CCW permits allow combined concealed carry reciprocity in approximately 37+ states. Legal Heat's concealed carry class covers firearms safety, firearms handling, firearms transportation, firearms storage, ammunition self-defense laws, concealed carry techniques and much more. Legal Heat's firearm training instructors are all NRA and UTAH BCI certified, insured and among the most highly experienced in the industry and can answer your CCW questions. This course typically runs 4 hours. This Legal Heat course does not have a test or a range requirement. The Utah and Arizona permits are open to residents of any state and can be applied for by mail. You do NOT have to reside in the state of Utah or Arizona to qualify to apply. Register today for this fun and informative class. Seating may be limited.  https://mylegalheat.com/cabelas or 855-GUN-CLASS."
    • By TN_LPN1987
      Just wondering if your CCW is allowed to have a laser sight when you take the test to get your permit . I asked at my local range and the guy wasn't sure 

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

This is an example of a list.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines