hughd

"Template Error"

Anyone else getting this?

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, I am.  I have been having Facebook and iPad troubles also, I am not sure if any of it is related.

I have gotten it several times today using Safari.  I just reload the page and it goes away.

3 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Here also on Chrome in Android. 

Same. 

Ditto. Wondered what it was all about. But as Kahrman said, just reload and it went away.

Yep about 5-6 times since about 4 p.m. today. Both desk top and iPad.  Reloading page seems to work on my iPad but did not on my desk top earlier if I recall correctly

Invision Power released a new version of the software and then quickly deprecated one of the components that every IPBoard forum running the previous version used to "call home".  When they did this, it started throwing that template error.

I've upgraded us to the latest version of the software to fix that and take advantage of a myriad of other fixes and tweaks.

I found the problem. We had a bad banner ad file get uploaded at about the same time the forum software version was incremented. 

The fact that you guys said it started at a very specific time today helped me narrow it down.

Thank you!

• Like 3

Thank you @TGO David for putting in the work on what appears to have turned into a late evening to handle this. 

• Like 1