Sign in to follow this  
PAULSHOOT

German Sport Guns FIREFLY 22LR (ATI Import)

Liked the looks, features, and feel of FIREFLY   when first saw these a year or so ago at $189.99 (that day decided on the GSG 1911 22LR for $239.99).  BTW, you may know GSG made the Mosquito for Sig and Sig gave it up.

Anyway, for a Low Priced Gun Buyer like me to spend the extra $50 for the GSG was a struggle. BTW, I say Low Priced vs saying Cheap cause makes me feel better. LOL Might add the GSG 1911 is a "I LIKE", feels good, shoots good and accurate , basically reliable (a few hiccups now and then). 

Anyway, Smoky Mtn Gun & Ammo sent E Mail (get them near daily) on the FIREFLY for $159.99 with TWO MAGS (normally gun comes with one MAG).  Don't laugh cause it is a Robin Blue Color Slide (only one on sale, at least it ain't Pink).  Actually, I like the look - it's just that it is a bit "girly" looking.

I add U-Tube Reviews are not the best (AMMO SENSITIVE) but it is advertised as needing 22LR HV AMMO (think 1250FPS or over is recommended). It does come with am extra Recoil Spring for lower velocity AMMO (not sure that helps and I have not tried it). 

So far so good, cleaned and lubricated before the first shoot where I ran 4 different AMMOS (Remington Golden Bullet, only had 20 rounds of that, and Remington Thunderbolt, Federal AM Eagle, and Blazer (made by Spear, CCI)).  All worked OK in my mind, but did have three Fail To Fire (one with the Federal three trigger pulls that fired later when I inserted the round rotated to a different angle) and two Remington Thunderbolts (fired on the second trigger pull). 

The gun is single or double action, has a hammer release, slide safety, and easy breakdown lever.  Trigger pull is heavy double (I think advertised as around 11 or 12 lbs and around 7 lbs single action). I am not as accurate with it as the GSG 1911 (say 3 or 4 inch circle at 30 feet). FIREFLY might need a bit of sight adjustment as seem to get a bit left of target (but also get some on target.  BTW, I am not a 1 inch circle shooter at 30 feet, more like 4 inch circle (maybe 3 inch at my best). 

ANYWAY, main thing is so far I am satisfied at $159.99 with two MAGS. 

• Like 1