99.7 wwtn tune in now

Guest eyebedam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His Quote:

“In this era, the idea that there are places criminals can go and buy guns with no accountability, it doesn’t do my business any good and it doesn’t do law-abiding gun dealers any good,†Uselton said, referring to the loophole.

Sooo, maybe the paper did in fact twist his comments around, or he could be backstroking because word has gotten out and he wants OUR business........:koolaid:

Guest burninbarns

Yeah, if no one noticed, he (or at least someone using rick uselton as their SN) signed up a week or two ago.I figured it was some comedian that was going to use it for some funnys, but I never saw any posts from them so who knows.

- I must say that after hearing this interview, my opinion of Rick Uselton has changed.

I no longer think of him as a douche bag.....I think of him as a real big douche bag.:koolaid:

- The last caller wanted to know if he (Uselton) carried reloading supplies.

His answer, "I have a reloader with over 300 dyes, but no, I don't carry reloading supplies". Sounds like an inferiority complex to me. :poop:

- Yes this was clearly a damage control interview to boost business.

If he'd just lower his prices and keep his mouth shut, he'd do just fine.:2cents:

I have to say i am very proud. Ralph said he had Rick on to clarify his stance after he received a lot of angry e-mails when he started endorsing Rick! That was me (at least in part)! For anyone to say TGO, and the like, have no voice or influence think again. He had to go on a major Radio talk show to defend himself against his reputation here.

He did very little to change my mind. Rather he reinforced my suspicions he has no character. I can understand a paper twisting and taking out of context someones comments, but he was directly quoted. Now either the paper made those up completley, he is an idiot who got used, or he is a scumbag who got caught. You decide.

I try to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone, until they've done something to me, personally. I've never done business with him, so I have nothing good/bad to say. I do think their prices are high, but that's a personal business decision. Gun City's way high, too.

Guest malbolja

IMO, Rick would have been better off if he hadn't gone on the air. He sounded like a politician who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar trying to explain it away.

.... I can understand a paper twisting and taking out of context someones comments, but he was directly quoted. Now either the paper made those up completley, he is an idiot who got used, or he is a scumbag who got caught. You decide.

I gave Mr. Uselton the benefit of the doubt yesterday by saying this quote ""In this era, the idea that there are places criminals can go and buy guns with no accountability, it doesn’t do my business any good and it doesn’t do law-abiding gun dealers any good,” Uselton said, referring to the loophole." could have been misconstrued or misdirected by the reporter in the end of his quote. Upon pondering this further in the interest of trying to give a fellow Tennessee Gun Owner a break, I have no doubt Rick put his foot in his mouth and is now back stroking. It's clear to me now. The "doesn’t do my business any good and it doesn’t do law-abiding gun dealers any good" part reaffirms my original reaction that this is a greed driven stance. Furthermore, this quote in the same article “Not only is there no background check on the person purchasing the gun, there’s no record on the gun itself,” Rivergate Guns and Knives owner Rick Uselton said. “So the gun could be stolen and the person buying it back would never know.” confirms how Mr. Uselton really felt at the time he was interviewed.

I believe he would have had a better chance of coming out and saying " I goofed when being interviewed by the City Paper and retract both my statements and stance on the so called gun show loophole" rather than trying to convince the world he was simply mis quoted. Sorry Rick, I'm not buying it. Now If you actually do in fact sue the City Paper and/or it's reporter for grossly mis-quoting you and win, then I will be the first to not only make a public apology on this forum, but will come into your place of business and purchase a gun, even at your "Franklin" prices.