Post pictures of your: Evil Black Rifle

Guest Halfpint
You buying a transferable machine gun?!?!

... or are you talking about the one the Corps is lending you? ;)

Second one. Complete with "too-long-for-a-midget-like-me" A2 stock.

Some smart-mouth kid asked me the other day, the easiest way to get to shoot machine guns on a regular basis . . . my reply was simple.

"Enlist, and request infantry."

His mother almost had a heart attack. :D

(Sorry ... Learning how to post photo for first time) These are mine ...

Springfield M1A National Match I've had since early 1990. Bottom three rifles I've purchased since late January 2009. Each one with my wife's blessing! She's the coolest!

Two DPMS rifles and Sig Sauer .556. I'm working on shmoozing her towards the sights I'd like on the M4 and Sig ...

LongGunCollection.jpg

Guest Halfpint
Here Is my EBR - 16" HBAR .300 Whisper

IMGP1860.jpg

IMGP1862.jpg

.30 AR in a .223 platform. ;) I'm diggin it.

Standard AR mags? If so, how many rounds in a GI 30-rounder?

I'm not sure who made the upper, I bought it off gunbroker in '03. It seem that the seller was from the northwest, Idaho, maybe.

As for Magazines, the brass is .221 fireball with the neck expanded to .308, its essentially the same size as .223, 30 round AR mag hold 30 .300 Whisper. I've shot it with a Olympic lower when I first got it, but I gave that AR to my father in law. So, now I built this S&W M&P15 lower for it. I can't wait to get it to the range.

Guest Linoge

almostbomber2.jpg

almostbomber3.jpg

It ain't done yet, but I give you B.O.M.B.E.R.

A big thanks to the folks at Coal Creek Armory for figuring out that my buffer tube was too short. Never would have determined that myself, and I strongly recommend against buying CAA products in the future (on the CAA stock I have, the stock sling plate was too tall and obstructed the charging handle completely, the buffer tube was too long and the bolt could not come back far enough for the bolt catch to engage, and the magazine pouch will not positively hold on to a magazine).

Now all I need is the optics I have on backorder, and we will be set.

Finally finished my 6.8 build. Stag upper, Sabre lower, Magpul CTR (mil-spec), Millet DMS-1, YHM Customizable FF (specter length), YHM lo-pro gas block. Not pictured: YHM flip-up rear BUIS, Smith Vortex FH, Harris bi-pod.

Photo0098.jpg

A big thanks to a local gunsmith for his help. I just moved and didn't have my vise or a bench to put it on and not only did he remove the barrel nut (all I asked BTW) he went ahead and assembled everything for me while I waited. Cost me a whole $20 and 20 minutes of talking to Kahrman!;)

In contrast, I had gone up north (Springfield) and the guy wanted $85 and a 3 week wait. In all honesty I think he had plenty to keep him going and didn't need my little job, but I would have appreciated him just saying so.

almostbomber2.jpg

almostbomber3.jpg

It ain't done yet, but I give you B.O.M.B.E.R.

A big thanks to the folks at Coal Creek Armory for figuring out that my buffer tube was too short. Never would have determined that myself, and I strongly recommend against buying CAA products in the future (on the CAA stock I have, the stock sling plate was too tall and obstructed the charging handle completely, the buffer tube was too long and the bolt could not come back far enough for the bolt catch to engage, and the magazine pouch will not positively hold on to a magazine).

Now all I need is the optics I have on backorder, and we will be set.

Where did you get that Stock? a guy I work with has been looking for one like that for months

Guest VolMickey
.30 AR in a .223 platform. :) I'm diggin it.

Standard AR mags? If so, how many rounds in a GI 30-rounder?

I'd like to get me one of those M&P ARs. Pricey, though.

Guest VolMickey
I'm still trying to determine why my rifle is evil. I can only assume it's due to the "threatening" black color or the fact that it's in the legal possession of a highly trained special operations veteran.

SBR001.jpg

That shirt is HILARIOUS!