Jump to content

New Knoxville Member


Recommended Posts

Hey all,

Names Andrew, just recently relocated to free America from New York!!

Have been shooting most of my life, and got my carry permit upon my arrival in TN. 

Currently have the pistol bug and have a small collection of essentials. 

I am looking for advice on best places to shoot both pistol and long guns. 

 

Nice to meet all of you and glad I found this site! 

  • Like 2
Link to post

Andrew...

Several places in no particular order:

Norris Police Range... Norris. TN.  Go to the police dept HQ.  Pistol n rifle.

Moose Lodge, Callahan at Dante Rd.  No first hand knowledge, but reports from some of the local TGO Brothers are good.  Pistol, im thinkin.

ORSA... Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association... Oak Ridge toward Kingston, in the edge of Roane County... Everything.  Shotgun, pistol, long range rifle... Excellent facility. 

Various small indoor pistol ranges... Maybe others can fill in the blanks here...

Several great sporting clays ranges scattered over the countryside.

Hope this helps a bit...

leroy...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Moderators

Welcome to TGO and TN. 

I'll 2nd ORSA is a great facility. Was there this morning. 

Shoot Point Blank in Knoxville is a great indoor facility. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
9 hours ago, leroy said:

Andrew...

Several places in no particular order:

Norris Police Range... Norris. TN.  Go to the police dept HQ.  Pistol n rifle.

Moose Lodge, Callahan at Dante Rd.  No first hand knowledge, but reports from some of the local TGO Brothers are good.  Pistol, im thinkin.

ORSA... Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association... Oak Ridge toward Kingston, in the edge of Roane County... Everything.  Shotgun, pistol, long range rifle... Excellent facility. 

Various small indoor pistol ranges... Maybe others can fill in the blanks here...

Several great sporting clays ranges scattered over the countryside.

Hope this helps a bit...

leroy...

 

 

4 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

Welcome to TGO and TN. 

I'll 2nd ORSA is a great facility. Was there this morning. 

Shoot Point Blank in Knoxville is a great indoor facility. 

Thank you both! I have been shooting at point blank as of now.

For ORSA do you have to be a member? Is it hard to get into? Had a sportsman club where I was on long Island and it was like a 5 year wait for people to become members if you didn't already have family there. 

I'll also check the other places out once weather gets better! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
47 minutes ago, adesantis296 said:

 

Thank you both! I have been shooting at point blank as of now.

For ORSA do you have to be a member? Is it hard to get into? Had a sportsman club where I was on long Island and it was like a 5 year wait for people to become members if you didn't already have family there. 

I'll also check the other places out once weather gets better! 

RE:  ORSA.... Ya need a sponsor ta vouch for ya...  That said, the application is straight forward... Look on their website for details... There are lotsa open events as well... Take a look at their " Events Calendar " when ya browse the site...

leroy...

Link to post
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, adesantis296 said:

 

Thank you both! I have been shooting at point blank as of now.

For ORSA do you have to be a member? Is it hard to get into? Had a sportsman club where I was on long Island and it was like a 5 year wait for people to become members if you didn't already have family there. 

I'll also check the other places out once weather gets better! 

Takes about 3 to 4 months to become a member at ORSA once you submit an application. Like Leroy said, a current member has to sponsor you on that application. 57 new members were approved by the board this month. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Welcome to Tennessee and TGO. You must be talking about peconic river sportsmans club, ORSA is a much nicer facility, more ranges and much bigger. They don't have an elephant in the main house but the people are nicer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, aknifemaker said:

Welcome to Tennessee and TGO. You must be talking about peconic river sportsmans club, ORSA is a much nicer facility, more ranges and much bigger. They don't have an elephant in the main house but the people are nicer.

Yup that's it. Had a Buddy take me 1 time as his partner was a member. Shooting experience was nothing compared to the trophy rooms!

Guess I am on the hunt to find a member to befriend of ORSA! 

Thanks all for the Info!

Link to post
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, adesantis296 said:

Yup that's it. Had a Buddy take me 1 time as his partner was a member. Shooting experience was nothing compared to the trophy rooms!

Guess I am on the hunt to find a member to befriend of ORSA! 

Thanks all for the Info!

I'm fairly busy next couple of weeks but should be going regularly after that. I'll give you a shout and show you around if you like. Just don't let me forget. Lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 8:13 PM, TripleGGG said:

Takes about 3 to 4 months to become a member at ORSA once you submit an application. Like Leroy said, a current member has to sponsor you on that application. 57 new members were approved by the board this month. 

ORSA has a great facility, and members. Was a member for several years. Did not have a sponsor for my first year, but was allowed to join. Ended up meeting @jpx2rk out there and he was my sponsor for a few years. They let me join under a conditional situation (aka don't do anything stupid your first year). Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful there.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.